Load DataLee PrecisionRepackboxRotoMetals2
Titan ReloadingWidenersSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline Fabrication Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: to tang sight or not tang sight.

I have both tang and receiver sights. For whatever reason, I prefer tang sights on rifles with long barrels and peeps on carbines. So, the 24" Rossi wears a Taurus tang while the 18" Winchester 94 has the peep. Just the way it should be...

Boolit Mold
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	marlblesSight.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	57.9 KB 
ID:	68301 Don't buy the new marbles sight. Hunt around and fine an original. You will spend a few dollars more and be much more satisfied. The new Marlbles sights are junk. I own one and will never buy another.

Boolit Master
    I automatically install tang sights on every lever gun that falls into my hands (usually Savage 1899's), and remove the barrel sights. I like them for all the reasons mentioned above. Windage adjustable tang sights such as the Lyman 30½ for Savages, and the Lyman 103, are wonderful but pricey- so I save my nickels until I can afford one.

There's no reason to bemoan their use in low light, an extra aperture or two in the pocket with which to adapt to changing light conditions is simple and cheap. A Merit disc with variable iris is even simpler (but admittedly pricier).

Boolit Master
    Glad to read the posts, been trying hard to decide on tang or reciever for my 43 94 30wcf. The reciever is not drilled for sights and i just cannot bring myself to do it yet. I am thinking tang and when i do wear the perfect blueing off from shooting it all the time then maybe reciever. Something has to give, eyes arent as sharp as when i wore a younger mans clothes.