Snyders JerkyInline FabricationWidenersRepackbox
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Titan Reloading Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Rifle Made In Texas?

Boolit Master
    Who will buy it?

PT Barnum said, there's a fool borne every minute!

My computer is housed under a baseball cap.

Three 44s

Boolit Buddy
    three 44s,
    The Bad Guys!
    G

Vendor Sponsor

OK, now I see! Who gives a ship?. I am going to be very surprised if the thing will do what it claims more than once. MY BS detector is screaming right now.

First: 2750 FPS +/- 10 fps. That's some pretty impressive loads to guarantee in writing. Seems like just a shift in temp would shoot that claim all to hell.

Also has this thing got some way of steering the bullet? Or is it just a video sighting system?

Also they say it is the most accurate rifle to 1200 yards out there.. I just bet Chey-Tec would dispute that claim.

I see an expensive rifle that may or may not live up to it's expectations. I also see Barrett, Chey-Tec and other who are well established companies ( Established Govt Contractors)as their main competitors.

I see this type of thing every year at the SHOT show and usually there is a Car salesman in the booth with it. Usually they are on the lower floor in a booth the size of your bathtub.

Randy
    Last edited by W.R.Buchanan; 11-03-2013 at 02:16 PM.
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Buddy
    I hope that you all know, don't shoot the messenger!
    Please
    G

Boolit Master on Heavens Range
    The most accurate gun(s) are those which are electronically sighted AND take into account the weather with the guns' foundation (bench) bouncing all over the place. How about a inch and a half equivalent group at 26 miles? That would be a squared off football field as a target. Too bad, though, the final gun system has been mothballed. Talking about one of the big 4 battle wagons, the one which has the full complement of the latest "gun" electronics, including weather calcs via satellite sensors. ... felix

Nowadays, the projectiles themselves are pre-programmed via on-board computers having embedded target information. The gun platform and weather are taken out of the equation. There were (are) two locations in the USA which burn the information into the chips before delivery to the platform to be plugged into a specific "cruise missile". These were used during the desert storms. The drones today probably have such missiles which are probably programmed in real-time from the ground station. Required, because targets are unknown in advance of the drone's flight. ... felix
    Last edited by felix; 11-04-2013 at 01:40 PM.
    felix

And here i was all happy with my new vari x II 3x9 50mil. Hmmmm....well it still does work without the satelite connection. That might come in handy. Whew! Ya'll had me worried there for a minute.

Boolit Grand Master

I think it would be fun to play with for a range trip or two, but $28,000 ? I don't do much long range shooting but the calculator on my smart phone along with a dope card and a range finder should get me very close to what this machine will do.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Jeez, another evil black rifle, just what we need. Probably enough extra **** on it to be declared a bolt action assault weapon in several states. LOL

Did you notice they said it uses "open tipped ammunition"? Pretty funny, sounds like they're afraid to say the scary thing, hollow point bullet. Not PC enough for their intended market?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Love Life View Post
    I don't like the system, but for other reasons. It smacks of outright laziness to my. I busted my hump to be able shoot rifles well, and this is just a way for people to buy their way to accuracy.
    All I gotta say is this: If your enemy has one, you better have one too!!!!!

Boolit Master

There is a write up in the American Rifleman about the cheaper version of this thing. It is offered by Remington as a package on select rifles. It does not need a computer or I-pad connected to it to work but you can if you want someone else to view it also.
    On the other end of things there is a small article about Henry Arms bringing back a US made 1860.

Perm-Banned
    billy dixon didnt have this new gun and he did alright. ive seen some pretty good long range shots with diff. kinds of buffalo rifles at the alliance ne. range. seems to me their is more talent and skill in that then running a computer.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Love Life View Post
    Or just send me the money!!!
    That's what I was thinking. Some of you better shooters should hire out for half the money!
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

I want a Burris eliminator 4 its not out yet, Scheels said they were not going to get any more 3s in they are waiting for the 4s to come out. I will put it on my 243wssm for coyotes.

Boolit Grand Master
    The threat of a weapon like this, if it works (and if not it eventually will), is that someone with very little training and poor skills can execute shots that place them at or near the same level as an accomplished marksman.

Do not think in terms of harvesting game. That is a narrow perspective.

And prices will come down. Look at what happened with TV's.

Don Verna

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by nicholst55 View Post
    I expect the GOV.org to restrict its sale to LE or military, or else to highly regulate it. They're scared of it.
    There was an assassin type movie some years back that used something just like that as part of the plot. Yeah, Gov.com would be afraid of that, just as they are afraid of us.