Lee PrecisionLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Inline FabricationRepackboxSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Wideners
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Suggestions for annoying neighbor

Boolit Master

scare!)
    Last edited by Three-Fifty-Seven; 06-20-2020 at 11:16 AM.
    John 3: 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jcwit View Post
    That right there tells us all what a scum bag this ******* is!
    Yep!! I am sorry I stuck up for him by thinking he was like most of his generation that served honorably! I have no time or candy for people like that!
    Last edited by Dean D.; 07-15-2013 at 12:26 PM.
    Raisin' Black Angus cows, outta gas, outta money, outta tags, low on boolits, but full 'a hope on the Rocky Mountain Eastern Slope!
    Why does a man with a 7mag never panic buy? Because a man with a 7mag has no need to panic!

"If you ain't shootin', you should be reloadin' if you ain't reloadin' you should be movin', if you ain't movin', somebody's gonna come by and cut your head off and put it on a stick!" Words to fight by, from Clint Smith

Boolit Master

AHHH, now fella's, I never said I wasn't a man of means, but the way I stay that way is to be frugal except with my guns. If he had my money he'd burn his, I simply choose to live like a regular person...............but it's always there if I need it.

Oh yes! My cousin from NC is up visiting and guess what? He's never fired an AR-15! Man it is 90 degrees here right now but I don't think it will take too long to loose a few hundred rounds from two AR's................<grin>

One more thing -- the chances of ANY of our bullets hitting his house are ZERO as we shoot 90 degrees into his house into a very large hill...............can you say:

LALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALA?

Art
    ”Only accurate rifles are interesting”
    ——Townsend Whelen

In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act
    —- George Orwell

One more thing -- the chances of ANY of our bullets hitting his house are ZERO as we shoot 90 degrees into his house into a very large hill...............can you say:
    He can claim ricochet.
    Way back when the earth was cooler we setup a trap "range" on 80 acres next to our small pheasant farm. Neighbors all came to shoot periodically. One of them, across the street 170 degrees, claimed shot was hitting their roof and collecting in their gutters. Trap was in a buried shipping crate with one opening facing due South of everyone.

Oh, well.

Hope you don't have any more problems with him but I think you missed my point. If a case went to court you will be required to prove that no round ever went past your property line, in ANY direction. You are guilty until YOU prove you are innocent & 'everything is illegal until we make a law saying it is legal'. That is the reason I posted the link to the case. It started as a personal injury suit with absolutely NO evidence to support it. To get results, the city filed a suit claiming the range is not safe, using the NRA guidelines as law. If the case succeeds, I could shop a judge, point to the legal precedence ( compliance with ALL NRA guidelines) and shut down almost any outdoor range in Texas. Yea, it's just some other poor slob's problem, NOT. The downside to the city is that they would have to pay damages, condemn all residential property and change zoning for the land down range. Big $$$$. BTW, Ca law used to be that you couldn't be held criminally responsible for hitting a pedestrian outside the painted crosswalk lines. Bet that has changes with all the illiterates in the state now. Chime in anytime lawyers.
    edit: for got to add that the city's attorney didn't lie to the court in his brief, stating 'the range opened in 69 and subsequently home were built on adjacent property', however he didn't state that the land (unincorporated) ~2.5 miles from city limits were annexed and zoned 10 years later. That statement would have put the city in the wrong.
    dboseman - you are correct, big money is buying out our freedom.
    Last edited by popper; 07-15-2013 at 05:42 PM.
    Whatever!

A lot of older gun clubs are no more, due to new neighbors.

Why don't you just ask him what his problem is?? I had a neighbor like that in town, 30 feet away from my house!! He was a crotchety old goat I killed him with kindness, I use to knock the end of his Driveway out with my plow because all had was a Toro Single Stage snow blower did his sidewalks and Driveway too he mellowed after a couple seasons. Ended up not being a bad guy, passed away a couple years back. To this day I still refer to him as "The Old Fart!!" though!!
    45 ACP because shooting more than once is just silly!!

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

Boolit Master
    Art you live on a farm. You must havetree stumps that need removing. I think you can buy Detcord and dynamite. 1/2 a stick does a GOOD job of removing cherry tree stumps (domestic, tame). You may need to see sheriff and explain why you need it. If you have used it in the past you shouldn't have a problem. My father would stick a 1/2 stick a previously made hole with blasting cap and fuse attached. I would attach detcord to dynamite, bury dynamite in hole, bring detcord to surface, attach blasting cap and measured length of fuse. I didn't like the idea of tamping dynamite with blasting cap attached. Any way have fun removing stumps. Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by KCSO View Post
    Be extra NICE to him, dont start a war you can't win, be the NICE guy and it will piss him off more than anything else you can do. Have the wife bake him cookies, check on his welfare ask him if you can get him anything from town ect, it will drive him crazy. And every time the burglar alarm goes off call the sheriff and tell him you think there is something wrong at your neighbors house, you don't know but there is a loud alarm going off.
    ^^This^^ -- especially the part about calling the Sheriff when the alarm goes off ... they will put a stop to it ..... Just being a good neighbor.

