Snyders JerkyInline FabricationRotoMetals2Lee Precision
WidenersRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Titan Reloading

View Poll Results: How much would you sell your 500 round boxes of 22lr for?

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • $20

10 9.43%
  • $30

18 16.98%
  • $40

20 18.87%
  • $50

14 13.21%
  • $60+

44 41.51%
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: How much would you sell your 500 rnd 22lr boxes for?

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

Quote Originally Posted by Jammersix View Post
    One of the things that is amusing me is that the same people who are unhappy with the "gougers" are saying they wouldn't sell their .22 ammo-- that it's priceless.

That implies that the gougers are selling it at quite a bargain, and that it's a good deal.
    I am unhappy with the gougers, not for myself but for those who wish to buy at store pricing and not for prices at street prices, those who have no retail license and likely pay no sales tax or report their profits on said sales.

I also said if I was to sell my .22's which I have in the 10's of thousands, over 60 bricks, of standard plinking ammo, I would only sell at auction with the buyers setting the pricing. Plus this would be done by a bona fide auction house or auctioneer.

All of my .22 ammo was acquired long before this madness started.
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by jcwit View Post
    I am unhappy with the gougers, not for myself but for those who wish to buy at store pricing and not for prices at street prices, those who have no retail license and likely pay no sales tax or report their profits on said sales.

I also said if I was to sell my .22's which I have in the 10's of thousands, over 60 bricks, of standard plinking ammo, I would only sell at auction with the buyers setting the pricing. Plus this would be done by a bona fide auction house or auctioneer.

All of my .22 ammo was acquired long before this madness started.
    I don't have all that much, but if I did and decided I needed the money I would do just that. As it is I have enough to last my grandson several years of rabbit hunting when he gets old enough. Just a few weeks if he went out and wasted it though. Other than that I would consider donating it to some of those youth groups you have been mentioning having to pay high prices.

Banned
    I see, it's all about the good of humanity and for the children?

Just out of curiosity, jcwit, what taxes do you think they owe?

Not for sale...free to good friends and family if I'm shooting with them but to sell it...it just ends in the hands of resellers and I got no intention of feeding that frenzy. I just picked about 2000 rounds total of 38 special, 357 and 9mm .... all factory....old but think it's just fine (posted on this thread asking for opinions on shoot or break down or Mexican match)...it was from an estate...cheaper than 22 is right now (paid under a dime a round) and much rather shoot that if it's all ok..Family and friends again get their pick of it and gougers get zip.

Quote Originally Posted by starmac View Post
    Other than that I would consider donating it to some of those youth groups you have been mentioning having to pay high prices.
    Our youth group won the lottery that CCI had and is now set for at least the next 2 years of shooting. Purchased at factory pricing, we are one of 30 nation wide. BTW we have the largest 4-H shooting program in our state. Our county is sponsoring 800 junior shooters this coming spring/summer.
    Last edited by jcwit; 01-26-2014 at 01:06 AM.

I see, it's all about the good of humanity and for the children?

Just out of curiosity, jcwit, what taxes do you think they owe?
    Jammer, please point out where I pointed out children in that post?

My quote from my post
    If they make a practice of selling at retail, a retail license is required in my state and in the surrounding states, as is income taxes on the profits. At least that's the way it was when my wife & I had our retail business, no matter where we acquired our merchandise. More than a little elementary.

To sell otherwise makes it an underground economy.

Jammer, you do seem good at only reading the meanings that fits what you wish.
    Last edited by jcwit; 01-26-2014 at 01:10 AM.

Banned
    I don't see a requirement in Washington state for any license or tax on a private resale of .22 ammunition.

What I do see is a massive inconsistency in your posts.

I don't see a requirement in Washington state for any license or tax on a private resale of .22 ammunition.

Not much of the U.S. population lives in the state of Washington. But I'm not discussing the private sale of ammo or anything else, I talking about the continuing sale of ammo by those who buy up available ammo at retail outlets to sell at inflated retail AKA street prices. Thereby making it a business and needing a license and also federal license for operating a business.

