Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
RepackboxLoad DataRotoMetals2Wideners
Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who's got Fireworks?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mroliver77 View Post
    Yep, we always went to Indiana for fireworks and Mich for alkyhol when much younger. I even got my wife from Mich!
    J
    J
    Comin up here and stealin our womens....not fair man I hope you enjoy your little slice of Miss Michigan as much as I enjoy mine..... cheers.

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates
    Living just a couple miles from lots of fireworks across the border in Indiana sounds like it would be easy to get some.

WRONG

Unmarked state cars sitting in the fireworks parking lot copy and forward your plate # to their buddies hiding in Illinois. Cross the border and all the pretty lites are now in your mirror.

Yes I know many side and back roads but I like others here would rather spend my money on goodies I can load myself.
    WE WON. WE BEAT THE MACHINE. WE HAVE CCW NOW.

Boolit Master

Those Sparklers can be made into a large noisemaker pretty easy.
    Never messed with stuff like that, but it wouldn't surprise me because of a story a friend told me some years ago.

He has acreage out of town and his boys were out shooting their BB guns. The story goes that they had some sparklers of some kind and they decided they were going to turn their pump-up BB gun into a "muzzle loader". They crumbled up the powder from the sparklers and packed it into the barrel of the BB gun, put a BB in the end, pumped it up good and pulled the trigger.

He was in the house a ways away and looked out when he heard the boom. He saw them way down at the end of the driveway with a gun, and got upset that they had taken a shotgun out to shoot without permission. He went out and found one of his sons holding a completely ruined BB gun with the barrel ruptured. Apparently the 20 or 30 pumps of the BB gun generated enough pressure, heat, or friction to set off whatever gunpowder or powdered metal sparklers are made of. I guess he wasn't hurt, but pretty startled.

I had a buddy who bought a container of fireworks a few years ago. I said I'll take a $100 worth, I still have some left after shooting some last night! I got two cases of Roman Candles, a case of mortars, a case of some things that swirl around a pop, cases of all kinds of stuff for $100. The mark up on fireworks has to be 500% or more.

In Remembrance
    I have known several people over the years that owned and run fireworks stands a couple of weeks a couple times a year, I would say your 500% claim is probably conservative.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Back when I was a kid, people would drive down into Missouri to buy fireworks, and bring back home. That was when there were real cherry bombs, M-80's, and Black Cats. Pretty much every year you would hear of a car or two getting blown to pieces, along with the occupants. No doubt many were drinking beer on the trip, and of course couldn't resist tossing firecrackers out the windows as they drove. Of course there was always that one stray firecracker that blew back into the car, and into the big box o' bangers.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Banned

as short as im getting on powder id probably be temped to cut them apart and try to use it for my guns. Red and green sparks flying out of the barrel would probably be cool anyway