Moderator Emeritus

A row of double high stacked round bales would do a lot to temper the noise. Real close to the property line. Bury some dead chicken parts in between the bales if he is mostly downwind... added bonus they attract a lot of mice even without decomposing dead chicken.

Boolit Buddy
    Put the law on your side. Everytime his "burglar alarm" goes off, call 911 and report your neighbors burgalar alarm is going off. The police will soon tire of this game and I beleive they will "encourage" him to be a better nieghbor.

Boolit Master

Where Pennsylvania, Delaware, and Maryland join.
    If the loudspeaker has not been replaced by this time it may be a sign that someone has gotten to him and shown the error of his ways. We can all hope so.
    Blacksmith

S. G. G. = Sons of the Greatest Generation. Too old to run, too proud to hide; we will stand our ground and take as many as we can with us!

Boolit Master

Respectfully Gliden07, I have done that DOZENS of times over the last five years...............

Art

Quote Originally Posted by Gliden07 View Post
    Why don't you just ask him what his problem is?? I had a neighbor like that in town, 30 feet away from my house!! He was a crotchety old goat I killed him with kindness, I use to knock the end of his Driveway out with my plow because all had was a Toro Single Stage snow blower did his sidewalks and Driveway too he mellowed after a couple seasons. Ended up not being a bad guy, passed away a couple years back. To this day I still refer to him as "The Old Fart!!" though!!
    ”Only accurate rifles are interesting”
    ——Townsend Whelen

In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act
    —- George Orwell

No pleasin all of the people all of the time and some of the people none of the time!! Sorry to hear that Tazman. Lifes to short to be that miserable!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tazman1602 View Post
    Respectfully Gliden07, I have done that DOZENS of times over the last five years...............

Art
    45 ACP because shooting more than once is just silly!!

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

Boolit Master

Love your enemies, it drives them nuts! Take the high road and relax while he stews in his frustration.

BUT, if you decide to go the other way, there are some REALLY good suggestions on here! Just keep it legal and try to avoid direct confrontation. Try not to get law enforcement involved. No good can come of that.

And since he is only there part time, maybe he will cut his visits shorter.
    Last edited by km101; 07-17-2013 at 04:28 PM.
    "with liberty and justice for all"...must be 18 or older, not available in all states, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply. D. Stanhope

"The remedy for evil men is not the abrogation of the rights of law abiding citizens. The remedy for evil men is the gallows." Thomas Jefferson

"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them." George Mason Co-author of the Second Ammemdment

Every time his alarm goes off, I would call the police and report a brake-in at you neighbors, since it is his alarm. The police will respond once or twice, then start charging him for the false alarms. ( this got so expensive for my neighbor , he shut the thing off!)

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by RPRNY View Post
    Right now, you're the aggrieved party and enjoy everyone's sympathy accordingly. If you start trying to annoy him, that sentiment will change in the blink on an eye. The tune will change to "can you believe that thug is picking on the old couple?" I can guaranty anything you do to purposely annoy him will change sentiment against you. Right now he's curmudgeonly Walter Mathau guy and when he takes the next step without you having responded/ escalated, family or the law will intervene with him. If you escalate, the whole thing changes.

You are within reason to want to respond, but doing so would be a bad idea. Let him be hoist on his own petard.
    Absolutely agree with your post and the others that have the same advice. DO NOT ANTAGONIZE THE SITUATION. This can escalate out of control and you may end up regretting the outcome.
    Seek legal advice. Speak with an attorney and consider a civil suit, if you can prove that what he is doing is egregious and harms you in some way. If you can't prove that what he is doing somehow harms you, then suck it up and drive on.

The "suck it up" part sounds like I'm being an donkey, but if you can simply live with it, then let him play his games and maybe he'll get bored. Continue to file complaints as necessary, but don't resort to stupid retaliation.

Boolit Buddy
    well it does rain fill that speaker with water when it does.
    also good idea from others call cops everytime it goes off .
    and yes everytime you see him be so nice its sickining.
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
    H. L. Mencken (1880-1956)

Boolit Master
    Tazman1602, I think the next step is to organize a Weekend Schützenfest for all the Michigan Castboolits members! I think there are enough of us to make a fine showing for a day or two! And then you can invite your neighbor to the barbeque later!
    My hero's have always been Cowboys!

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by John 242 View Post
    Seek legal advice. Speak with an attorney and consider a civil suit, if you can prove that what he is doing is egregious and harms you in some way. If you can't prove that what he is doing somehow harms you, then suck it up and drive on.
    Don't get lawyers involved unless you are wanting to find out which one of you can run out of money the first.
    NATURAL BORN CITIZEN = offspring of TWO US citizens
    Just because they are constantly playing the Race Card, it doesn't mean that we should allow them to get away with raping our Constitution.

Most problems in life can be solved with sufficient quantities of high explosives -- or with penicillin.

More about me