Load DataInline FabricationLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Snyders JerkyWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Repackbox
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Seller's Remorse

Boolit Master
    For everyone I ever sold, includes a Mod. 29, 6.5", comped Colt series 70 in 38 Super, comped Colt Combat Commander in 45 ACP, several S&W Mod 17s, S&W mod. 19, etc. etc. Depressing subject, not to mention the stolen ones.
    How's that hope and change working for you?

Boolit Master
    A few are...Ruger Speed Six, Ruger #1, S&W Model 41, a model 24 S&W and a Persian Mauser.

I'm working on replacing them. So far I have another S&W 24. I also picked up another Savage Model 24 early combo with the side selector. That one I gave to my younger brother Tim in 1972. I did not find it in his possessions after he passed in 2008. Whereabouts unknown.
    Last edited by wallenba; 04-12-2013 at 11:25 AM.
    Dutch

"The future ain't what it used to be".
    -Yogi Berra.

Boolit Master
    I sold a Pedersoli side-by-side double barreled,hammer rifle in 45-70, complete with fitted hard-case when I thought I needed a new Dirt-bike more. Still regret selling it.
    "The trick is to stop thinking of it as 'your' money" (Tax Auditor)

Life is not waiting for the storm to subside, life is about learning to dance in the rain.

Boolit Master

Sold a Remington 788 in 222, I glass bedded it with a Timney trigger. It shot 1 hole all day long with hornady 55gr SX and 19.3gr of 4198. Tim

Boolit Grand Master
    I regret all the firearms I've sold over the years........Except one.
    Remington Viper.
    It's the only firearm I'm glad is gone.

Boolit Master
    Yes, I have regretted selling some guns that I sold.

I went through a nasty divorce in '89-90 and had to sell quite a few guns.
    Things like a Sako L579 in .243 that was capable of one-hole groups at 100 yards.
    A custom Remington 700 in .30/06 with the nicest stock I ever saw on a rifle.
    A Browning 500A autoloader in 12gauge.
    A stainless Ruger Super RedHawk in .44Mag with a 9-1/2"barrel and a 2x scope that I had used to kill my first handgun whitetail.

A Remington 870 12gauge that I never even got a chance to shoot.
    A Remington 760 in .30/06 that I used to kill over 50 whitetail deer. I still haven't (after 20 years) been able to get my current 760 to shoot near as well as that one did.

An Ithaca M37 12gauge that was responsible for more dead ringneck pheasants than I can count.
    A springfield Armory 1911A1 in .45ACP that was destined to be a race gun. I was still shooting competitively back then.

I still miss all of them even though I have many other guns.

Boolit Master
    A 4 inch Colt Python made good money but I wish I had it back now.

PSL......... Sigh.
    I believe you...but my Tommy gun don't.

Boolit Master
    I've had several that I wish I'd never sold. Those are: Ruger Blackhawk .357 Magnum 7 1/2" barrel, Ruger Stainless Steel Ruger Blackhawk in convertable .45LC and .45 acp cylinders, 7 1/2" bbl., Winchester .30/30 lever action and a Marlin .30/30 lever action w/microgroove bbl. If I can recall the Rugers were really a 6 3/4" bbl. I think. Too far back to remember. BC
    Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father but by me."

I don't regret any of the guns I've sold. I made the decision and sold them for the same reason every time (to fund a gun I wanted more) and nothing has changed since I made that decision. Many have come and gone, the ones I currently have now are the ones that I like best. Should they fall out of favor or not see use they will move on down the road and another will take their place. I have a couple with sentimental value (father's 870 and my first rifle) that I will never sell, they will be passed to my children upon my departure for the great hunting lodge in the sky.

Boolit Master
    Gold Cup
    S&W model 28
    Winchester 75
    Colt HBAR
    S&W 586
    Liberty model 357 blackhawk
    Nice Spanish double 12 (Laurona, I think)

I'm sure I'll think of more later.
    NRA Endowment Member

Armed people don't march into gas chambers.

Boolit Master
    I bought a 1911 thru the DCM in 1961 and it was in excellent condition and it was a Colt. I was young and stupid and without thinking I traded it off. My next most regretfull sale was a 1979 Sharps Borchardt made for the South Caralina Natl Guard. It was also in excellent condition with a mint bore. I don't even want to mention all the Lugers and Colt single actions that I have sold.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

Boolit Master
    A 243 BLR. I wasn't shooting it much in Ohio. Traded for a shotgun that didn't shoot well for me. Gave it to my son to trade for a rifle he still has so it wasn't a complete waste, but I wish I'd just kept it.
    Paul

Boolit Buddy

My first hunting rifle for one, a post 64 winchester featherweight in 270 winchester.Other than that everything I have ever sold.That one hurts the most

Boolit Master
    I had a tube fed version of a Rem 5mm mag. Got rid of it when I got down to my last box of ammo and the ammo was really high when you could find it. Wish I had that one back, other than that no regrets on the very few I have sent down the road.

Boolit Grand Master

Finally thought of one. Sold an HK94 with HK removeable scope mount for $500 in 1987. Didn't have any use for it, hated chasing the brass. Spent the money on a T/C Contender rec'ver, two barrels and a couple of scopes. Still have the T/C stuff but kicked myself pretty hard for getting rid of it that year, IIRC it was going for $3500 after the ban.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Grand Master

The only guns I ever sold wont ever be missed. It was a blessing to be rid of them. I got tired of trying to nurse a group out of them. All were well used and abused.

The only two that I regretted relinquishing of my own volition were a Colt Combat Commander that rivaled my Gold Cup for accuracy and a never-issued USGI M1 Carbine (Winchester, IIRC) that was absolutely pristine when I bought it.

The ones that really chap my butt are some of the ones that were stolen in a break-in at my parent's house many years ago -- the 20ga single shot (Remington, maybe?) that my Grandfather bought for me when I was 8 and taught me to hunt with, a vintage muzzleloading shotgun that was my Grandfather's and in very good condition (I fired it several times with Grandpa when I was kid and it was still in working condition when it was stolen -- what the hell did they want with that?), a Winchester Model 94 commemorative that I took my first deer with, a virtually brand new (I think I had maybe one box of shells through it) Weatherby Mk. V in .300 Weatherby, and a really nice Weatherby XXII .22 that was my go-to squirrel gun. There were a couple of others taken of no real consequence to me (a couple of junky shotguns and an Iver Johnson .22 pistol that couldn't hit the side of a barn even when shooting from inside it).

I kinda regret the ones that I traded, but at least I did it of my own accord and a did get a couple of nice guns in trade. I am really bitter about the ones lost in the robbery, though.

Boolit Master
    I thought I would revive this baby since I am feeling ashamed about selling an 8" Python to buy my wife a Mustang.

Here are a few that hurt and are hurting even more recently for some reason

Python
    Colt MKIII
    Colt SP1
    Unertl 14x
    450 marlin BFR
    Lahti 9mm
    and for some reason a plain ol' CETME

Boolit Buddy
    I regret having bought that auto5belg Browning (archer) duckgun at a gu show. And selling it before I left the same show. I never have had another chance to shoot a 38" barrel Browning since.