Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Lee Precision
WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataRepackbox
Snyders Jerky Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New 45 mold from Accurate

[QUOTE=melloroadman;2295233]I see that he has changed the pivot screw set up again . Must not have just been me and or my mold . Good luck I have a paper weight .Marvin[/QUOTE
    I'd love to see a pic of the paper weight and an explanation of why it is a paper weight. My guess is you won't post a pic or give a honest explanation. I do believe you will make up a story as to why you can't post a pic. I also find it very interesting that with all the offers to buy it that you still have it. I believe you are afraid there is nothing wrong so you won't sell it

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooch View Post
    Just ordered the 36-125L from Tom to replace my LEE 358-125-RF that fell apart. I opted for him to make it a flat base though. Can't wait until it arrives. I already have a couple of his molds. 1st Class!
    I prefer PB boolits myself.............why.......... I just do. I have a sneaky feeling you will enjoy the Accurate mold.

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    Quote Originally Posted by quasi View Post
    it looks like accurate uses a good thick sprue plate like H&G, and MP.
    Yes they do. I just got mine today!
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

Boolit Buddy
    Sweet looking mold. And yes Tom makes one heck of a nice thick sprue plate. I learned this week that you need to heat the sprue plate pretty good before you start casting. Then instead of needing to cool the mold once in a while, I need to cool the sprue plate. My mold would fill out great then with my alloy at 625-650f. But my cheep thermomater may be off.
    Last edited by Lights; 07-29-2013 at 07:09 PM.
    NRA Life Member
    OGC Member
    USPSA Member

When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty.
    Thomas Jefferson

The hot plate trick works great with Tom's molds

Boolit Man
    There are so many really good mold makers out there. I prefer though, to use either Mountain Molds or Accurate. They just seem really geared up to tailor a given mold to suit one's needs.

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by RobS View Post
    I prefer PB boolits myself.............why.......... I just do. I have a sneaky feeling you will enjoy the Accurate mold.
    If I were a tumble lube guy the bevel base would be fine. The bevel base has the advantage of sliding in the case easier and I like that option. But, I don't care for tumble lubing, not knocking it, just don't care for it. I have a Lyman #450 & two #45's. I do love those #45's the best! They're just so . . . mechanical!

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Jailer View Post
    How exactly can you tell he changed the pivot screw set up from the pic posted? I myself can't see the pivot screw in the pic.

Did you give Tom a chance to make things right before you bashed his product in an open forum? I had an issue with one of my Accurate molds and all it took was one email and the problem was taken care of.
    Tom stands behind his products, hands down! He's an honest guy and if something is wrong with his products he WILL make it right. What he won't do is to put up with rude customers who have made errors in their ordering.

[QUOTE=bigboredad;2321758]
    Quote Originally Posted by melloroadman View Post
    I see that he has changed the pivot screw set up again . Must not have just been me and or my mold . Good luck I have a paper weight .Marvin[/QUOTE
    I'd love to see a pic of the paper weight and an explanation of why it is a paper weight. My guess is you won't post a pic or give a honest explanation. I do believe you will make up a story as to why you can't post a pic. I also find it very interesting that with all the offers to buy it that you still have it. I believe you are afraid there is nothing wrong so you won't sell it
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...e-mold-problem

Boolit Buddy
    [QUOTE=melloroadman;2328031]Marvin, PM me and I will give you my address. Ship me the mold and I will fix it even if the threads are all messed up.

Mark
    NRA Life Member
    OGC Member
    USPSA Member

When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty.
    Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Man
    [QUOTE=Lights;2328137]
    Quote Originally Posted by melloroadman View Post

Marvin, PM me and I will give you my address. Ship me the mold and I will fix it even if the threads are all messed up.

Mark
    Melloroadman,
    Mark has made a most gracious & generous offer. Take it & put this matter to rest.
    Last edited by Pooch; 08-01-2013 at 03:25 PM. Reason: Spelling

Boolit Buddy
    Just so you know I am quaulified to fix your mold Marvin. And I am happy to do it. I have been a Toolmaker for 24yrs now. I build plastic injection, MIM and Diecast molds.

Mark
    NRA Life Member
    OGC Member
    USPSA Member

Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Buddy
    Had a small problem with my mold. sent it back to Tom and he sent me a new replacement. That's what I call customer service. Thanks Tom your molds are like a work of art.
    NRA Life Member
    OGC Member
    USPSA Member

Thomas Jefferson