Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Repackbox
Snyders JerkyWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Load Data Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who'd have cats?

Who'd have cats?

Trying to do the club newsletter is hard when a 8lb fluffy lump is lying your typing hand.

I think Frodo is settling in OK.
    Thermal underwear style guru.
    "Exclusive international distributor of Jeff Brown Hunt Club clothing."
    Supplier to the rich(?) and infamous.

Cheers from New Zealand

Jeff.

Boolit Buddy
    Yep we gotta problem like that here. One four footed-fat-furry-feline that unfortunatly thinks she owns this house!

But yah would'nt swap em for quids

Boolit Man
    Yep! Now multiply that by five and you're at my house. I can't complain. They are good little friends.

Boolit Master
    I got two if anyone needs another!

Boolit Grand Master

Who'd have cats?

Probably not a good idea, the dog has enough chew toys.

Rick
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member
    CRPA Life Member

Boolit Master & Generous Contributor

I stay at an RV Park here in Houston. We are over run with feral cats. I've started trapping them in a live trap and giving them to a buddy who releases them at his barn out in the country. If someone wants a Kat, PM me. I'll hook you up. I like kats myself as long as they are kept up.
    Every once in a while, I catch one that appears to be half way friendly. One of the last ones I captured was an old tom. He was mean as a snake. His ears were all chewed up and he had scars over the top of his head.
    If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.
    Samuel Adams

Sam

Boolit Master
    What is a typing hand, do I need one and where can I get it?

I know all about the cats at my house I have three and Queen Jasmine is looking to change her title to Dictator Jasmine with the way she demands attention. She is next to me now and Precious is laying at my feet on here back with her large belly showing.

Boolit Master
    we have nine in the house. feeding 5 more out side. we thought we were up on getting them fixed. but then some one droped off a pregnet one she had her kittens we have not found them yet.

thats the problem with a small farm. every one drops their unwanted cats.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by cat223 View Post
    Yep! Now multiply that by five and you're at my house. I can't complain. They are good little friends.

Five? I have sixteen!

No I am not related to the crazy cat lady I live on a farm here in Tn and most of these were abandoned on an old logging road not far from here. They have all been "fixed" so they do not multiply and all get basic shots and flea/worm medicine, they have room to romp and not at all are they problem and in fact the only time it's obvious how many we have is at feeding time. Most are just mixed breed but we have 4 Himalayans, a Siamese and an Abyssinian, the Abby and a white flame point Himalayan are indoor cats. I was never much of a cat person until we got our first one for our daughter and it snowballed from there, it was a learning experience more than anything else and we quickly learned the darn things have a way of taking over! We did not set out to accumulate so many and have managed to find homes for some of them but some are older and/or not so attractive so no one wants them, I guess it all boils down to the question of how does a person say no to a hungry abandoned kitten?

Our latest addition is a VERY lovable longhair Calico that some IDIOT abandoned out in the boonies near our farm, she has a broken leg that had long since healed but left her crippled and unable to use it, she obviously could not hunt and was little more than skin and bones when she made her way up the hill to our place. It was all I could do to hold back tears when I first saw her condition after she came hopping into our yard on three legs when she heard us calling our cats to feed. I was not sure she would survive at first, her health had deteriorated badly and her eyes wet and matted which can be a sign of serious disease but it apparently was only due to her undernourished condition. Her eyes are now dry and bright and she eats like a little pig! She has gained a lot of weight and the vet says the leg should not be causing any pain, she gets around just fine on three legs and has taken up residence on our enclosed porch where she will be safe and she happily greets anyone who comes to the door where she DEMANDS attention!

It may be a bad thing to say but I hope that idiot who dumped her breaks their own leg and if I knew who it was I would be tempted to help such an accident occur!

Boolit Grand Master

Good morning
    Here in Peru several cities have Festivals of the Cat. Starting on Friday through Sunday cat cooked in numerous forms is served. Biggest I have heard of is in northern Peru. About 50,000 people attend. It may have all started as a means to "eliminate" ferul cats. But it seems to keep the local population in check.
    The village I go to on Tuesdays they eat whatever dies. Cat is OK. Dog far better. Burro and mule are real treats.
    Mike in Peru
    "Behold The Lamb of God that taketh away the sin of the world". John 1:29
    Male Guanaco out in dry lakebed at 10,800 feet south of Arequipa.

Boolit Buddy
    Dogs think they are human--cats think they are God!

Boolit Buddy Nocturnal Stumblebutt's Avatar
    I have 3, I love them all, just keep an eye on them when sorting brass or priming cases, I recently bumped my elbow while putting primers in my auto-prime, all 100 primers hit the tile floor and immediately the cats descended to play a game of primer hockey, I chased them off and spent the next half-hour on my hands and knees with tweezers picking up primers, but I found them all.

Boolit Master

Well there is the pretty much proven fact that the ancient Egyptians treated their cats as gods and it's also quite obvious that cats have not forgotten that!

Boolit Master

Excellent Jeff!

One of the first pets added to the retirement house this summer will be a rescue cat as well. As much as I love our Lab and tolerate the wife's ****zhu, I actually prefer cats.

Bruce
    I Cast my Boolits, Therefore I am Happy.
    Bona Fide member of the Jeff Brown Hunt Club

I don't care for cats but my pitbulls and chows love them.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Man View Post
    LMAO! The only cat allowed to live around my Pit is his best friend , my wife's cat lol !

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Man View Post
    Somebody git a rope!!

Banned

my boxer pitbull mix loves our 2 cats, They all sleep together at the foot of the bed.

Abdy

Boolit Master
    Cool Video of Cat and Pit bull.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKsXVctYy40

Boolit Master

Dogs have masters. Cats have staff.