RepackboxInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
RotoMetals2Load DataWidenersTitan Reloading
Lee Precision Snyders Jerky
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Family Feud

Boolit Grand Master
    Exactly Keith. Learning is an active process. If you aren't prepared to learn why should I try to teach?

Boolit Grand Master

I can't understand, six pages of complaints, about complaining. Why did I read all of this????

Boolit Grand Master
    To learn how to complain, duh. You are doing well too, nice complaint about complaining.

It isn't complaining, we are merely venting. Think of it this way- we are like a bunch of old guys sitting in the diner having a cup of coffee. We are solving the worlds problems.

Some see it as complaining, I don't. We are merely stating opinion.

Love Life
    I heard they were giving away free stuff. That's why I'm here...

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    I didn't read it all, but LL's post (above) shocked me...... you mean there's no free stuff?
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

Love Life
    No free stuff, no punch and pie, and no free (unproven) load data. This is the worst thread ever.

Boolit Grand Master
    I use 40 gr of Yellow Dot in my 9 mm. Gives me 1900 fps with a 147 ge bullet in my CZ75. No leading as long as I use water dropped monotype with 2 percent tin added. It is tough to cast with as the bullets tend to solder to my brass mould but I avoid that by squiring Kroil into each cavity before each pour then igniting it.

Other than that you are on your own.....

Love Life
    Sweet!!! I'm assuming I can use the 147 gr data with a 200 gr boolit?

I just spit beer on my computer....Thanks
    The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
    Proverbs 1:7

Boolit Grand Master
    A 200 gr bullet works but ONLY if you use a GC design with no check. I get better accuracy from traditional lube groove designs covered with tumble lube, a layer of powder coat, topped off with hi-Tek coating. I bake at 400, stir occasionally and remove when the meat falls from the bones.

Love Life
    Thanks!! The only issue I'm having now is that my boolits are wrinkled when they fall from the mould. I've searched and searched why, red the cast boolit manual at least 4,457,000 times, and I just can't seem to figure it out. Is it because my mould is too hot?

Boolit Grand Master
    Wrinkly bullets are a sign of old lead. 18 year old lead tends to give smoothly, perky bullets. Your lead is probably 60 years old and will only make wrinkly, saggy bullets. Send it to a mod, they like em that way......

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by btroj View Post
    If the implication is that we don't have a life then I disagree. This is my hobby, what I do for fun. I don't drink, smoke, womanize, or gamble. This is what I do. I have plenty of bullets cast right now but I may go make more today anyway.
    I wasn't implying anything just making a suggestion but I did notice you've made 125 posts in less than the last 48 hours. People have to be careful a hobby doesn't become an obsession and take over their lives

I like a drink now and then, chew tobacco like it's going out of style, love the womans I surely do, and wouldn't push myself away from a slot machine if there was one in the room. Also just got in from shooting my ML in 24* temps with snow blowing in my face. Maybe that's why little things like people asking questions doesn't bother me.

Boolit Grand Master

Awww Baloney! None of youz guyz knows what yer talking about. I heard more intelligent discussions at my Grannies' rest home with the residents arguing about the consistency of the vanilla pudding they had for lunch. All Yall are full of beans...
    My Anchor is holding fast!

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by mold maker View Post
    I can't understand, six pages of complaints, about complaining. Why did I read all of this????
    If you go the the headliner of the forum, click on forum actions and on the drop down menu go to general settings you can select 40 posts per page which will give you only 3 pages of whining.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Grand Master
    Well played Gianni, well played.

Brad, I think you just have way too much time on your hands. Find a hobby man...
    The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
    Proverbs 1:7

Boolit Buddy
    and while we are on the subject
    can someone please explain to me
    mold vs. mould ?
    I did not see a sticky for this, nor did I read about it in any of my casting or reloading books (made with paper)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mold
    >>>Molds are a large and taxonomically diverse number of fungal species where the growth of hyphae results in discoloration and a fuzzy appearance, especially on food<<<

vs.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mould.JPG 
Views:	93 
Size:	37.8 KB 
ID:	90010

Love Life
    Buzzzzzzzzzzzzz, bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, buzz, buzz, buzz, bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by varmint243 View Post
    and while we are on the subject
    can someone please explain to me
    mold vs. mould ?
    I did not see a sticky for this, nor did I read about it in any of my casting or reloading books (made with paper)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mold
    >>>Molds are a large and taxonomically diverse number of fungal species where the growth of hyphae results in discoloration and a fuzzy appearance, especially on food<<<

vs.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mould.JPG 
Views:	93 
Size:	37.8 KB 
ID:	90010

If'n your'e going to beat a dead horse, please provide your own...

"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat." - Ronald Reagan