RepackboxWidenersInline FabricationLee Precision
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Load Data Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My revolver needs to go back to Ruger

Boolit Grand Master

Not surprised. They think in terms of jbullets, not interested in Pb.
    I have a convertible that was like that, but no constriction, so I reamed and
    polished the throats to .453. Much better.

Bill
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Boolit Grand Master

I had the base pin backing out on an old model BH 44, Belt Mtn pin solved the issue in short order.

Rick
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member
    CRPA Life Member

I had a fantastic experience with Ruger service.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...ackhawk+Hunter

I received the revolver with a new cylinder and all new internals.

You should have no problem getting this resolved.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jmortimer View Post
    "As for the Belt Mountain base pins, I'm sure they operate as indicated by those fortunate enough to actually receive them."

Order direct - it will come and worth it

http://www.beltmountain.com/ruger.htm
    Thanks for that info, J.M. These weren't for me, I was trying to get them for other folks and got no love whatsoever. I've not had this anomaly occur with any of my Rugers, Colts, or Colt clones with the SAA-type base pins. Yet, anyway.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Banned

Sorry for misunderstanding. I still like the "upgrade" to Belt Mountain even if everything has been working as intended.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jmortimer View Post
    Sorry for misunderstanding. I still like the "upgrade" to Belt Mountain even if everything has been working as intended.
    Be aware some need fit to the cylinder hole. You do not want them real tight.

Boolit Mold

Thumbs up

I had a Ruger SRH in 454 with a cylinder that would sieze brass whenever I fired 300 gr loads (the only disappointment I've ever had from ruger) I finally sent it back to them and they sent me a new revolver. I have heard about their customer service before, but you can't believe it til it happens to you.

Generous Donator
    Quote Originally Posted by pietro View Post

I never bothered with Ruger, and just bought/installed a locking Belt Mountain base pin, which resolved the issue forever.

I did that as well. No more problems.

Boolit Grand Master
    Skipping Ruger with a new revolver that won't function properly out of the box and paying out of your pocket for parts to correct the problem is one way of looking at this.........

Another is, Ruger should have boxed a revolver and shipped it that WORKED PROPERLY. I paid over $500 for a " single shot revolver "......Nope, I'm planning on letting Ruger work with this one until it is RIGHT. In my eye, it is the RIGHT thing for Ruger to do.

In defense of Ruger, the people that I talked with at Ruger were anxious to get the revolver back and determine the exact nature of the problem and correct it.

Ben

Boolit Grand Master

I have had a dozen Blackhawks in everything from stock 357 Mag to Super Blackhawk Hunter to a couple of 41 Mags (boy I wish I had them back) to 44 Mags and have never had a problem with them. The used 45LC I just bought looks like it has had thousands of rounds through it but is still tight and shoots fine. Sometimes things slip through even with the best manu's. It happens, it sucks but it happens. Ruger is famous for it's customer service. I am sure they will treat you right
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Grand Master
    jonp

I have zero doubt that I'll get treated right.

If this situation were with another revolver manufacturer that I can think of right now, I wouldn't have too much confidence in a good outcome to all this.

Ruger will fix it, no doubt.