Lee PrecisionWidenersSnyders JerkyRepackbox
Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Load Data
Titan Reloading

Thread: RCBS LAM 2 Air Feed

RCBS LAM 2 Air Feed

I have seen a lot of air feeds for different sizers but NOT the RCBS LAM2---so I decided to make one myself !!

I have all the parts and have mocked it together and everything functions as it should--so now I will disassemble it and make all the connections air tight---

TO CLARIFY--this is to feed the LUBE --NOT operate the press !!!!

For anyone wanting to get started on this here is what I have bought and done to date:

The air cylinder is from Zoro Tools, product #G0232443, stock #5TLT5, cost approx. $125.
    It is a metric threaded unit but the mounting nose thread is M30x1.5 and althought the sizer is not metric this fits nicely !!!!
    The rod is threaded as M10x1.5 so the plunger disc from the sizer must be rethreaded. I simply redrilled the original hole with a 21/64"
    drill and the tapped it to M10x1.5--not perfect but functional. Be sure to install the nut that came with the cylinder.

I am using all quick disconnect fittings and 1/4" tubing---it can be plumbed any way you like--and should operate around 65 psi.

Any questions feel free to as---when I get it back together and running I will do a follow up and maybe even some pix ----
    Last edited by handyman77; 02-12-2014 at 05:01 PM.

Boolit Grand Master

Didn't happen without pix! LOL.
    I did an air assist on my RCBS about a year or so ago. I used a closeout cylinder from Grainger for less than $20.00. I have since changed to Hi-Tek coating so don't use it much now.
    On mine I still have to position the top punch so the nose isn't deformed. If I don't position it the ram slams down pretty hard.

I'm sure there are other ways to do it that work fine. Interested to see your pics.

Sorry Leadman--I just clarified my original post---I am using air to maintain the pressure on the lube--NOT operate the press----

BUT who knows maybe that will be my next project---

Quote Originally Posted by handyman77 View Post
    I have seen a lot of air feeds for different sizers but NOT the RCBS LAM2---so I decided to make one myself !!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZF_H7bGcmU

Quote Originally Posted by handyman77 View Post

I have all the parts and have mocked it together and everything functions as it should--so now I will disassemble it and make all the connections air tight---

TO CLARIFY--this is to feed the LUBE --NOT operate the press !!!!

For anyone wanting to get started on this here is what I have bought and done to date:

The air cylinder is from Zoro Tools, product #G0232443, stock #5TLT5, cost approx. $125.
    It is a metric threaded unit but the mounting nose thread is M30x1.5 and althought the sizer is not metric this fits nicely !!!!
    The rod is threaded as M10x1.5 so the plunger disc from the sizer must be rethreaded. I simply redrilled the original hole with a 21/64"
    drill and the tapped it to M10x1.5--not perfect but functional. Be sure to install the nut that came with the cylinder.

I am using all quick disconnect fittings and 1/4" tubing---it can be plumbed any way you like--and should operate around 65 psi.

Any questions feel free to as---when I get it back together and running I will do a follow up and maybe even some pix ----
    any update on how this worked out for you.