WidenersLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Titan Reloading

Thread: Rossi 92 45LC

Boolit Grand Master

Rossi 92 45LC

So my sweetie was feeling a little under the weather. I took the truck to the dump and stopped a few towns over to take a look at a new gunshop. On the shelf was a Rossi 45LC, used. hmmm...Just for kicks I asked to look at it. Looked brand new as in 100 rounds or less with no scratches, dings or anything. It had a 20in barrel.
    "uh..hey, how much just curious"
    "$350"
    "oh.." I handed it back to him over the counter.
    "Tell ya what, give me $325 cash and I'll knock off the sales tax"
    "$325 out the door"?
    "yeah, there's an atm just down the street"
    uh....Guess what just came home with me? hehehe.....

One question: Which would ease this new family edition into the door easier, flowers or chocolates?
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

" flowers or chocolates?"---jonp

.....both, and a nice piece of jewelry ! [teehee]
    Liberalism is an incurable disease

Boolit Bub
    The old two gun case trick is usually the best way to ease the new arrival into the house.

(For those not familiar, one of the two cases is empty when you leave the house).

I've had the 20" oct. barrel model for a couple of years now and love it in 45 Colt. I've shot up to 250 to 325 gr cast bullets through this gun using everything from black powder to Lil'Gun. Never been sorry about the purchase new in the box came to $437 including the 6% sales tax out the door in 2011. I've since got the Steve Gunz tune kit with DVD, stainless mag spring from The Smith Shop, Gunslinger springs from Brownells and refinished the wood using Birchwood Casey's stock refinishing kit. I also added sights from Steve Gunz site as well. The gun not only looks great it shoots great.
    Joe

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    Use the old "Loaned it to a friend" (co-worker, cousin, etc) ploy.
    "Look Honey! Gene just got his busted rifle fixed and he finally gave me my ol' Rossi back."
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

Boolit Buddy

Just leave it in the truck till you can smuggle it into the safe and then they never know its a new one,works for me atleast

Boolit Grand Master

Ok...plan B. I did a drive by of the house then circled back to the gunshop and bought her a 12 gauge pump with a pistol grip and ghost rings. Showed up and it was like
    "hey look what I bought you"!
    "Awww, thanks...what's in your other hand"?
    "nothunnnnnn" hehehe

Banned

I think a 4 cavity 452664 mold would ease things along better.....just sayin.

Boolit Master
    Nice, and if it's an Interarms one without the bolt safety, REALLY NICE!!!!! The one that I have (Interarms 24" rifle 1/2 round, 1/2 octagonal) likes (and feeds) the RCBS 45-270-SAA crimped in the groove for an OAL of @ 1.655", so don't write off trying it in yours if you have that mold..... In mine I just had to make sure that the cartridge guides were to the rear and parallel.

Dan

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by joec View Post
    I've had the 20" oct. barrel model for a couple of years now and love it in 45 Colt. I've shot up to 250 to 325 gr cast bullets through this gun using everything from black powder to Lil'Gun. Never been sorry about the purchase. I've since got the Steve Gunz tune kit with DVD, stainless mag spring from The Smith Shop, I also added sights from Steve Gunz site as well. The gun not only looks great it shoots great.
    +1 love that gun.
    Vulcan 20MM = Accuracy by volume.

Boolit Buddy

Like mentioned get the Steve Gunz video and kit,i did it to mine and its slick as can be now and works great. Besides doing those mods/deburring the only thing left that I am going to do is get skinner sights.

Boolit Buddy
    If you want to slick it up I would part with my dvd. PM me if interested. Mark
    Vulcan 20MM = Accuracy by volume.

Boolit Master

I've got one TOO! It's a nice rifle. Not AS nice as a Uberti(SP?), or even a winchester, but still it's well done and functional.

I've fed it everything that I cast for my 45 acp. It eats everything I've tried so far, even broke the golden rule here, loaded some jaxeted!?

Me and iron sights are a thing of the long lost past, so I'm happy with 2" groups @ 25yds. My only lever gun, my only other LG was a Marlin in 35 Remington, I traded it, to my never ending lament. Even had a partner hand cannon in a 14" contender. Both are gone, wish I still had them.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
    You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
    You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

“At the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat”--Theodore Roosevelt

Boolit Grand Master

Well, I loaded up some 260gr boolits over 8gr Unique just to give it a try. Went out to the backyard and fired a shot into the backstop and across the field next to a pond in the middle a nice whitetail pops up and runs off.
    Guess it's kismet.