Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionWideners
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxSnyders Jerky
Load Data
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lessons I've learned from vegetable soup.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by btroj View Post
    That was one of the wisest posts I have ever read. I wish everyone would learn fom that vegetable soup, sadly many seem to prefer tomato.
    This said it better than I could put into words...

Brandon
    "When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat." - Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master
    Great soup Keith, hoping the surgery is successful.
    Paul G.
    Once I was young, now I am old and in between went by way to fast.

The end move in politics is always to pick up a gun.
    -- R. Buckminster Fuller

Boolit Master
    My best wishes for a complete and speedy recovery.
    jim

Boolit Master

Professor: I want to join the others and say I will be praying for a total, quick recovery from your surgery. I know that is a painful thing so I will also ask for pain free time during the process. I also want to say that you have given us "food for thought" and every bit as good as the soup you so eloquently spoke about. Thank you for your insight into human behavior, both good and bad. You are one of the good ones. Keep up the good work.
    Mark 5:34 And He said to her (Jesus speaking), "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace and be healed of your affliction."

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by theperfessor View Post
    I love this site, but I have noticed with regret that as the number of members grows we seem to get more and more people here that do very little to support the site or advance the art of bullet casting. They seem to regard this site primarily as a place to argue politics.
    *sigh* Agree 100%. Our town has turned into a city.

Wishing and praying for the best in your surgery and recovery.

Boolit Master

I will pray for your speedy recovery as well. I know all about back pain and hope you can find some relief. I too look forward to reading your post and hope you will be back to posting, casting and shooting soon.

Best wishes,

Joe
    WWG1WGA

Tyrants use the force of the people to chain and subjugate-that is, enyoke the people. They then plough with them as men do with oxen yoked. Thus the spirit of liberty and innovation is reduced by bayonets, and principles are struck dumb by cannon shot: Albert Pike, Morals and Dogma

Boolit Master

Kieth I have been meaning to set up a meet with you as I find your posts meaningful. 30 some miles is a distance though but mainly stingy with time. Prayers for the surgry and prayers for reason.
    Alan
    Don't buy nuthing you can't take home

Joel 3:10

Boolit Buddy
    That sounds like the soup my one of my grandmas used to make...made me think and miss her. Being a relative noob I'd like to say thank you to you and the other "old timers" of this art and site. This is the first place (internet or "real life) where people share their experience and expertise willingly. And, it is sad when an arze-hat comes and destroys or attempts to drive knowers away. For being the bigger person...thanks. Gods speed Sir!
    Domari Nolo

Boolit Grand Master

Keith,

Well said. I have pretty strong political views, but rarely spend much time on
    it on this forum. As you said, this is about casting boolits. I have learned a LOT
    here and try to pass it on when I can.

It is very unfortunate that the current inner city culture is so intent on glorifying
    violence and so anti-family. The results, regardless of race, are hideous and has to be
    improved. I have had several black co-workers that I know or knew well enought to
    really respect their intellects and personalities, the idea that all members of any sort
    of a group are good or bad is clearly at odds with reality. It is sad to see so many in
    that community failing to live up to their potential. I would say that my two favorite
    essayists on the scene are Thomas Sowell and Walter Williams, both black economics
    professors who are brilliant.

I will say a prayer for your surgery to go as well as is possible. Take care of yourself.

Bill
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Moderator Emeritus

Good luck on th eback surgery! I had a lumbar decompression 3 years ago where they removed bone spurs from L4, l5, s1. Plus some disc fragments. Do the PT and if the doc says walk as much as you can do so.

Boolit Master
    [QUOTE=Olevern;2306711]

Quote Originally Posted by theperfessor View Post

I love this site..... But some people are just trolls, bomb throwers and drive by shooters, whose words advance nothing but hatred.
    QUOTE]

Unfortunate, but true, even here. I have learned to say little here and consider everything I might say through the lens of "is this really important to say and is it worth exposing myself to the retorts of small minded, inconsiderate, rude and insensitive members" A shame, but it is what it is.

Wishing you well in your medical procedure.
    If it needs saying---say it---if somebody don't like it---tough!! Racists and bigots are broken folk who will die alone and unloved! While they are here I just ignore them. Those who are here to contribute and learn far outweigh the trolls. (QUOTE)

[QUOTE=blackthorn;2306733][QUOTE=Olevern;2306711]

If it needs saying---say it---if somebody don't like it---tough!! Racists and bigots are broken folk who will die alone and unloved! While they are here I just ignore them. Those who are here to contribute and learn far outweigh the trolls.

