Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Load DataRepackboxWidenersRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maybe things are getting better...

Love Life

Maybe things are getting better...

I ordered a Dillon Super 1050 on April 3rd. I just got a Fedex shipping notice that a 57 lb package is headed to my house. Maybe things are finally starting to catch up. Oh and I wanted to brag about the 1050 a little as well!!

Boolit Buddy

Love Life
    Hehehe

Knowing my luck they will have accidently sent me a refurbished RL 1050 and I'll lose my mind. Like when they sent me a set of 38 special/357 magnum dies instead of 45 acp dies. Of course that was years ago during the 2008 shortage...

My 308 dies better be with it...

I feel with the hi $$$ presses supply has caught up to demand, I'll bet there still way behind with the 550.

That 1050 is one sweet press enjoy....

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Love Life View Post
    I ordered a Dillon Super 1050 on April 3rd. I just got a Fedex shipping notice that a 57 lb package is headed to my house. Maybe things are finally starting to catch up. Oh and I wanted to brag about the 1050 a little as well!!
    Yep, I reloaded a bunch of 45 ACP on my 1050 this morning. I also have one set up for 9mm. I love those machines. It cost a chunk of change to get them, but I since I have recovered from the sticker shock, I am very glad I purchased them.

Congrats to you Love Life on making a really good investment. Let us know how you make out with it!
    Last edited by Roundnoser; 04-08-2013 at 09:11 PM. Reason: spelling
    Jon

Boolit Master
    Congrats LL !

I'm in the same boat as Roundnoser. These things have a way of multiplying.

Watch out!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails twin1050s.jpg  
    TEAM HOLLYWOOD

NRA- LIFE TSRA-LIFE SASS-LIFE

Love Life
    Oh my!! Numerous 1050s to play with? Ya'll probably rival the smaller ammo companies in output!!

Boolit Buddy
    now ya just need a auto drive and you will be cranking out cases by the thousand

Love Life
    Oh lawdy not the auto drive!!!

Boolit Master

They may be caught up on the big ticket items, such as presses, but I still don't see primers, powder, cases, etc. that are required to make use of them appearing. The local gun shops don't have any more stock than they did a month ago, and don't know when they will.

Glad you got your press in record time, and I hope you enjoy it! But I really don't see that as a sign that the over-all picture has improved. Too many things are still out-of-stock to declare the shortages over.
    "with liberty and justice for all"...must be 18 or older, not available in all states, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply. D. Stanhope

"The remedy for evil men is not the abrogation of the rights of law abiding citizens. The remedy for evil men is the gallows." Thomas Jefferson

"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them." George Mason Co-author of the Second Ammemdment

Boolit Master

Well I am glad you got it in good time without the wait , as for shortages there seems to be some stuff trickling in , but not enough to get everything one would want at one stop, hopefully it continues to get better and all the proposed legislation falls by the wayside .

Boolit Master

Man those 1050's are sweet machines, But for me the old 550 works for now. Good luck with the press and the sore elbows from working the handle.

Boolit Master
    Ohio- Painesville and Cleveland and Port Clinton.
    I don't see things getting caught up at all. I see the shortages deepening and broadening. Even musket caps and Berdan primers are now gone. People are buying anything and everything. The only reason you got your press so fast is it is a high dollar item that many new reloaders/hoarders will ignore in favor of cheaper offerings.

Love Life
    The blue beast is here and it is awesome.

Banned

Is there any better press? I don't think so. Good for you.

Boolit Man
    I not only cannot afford a 1050 but worse than that the efficiency of the thing. I'll just keep plodding along with my two 550's so I can afford the components that it takes to operate them. What..... me jealous?

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates
    Seeing those presses reminded me of a man and the photos of his reloading ROOM that he posted at Savage Shooters several years ago. Dillon was everywhere in that structure. A 650 or better for EVERY CALIBER he shot. There was a restored CJ7 for changing targets on his 1K range. The jeep was LOST in the background of his photos of the reloading room.

Can you say a BLUE ROOM.
    WE WON. WE BEAT THE MACHINE. WE HAVE CCW NOW.

Love Life
    I am working a ridonkulous amount of 308 brass. The 1050 is the only way to meet demand for prepped brass. I find it funny because at the end of all of this I will load a lifetime supply of 308 ammo in an hour and probably never touch the 1050 again!!

I already have the RL550 and it is my go to reloading press. The 1050 is for business.

Banned

That is not a bad thing as it will always have significant value and even more so when the dollar sinks to its real value.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntducks View Post
    I feel with the hi $$$ presses supply has caught up to demand, I'll bet there still way behind with the 550.

That 1050 is one sweet press enjoy....
    I was in Jay's Sporting Goods in Clair MI yesterday and they had 8 550's.