Load DataLee PrecisionInline FabricationReloading Everything
Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Wideners
MidSouth Shooters Supply Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just waiting on a phone call about my grandfather...

Boolit Buddy
    Sweetpea,
    Your Grandfather, you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. I hope he is as comfortable as possible in his last days. Like others have mentioned, if it were me, I would do some research into his military service. And when the time comes definitely request the military honor guard. He earned it.
    Thanks for posting and sharing the photo. Hang in there.

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates
    There is a NEW sticky in "OUR TOWN" for info on DD 214s. You might want to try a search there or contact your nearest V A office for help.

Possibly try Bruce Drake or Loves Life on where to get your grandfathers military records.

If you get lucky you might even get records with your grandfathers signature on them. Priceless possession for family keepsakes.

Good luck and we will be praying for the whole family.
    WE WON. WE BEAT THE MACHINE. WE HAVE CCW NOW.

Boolit Buddy

with all due respect--- thank you grandfather!

Boolit Master

Just got the word that they have moved him to hospice, with instructions to keep him comfortable.

Doc says 7-10 days.

Brandon
    "When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat." - Ronald Reagan

Boolit Buddy
    My prayers go out to you, your family, and your Grandfather, and also , a quiet "thank you" for the sacrifice he gave, to serve this nation in war. My father is 90 yrs. old, was in the 17th Airborne, and is still living with us. May the Lord give you a peace. God bless.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    It's a tough thing to go through. Prayers for you all.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

My Dad passed last February, aged 83 years. An aneurysm blew out in his brain, and his last words were that he wanted to go home to die. I signed the papers for hospice, they set up a bed in his living room after moving his recliner out, and he died two days later according to his wishes.

I opted out of the inheritance scrum, but nobody wanted the Taurus .38 revolver he'd bought a couple of years ago, so I wound up with it. I did the paperwork and course for an Arkansas CHL, bought a holster, and think of Dad every morning when I get dressed.

Boolit Grand Master

For over 20 years I had to bring in the "DO NOT RESUSCITATE" papers every time one of my folks entered the hospital.

Mom or Dad would always say "bring the papers" but I always felt very uncomfortable.

After mom turned 95 and was in the hospital 3 X in 7 weeks I finally saw the wisdom.

Mom passed in her own home,in her own bed,peacefully in her sleep.

If you are given that responsibility make several copies and spread them around. Yes even a copy in your wallet.

Your folk took care of you for many years and the least you can do is respect their last wish.

Boolit Grand Master

A friend had a wealthy grandmother. She had a massive stroke and was put on life support.

She NEVER said 1 word to anyone till her millions ran out about 10 years later.

Suddenly there was a power outage and before the hospital could restore power she died.

Ask yourself,if this is the way you want all of the money you have worked so hard to attain to be spent or would you rather see it passed on to your children and grand children?

Boolit Master

Got back in cell range from my muzzleloader hunt today.

Grandpa passed Thursday afternoon.

The family is at peace with this.
    "When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat." - Ronald Reagan

Moderator Emeritus

Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers Sweatpea.
    "The worst wheel of the cart makes the most noise." - Benjamin Franklin

"To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." - Thomas Jefferson