Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2RepackboxSnyders Jerky
Titan ReloadingInline FabricationWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PP for a 7mm-08 is a .270 bullet a good start ?

Heh, "my brass is above average"
    I will go with that.

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    Actually I've a smaller 7mm w/bore groove diminsions that mirror yours and my RCBS 27-130 at 278 is near perfect in it . FWIW the 7x6.8 REM shot identical groups w/120 flat base soft point Seirra and the 27-130 at 132 gr w/the patched 132s going 20fps faster on the same 22.0 gr of RL 10x. While this is 1 bbl and 1 example the 270 boolit works well in it.

No Tim I've not gotten back to dial it in yet but very soon I will be back on it. I do have another ''plan''in my little head.
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

No, haven't tried paper in the 7-08 yet. But I'll get there.
    As concerns the 7-08 in general, it's great for cast. Had a 788 with the 18" barrel in 1981 that I used as a test bed to develop data for a cast boolit wildcat. The old Lyman 280473 with DoAll Tool Saver for lube, bumping up with pressure, worked great in it. The inside of the barrel would look like it was galvanized and it still shot into 2" at 100 yards. Later on it had the chamber neck lengthened to use full length sized 30-06 cases with the old design long contact length RCBS 168 grainer. The loaded cartridge looked like a beer bottle so it got dubbed the 28 Long Neck. After all the data was put together it got rebarreled. Still have the 280473 and the discontinued Lee 270 mold. So, yeah, I oughta get with the program and roll'em!