Titan ReloadingRepackboxLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders JerkyWidenersReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Load Data RotoMetals2
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Where are y'all finding powder? Or are you?

Boolit Master
    I've started to find just about everything but Bullseye which I have plenty of. Here is a dealer in Macon Georgia just picked up the Tite Group on bottom shelf for 18.75 per lb.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	314 
Size:	80.7 KB 
ID:	95950

Aother dealer this weekend in milledgeville had abotu the same but all 1lb cans. He even had 4831sc and varget. Got them too.
    Our house is protected by the Good Lord and a gun and you might meet them both if you show up here not welcome son!

Boolit Grand Master

8lbs of Promo for $92.50. Good price in my book
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    A couple of my LGS's just got in hundreds of pounds of powder! Everything in the book except Unique and BE. They even have Varget!

But it goes VERY fast! Even with a tight limit on purchases.

It seems to be getting better but sounds very regional.

Everybody has tons of primers now.

Good luck to y'all in your search for powder!

banger

Boolit Buddy
    Honestly, my best luck in buying powder the last year has been in asking several older shooters I know if they have anything they want to sell. Our Gun Club has 400 members, many of which are in their 60's, 70's and even a few in their 80's. They are, as most shooters, hoarders.....they have been through many shortages, some even all the way back to "The Big War" practically....Many are coming to the realization though that they don't get out to shoot quite as much as they used too and that their various relatives don't really care much about guns or shooting.....I've bought several large lots of powder, primers, cases and bullets this way along with various reloading tools etc....Often at VERY reasonable prices....

Three weeks ago for example I bought over 40 pounds of powder for $400. Some of it quite honestly was old when Reagan was in the White House....that's ok, it was stored well and I plan to shoot every grain of it. I just let it be known that I was looking for reloading components of all kinds while at the last gunshow and hanging out with some of the guys and one of them asked that I call him later.....was worth the call.

Boolit Mold
    I went to 3 different gun shops in Maine and NH this weekend and saw no Unique or Blue Dot. Other than those two the selection was pretty good but a couple of the shops were pretty far away. I was in the areas anyway for a weekend trip but if I don't find any Unique locally by summer time, I'll probably order it online and eat the hazmat fee.

Quote Originally Posted by Jäger View Post
    I went to 3 different gun shops in Maine and NH this weekend and saw no Unique or Blue Dot. Other than those two the selection was pretty good but a couple of the shops were pretty far away. I was in the areas anyway for a weekend trip but if I don't find any Unique locally by summer time, I'll probably order it online and eat the hazmat fee.
    Good luck finding it online.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by Airman Basic View Post
    Good luck finding it online.
    To heck with it then, I heard it burns dirty anyway. Looks like using one powder for my 30-06 and 357 may not happen. Bullseye would work instead of Unique for my 357 and it's in stock. There is 5744 in stock for my 30-06.

Banned

I just back order it. Got 5 pounds of Blue Dot a few weeks ago and had to wait two weeks. Unique, Blue Dot and RL 15 are all I use.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Hog Farm View Post
    I saw an 8 lb keg of bullseye for $145 today
    I saw on Craigslist the other day someone wanting to sell an 8-lb keg of Varget for $330 and another wanting $275 for it. That just seems a bit ridiculous to me. I've never used Varget and at that price, I'm pretty sure that I won't.
    NATURAL BORN CITIZEN = offspring of TWO US citizens
    Just because they are constantly playing the Race Card, it doesn't mean that we should allow them to get away with raping our Constitution.

Most problems in life can be solved with sufficient quantities of high explosives -- or with penicillin.

More about me

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by jmortimer View Post
    I just back order it. Got 5 pounds of Blue Dot a few weeks ago and had to wait two weeks. Unique, Blue Dot and RL 15 are all I use.
    Unfortunately, some of the online stores will not do backorders these days.
    NATURAL BORN CITIZEN = offspring of TWO US citizens
    Just because they are constantly playing the Race Card, it doesn't mean that we should allow them to get away with raping our Constitution.

Most problems in life can be solved with sufficient quantities of high explosives -- or with penicillin.

More about me

Love Life
    Quote Originally Posted by Artful View Post
    I felt lucky to be able to pick up 8 pounder of IMR 4831 for $23 per pound the other day.
    I found Retumbo for $27.00 per lb today and couldn't get my wallet out fast enough. I'd rather gripe about paying $27 per lb than gripe about not having any.

Quote Originally Posted by Love Life View Post
    I found Retumbo for $27.00 per lb today and couldn't get my wallet out fast enough. I'd rather gripe about paying $27 per lb than gripe about not having any.
    I feel the same way at that price and how things are going.If you do not get it when you see it at a not bad price better get some.but if too high just leave it for how i see it.I know there is not much allient powder out there and also for what i seen on this forum about some powders will not be produce anymore after this year.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Love Life View Post
    Since you bring this powder up quite often I almost bought some the other day. I think it was $22 a pound and they had plenty of it. Figured I would leave it for the people that will actually use it. I bought a rifle instead. Can't let others buy one of them

Boolit Master
    I ise Retumbo in my 300 ultra. It takes alot of powder. I try to buy 8lb kegs. only shoot rum at distance and been to busy loading for new business to shoot it much. I do love it though.
    Our house is protected by the Good Lord and a gun and you might meet them both if you show up here not welcome son!

Love Life
    I use it in the .243. Very nice SD and ES. Vertical dispersion is almost non-existent except for the goof ball squeezing the trigger.

Boolit Master
    I wish Sportsmans in Reno looked as good as that store

Powder Valley is posting some IMR powders as I write this. They are selling out faster than the clerk is entering in new powders. Thus the list of available is floating. Like dominoes falling. They already posted SR 7625 and sold it all out within a short time. Now people will read this post and increase buying pressure even more. It's all a big conspiracy mounted by the men in black suits.

Boolit Master

I ordered 8 pounds of Lil'gun and 5000 SP primers from Recobs on Sunday. It will be here on the 14th. The cost totaled $350. That's $50 for Hazmat and shipping fees, but I saved the sales tax had I gotten it locally and the price for gas. This will keep me shooting for 5 or 6 months and I am grateful.

Yes price for gas. New government IRS millage deduction is over fifty cents a mile. That would be for an economy car.

Have to wait around here today for the Fed-Ex truck to come. Have an ammo order. In Illinois you have to sign for ammo and components and have your state FOID recorded at the vendors. I email a copy in PDF format and they keep it on file in there computers. As for waiting around. I'd not want $300 worth of goods sitting on my porch all day anyway.

Boolit Master
    Graf's has several of the popular Accurate powders in stock right now.

smokeywolf
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789