Actually, I think I prefer to remain a lurker; it's not much different than choosing not to go to bars; because of the type of people who frequent them eventually I would have placed myself in a situation where someone would insult my character, something I don't take lightly and would then respond in a way which can only mean trouble and aggravation. I would rather just avoid the aggravation by not placing myself in places where such encounters are likely.

Jim, a poster here and a friend of mine, recently posted some research data the compilation of which took considerable time and expenditure of precious lead, primers and powder. He did not post to brag about his results, just to share with the board "these are the parameters of my testing and here are the results". A member immediately berated and insulted his groups, stating in effect "I can do much better than that". Rude, inconsiderate, insulting and completely unnecessary. Jim, being a better man than I, chose to just ignore the poster.

I completely dropped off the board recently after a contentious thread when I posed trying to warn members of the unethical business practices of a particular internet business. I was attacked and called all sorts of names and my character called into question (search third generation shooting supply). I simply don't need this kind of aggravation in my life, therefore, I choose to "lurk" and severely limit my posting. If I have a comment to any of the many members I have come to respect here, I will do so not in the public forum but in PM.

Just my way of limiting the drama in my life.

vern
    Last edited by Olevern; 07-17-2013 at 09:30 AM.
    "The trick is to stop thinking of it as 'your' money" (Tax Auditor)

Life is not waiting for the storm to subside, life is about learning to dance in the rain.

Boolit Master

Where Pennsylvania, Delaware, and Maryland join.
    Keith

Remember homemade soup is always better on the second day. It helps to let the flavors soak in. I am certain your surgery will go well and you concentrate on positive thoughts for rapid healing so you can get back to teaching those students of yours.

I am looking forward to what new ideas you come up with while you have a little time on your hands.
    Blacksmith

S. G. G. = Sons of the Greatest Generation. Too old to run, too proud to hide; we will stand our ground and take as many as we can with us!

Boolit Grand Master

A good thread! Well thought out!
    1Shirt!
    "Common Sense Is An Uncommon Virtue" Ben Franklin

"Ve got too soon old and too late smart" Pa.Dutch Saying

Thought you were going to talk about the old 'alphabet soup' by the title. Minestrone - the original Italian veggy soup, from what my friend's mom told us. The pot was never empty, just add & subtract. Much like Mongolian cooking, the precursor to the fondue pot, cook meat, veggies, everything. Grandmas are always the best cooks.
    It is a forum, information, humor & opinions. For undereducated people like me, we have the back button.
    Whatever!

Boolit Grand Master

Good evening
    I will also pray for your recovery. I have been blessed with health and a good functioning body. Wish I could give you a chunk.
    Purple onions ! I do not know what 8000 feet and this volcanic soil does but our purple onions are so sweet they make some apples I have ate undesirable. I have them inserted in everything I can. May your days of eating vegatable soup be multiplied. May the small minds drift away with the dirt they lift up.
    Mike in Peru
    "Behold The Lamb of God that taketh away the sin of the world". John 1:29
    Male Guanaco out in dry lakebed at 10,800 feet south of Arequipa.

Boolit Mold
    As new member of this forum and new too casting my own, I appreciate your wisdom and advice on topics and threads I have been reading and studying. I don't say much on here, just read and learn. As I will have many questions shortly.
    But I will Pray to the Man upstairs that you have a speedy recovery and hope to read more of your post later.

Boolit Grand Master

Congratulations, Keith, I think you wrote a stickie! It is amazing how much we can learn from simple things if we are able to put ourselves aside and pay attention to details and others.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    A wonderful essay, straight from the heart. Thank you for posting it.

Prayers for a successful surgery and recovery.

Your story reminds me of my Mom telling me how Dad proposed during the Depression, when times were tough and Dad spent much off his time tending a garden when not cutting firewood to sell.

He asked, "How do you make vegetable soup?"

Soup from the family garden was a staple when I was growing up. Much as you described it.

Thanks for the memory!

Boolit Master
    Get well soon Keith!
    Thought about you the other day.
    I have a WFN 44 mold, the cartridges wouldn't
    seat all the way in the cylinders of 3 different
    guns. Have to size the nose first with a 429
    die, then size the lands with a 432.
    Sure glad to have your die nut wrench!

"Pain is just God's way of scaring us."...unknown.

Boolit Master

Keith, your post was as well made and carefully crafted as your machine work. You are in my prayers for a successful outcome of your surgery! Be well and hope to hear from you soon.
    Tim