Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Load Data
Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxTitan Reloading
Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is the most quiet air rifle?

I have no problems with some Chinese rifles.
    The qb series from archer airguns are very affordable, quite accurate, and highly modify able if that is what you are looking for.
    I make 2 predictions:
    On the date when U.S. troops are issued an Energy Pulse Weapon.
    1. The U.S. soldier will have on his person a version of the Colt 1911.
    2. He will be aiming the new weapon at someone carrying an AK.

Boolit Man
    the chinese know how to make a gun when they want to. most of the cheaper breakbarrels are chinese these days, all of your crosman,benjamin, stoeger, ruger , winchester and others....all china made. some of them are nice guns, the bam guns are a bit shoddier when it comes to QC, but the xisico guns are pretty nice. bam makes crosman/benjamin, and stoeger. xisico makes the ruger, browning leverage, and umarex brands. for just under 200 bucks, the browning leverage is a real sleeper. in 22 caliber it is insanely accurate, i can hit a dime most times at 30 yds with it. and in 22 it stomps nutters. it is pretty quiet as well. it is an underlever rifle and comes with a decent scope, needs better rings than whats included though

Boolit Mold
    In my life I have had three Benjamin Sheridan ,got old and the pumping would kill my rotators.
    I treated myself to a Benjamin Marauda in 22 cal.
    Got a divers air tank and this thing is wonderful.
    The air gun is very Quite[comes with built in suppressor,it is also very accurate with rws super points.
    It was a lot more money than O P wants to spend but for me and at my age it works for me.

Vendor Sponsor

If your budget is only <$200 there are two options that will not break your bank at all.

First if you absolutely have to kill the problem then use CCI CB longs or CB Shorts. Both use a 29 gr bullet at 710 fps the report is almost none existent IE; all you hear is the striker hitting the cartridge.

If don't you want kill them, buy a Havaheart trap, it will cost you about $30-50, it is re-useable, and you aren't killing the squirrels. (We like squirrels in my neighborhood because we are so humane and civilized out here in CA!) When you catch them you simply deport the problem to someone else's neighborhood, or better yet take them to the great wild areas away from your house and let them go.

In the last 10 years I have caught 37 raccoons, 7 opossums, and 2 skunks in Havaheart traps,(I have two.) and deported them to wooded areas near a lake 5 miles up wind from my home. Except the skunks which Animal Control kills in the trap and then dissects their heads to check for rabies

I would warn you that in CA and I'm pretty sure other states as well, Transferring a nuisance to some where else is frowned on by Fish and Game. IN CA those Raccoons are worth about $10K a pop. In MS I doubt anyone would give a ship, but you still would be best served by using a little discretion when relocating your pests.

When I lived in a housing tract in town we had a serious Mockingbird problem. I shot 3-400 of them over the space of several years. I never had a problem with the neighbors because a pellet gun going off once in a while just blends in with all the rest of the ambient noise. However if they see you with the gun outside waving it around or your pellets do some damage to someone's property you will have problems.

This is definitely a situation where stealth is your friend.

Another way is to get a large cat or dog like a Jack Russell Terrier. Our Squirrels never touch the ground because our cats are always around. The squirrels end up in a feud with the Blue Jays over the Peanuts my wife puts out. The Blue Jays are on them instantly and usually get most all of them. The squirrels just sit in the trees and bitch at the cats and birds. It is really quite entertaining to watch the battles.

Hope some of this helps with your Squirrel Problem.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Vendor Sponsor

Mini claymores
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

If Youre looking for Quiet they named the gammo Whisper wrong. I have one it is as loud as a 22 rifle . I was disappointed on first shot. It sshoots real good nice scope on it and is real accurate but definetly not Quiet

Quote Originally Posted by huli View Post
    If Youre looking for Quiet they named the gammo Whisper wrong. I have one it is as loud as a 22 rifle . I was disappointed on first shot. It sshoots real good nice scope on it and is real accurate but definetly not Quiet
    That is the exact same thing I thought. I bought one a few months ago to go squirrel hunting with. It is LOUD out-of-the-box, but it has quieted down a lot. Still not as quiet as they advertise.
    If grasshoppers carried .45's the birds wouldnt mess with them.

Boolit Master

You can download a db meter for most cell phones for free and they are fairly accurate. Haven't used it for testing my pellet guns but use it for my old cars exhaust.