RepackboxLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Snyders JerkyInline FabricationLoad DataRotoMetals2
Wideners
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Freakshow10mm's new project: 375 H&H Magnum Pistol

Talking Freakshow10mm's new project: 375 H&H Magnum Pistol

Yup, you heard right. A pistol.

Ordered a TC Encore pistol frame last week, should be here soon. Got it for 256 Win Mag but getting a barrel will take 8-10 weeks through the custom shop and I can't wait that long.

So, seeing as how I have over 700pcs of 375 H&H brass, RCBS dies, bunch 'o Varget it just seemed like a natural course in life to get stupid.

I ordered a 26" Encore SS barrel off of Wholesale Hunter (for only $235!!) chambered in the awesome 375H&H Magnum. I got a guy from GT that's going to lop it off to 14" and (hopefully can) thread it for a Vais muzzle brake. Then I'll have my very own 375 H&H Magnum pistol!!

I got two molds I need to cast yet, a Lyman 375449 (264gr FNGC) and 378674 (335gr RN). Should be mild enough with cast boolits but I might run some blemished Noslers I got inbound.

Boolit Master
    A 375 H&H in a pistol ought to be a hoot.

I have a 15" Encore barrel in 444 Marlin and it's a handful with a hefty charge of RL-7 and 300 grain bullets. Your hand just tingles after dropping the hammer on a round.

John in Oregon
    Last edited by johnly; 11-27-2007 at 03:28 PM.

Cast Boolits Founder/B.O.B.

50 Alaskan and 458 Win Mag,,, near twin Encores. 375 H&H is still a middle bore.
    Boolits= as God laid it into the soil,,grand old Galena,the Silver Stream graciously hand poured into molds for our consumption.

Bullets= Machine made utilizing Full Length Gas Checks as to provide projectiles for the masses.

http://www.cafepress.com/castboolits

castboolits@gmail.com

Nice. My "big bore" is my Guide Gun 45/70 spittin' out 4000fpe.

The 375 Holland shouldn't be too bad. I'm running boolits most of the time.

Banned

worse one ive ever shot is kelly brosts 458 lott encore. Had just gotten my middle nuckle operated on for bone spurs from shooting big guns and it ripped the stitches open!! Probably would have been fine if i had enough sense to put it down after the first shot!!

Boolit Master
    I thought my 45-70 barrel on my TC was a kicker. What is the barrel length on that 458 and what kind of brake is on it?

Boolit Master
    I gotta Competitor single shot with a 25-06 barrel for a plinker,and a big bore in 470 Capstick, that needs shoot'n.I got a feeling that its gonna take some time to break that one in.......

Boolit Grand Master
    All o' y'all Handcannon Fanatics re-define "sanity" every time you squeeze the triggers on those monsters. I knew Ken was kinda warped from some of the stuff he brought to NCBS, and I know he takes comfort in knowing that others pursue those same tendencies with vigor.

And with Tylenol, I reckon.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Master
    Some where between here and there.....

Banned

It was a 14 inch gun and it had a pretty big brake on it. Still kicked like a mule though. Actually wasnt to bad with factory 458 win mags though. But when the full loaded lotts were shot it really woke up!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ebner glocken View Post
    I thought my 45-70 barrel on my TC was a kicker. What is the barrel length on that 458 and what kind of brake is on it?

Boolit Master
    I gotta American derringer 4" in 45 colt/.410 in the lower and 45-70 in the upper.That upper with win 300gr will get your attention! I'd say it kills on one end and maims on the other....A couple of shots outta that and I'm all done in......

Boolit Grand Master
    Pardon my saying so, but all these Mondo Crazy Handguns remind me of the urban legend from a few years ago that claimed to document a case in AZ where someone attached a JATO aircraft unit to a pre-Columbian Chevrolet product--just to see what happened. The claimed results were 300 MPH speeds--airborne lift off--and augering into an adjacent hillside.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Pretty sure I'll be the only one in the UP with a 375 H&H handgun.

Hey, what's a little recoil...umongst friends. Besides, everybody has to have something that you can turn to your friend & say, "I bet you can't".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlLewWKw-Rw

Boolit Master
    Warped? you want to talk about warped. I have been looking long and hard at a 12Ga rifled barrel for an Encore, with the thoughts of cutting it down to at least 15" and maybe shorter. A poor mans Howdah to hunt tigers with.
    Anyone got an elephant for sale cheap?
    I used to be some what sane until I started hanging around here,lol.
    Jeff

Hey, finally found the one I was really looking for.

By the way, be sure to video those first shots from that bruiser!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lzri...eature=related

Boolit Grand Master
    You all got dropped on yer heads as infants, I just know it. Of course, one "UP" side to the practice is the cool cocktail party conversation that flows from having one's thumb moved down around the crook of yer elbow.

But I digress.

Don't look like he had much of a grip on that! Gun twere movin'. Blurred even at slow motion! Glad he didn't mess up my peestola thataway.
    We need somebody/something to keep the government (cops and bureaucrats too) HONEST (by non government oversight).

Every "freedom" (latitude) given to government is a loophole in the rule of law. Every loophole in the rule of law is another hole in our freedom. When they even obey the law that is. Too often government seems to feel itself above the law.

We forgot to take out the trash in 2012, but 2016 was a charm! YESSS!

Quote Originally Posted by 9.3X62AL View Post
    You all got dropped on yer heads as infants, I just know it. Of course, one "UP" side to the practice is the cool cocktail party conversation that flows from having one's thumb moved down around the crook of yer elbow.

But I digress.
    Yeah, but I'm only 26. I'm still in the "young and stupid" category. If I get hurt I'm sure I'll heal.

Boolit Master

Freakshow - You really gotta quit trying to top BigSlick!

It's NOT a competition, man! Jes let him be the king of the knuts!