I realize that's hard for you to comprehend but then maybe you are in the group working the underground economy? Is that why you seem the need to justify your means?

Time for me to go, its past midnight here in the Midwest and time for an old man to hit the sack.

Nity-nite

Reason being, its a combination of more than just one thing, simple right?

Banned
    How does that make it a business?

Even then it is just the writers opinion and nothing more.
    It's pretty much Econ 101.
    If the author is wrong, so is virtually every economics professor in the world.

The article explains equilibrium in a free market, and states that government interference with equilibrium price has unintended consequences. That can be seen in economic theory and has been proven by history.

Quote Originally Posted by HNSB View Post
    It's pretty much Econ 101.
    If the author is wrong, so is virtually every economics professor in the world.
    And that is entirely possible, at one time the educated thought the world was flat too.

How does that make it a business?
    How does what make what a business?

If you mean my comment

Not much of the U.S. population lives in the state of Washington. But I'm not discussing the private sale of ammo or anything else, I talking about the continuing sale of ammo by those who buy up available ammo at retail outlets to sell at inflated retail AKA street prices. Thereby making it a business and needing a license and also federal license for operating a business.
    The fact its a continuing enterprise, that in itself qualifies it as a business, one time garage sale, no its not a business.

Jammer, if you are unable to decide what actually constitutes a bona fide retail business and/or someone who is attempting to fly under the radar and conducting a street business, and bypass all legal requirements there is little I or anyone can do to educate you on this.

One more time are you trying to justify this because you are participating in this form of endeavor?
    Just asking.
    Last edited by jcwit; 01-26-2014 at 11:10 AM.

Actually, part of the problem is that retailers are not selling at market prices.
    If the Wal-Marts put the price at $80/500 for awhile this would go away.
    Price would come back down.

Boolit Buddy
    I wouldn't sell them, luckily I have a 50cal can full to the top I wouldn't mind geting some more because my son is now shooting the 10-22 and I have a couple kids from boy scouts that I've been taking. I hate 22s because you can't make them it bugs me lol. I was at bass pro yesterday and they were sold out, I was looking at bullets for reloading and someone starched a couple 100 bricks behind the boxes so I grabbed them lol 8.00ish per 100 I'll stash those and go through the old ones in the ammo can first, but for now-on I'll buy a brick when at the gun shop or Walmart when they come back.
    Hope for change.

Boolit Buddy
    Actually, part of the problem is that retailers are not selling at market prices.
    Big 5 is doing the same ****, 48.00 per 1000 win primers (yes big 5 sells them now) they had a scout rifle and I've been wanting to get one, I asked about it and he said "these are hard to get" and wanted 1500.00 + commie taxes/fees so I passed, I've seen them for 800isn at small gun shops. I was at a shop yesterday, they had a keg of green dot for 280.00 I had to pass that up as well I'm purdy damn sure I got my last keg for around 120.00
    Hope for change.

Wal-Mart sells little at so called "market", this is what makes them so successful, and the largest retailer and company the world has ever seen.

Americans spend $36,000,000 at Wal-Mart Every hour of every day.
    Wal-Mart will sell more from January 1 to St. Patrick's Day (March 17th) than Target sells all year.
    Wal-Mart is bigger than Home Depot + Kroger + Target +Sears + Costco + K-Mart combined.

Banned

Written by somebody and then published in a Florida newspaper and then a Canadian newspaper, about what our government wished to do 9 to 8 years ago, regarding the pricing of gas for vehicles. Even then it is just the writers opinion and nothing more.
    You don't understand admit it! What difference does it make where or who wrote the article or if the article is a week old or 100 years old . The process is still the same.
    It's not an opinion loosely thrown on paper. It's a way business should be allowed to run. With minimal government intervention.
    Since your comment lacks any real meaningful dialogue. I strongly suggest you sit silent at your key board and let those of us who understand business discuss the important topics.

So I'll close with this line. WHO'S JOHN GALT?

Banned

I have 5 boxes of Rem 525 who want's em? $40.00 per box. Drop over I'll be home most of the day.

Love Life
    For the love of all that is holy...THIS^^^^!!!!!!!