Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Wideners
Titan ReloadingRepackboxSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
Load Data Inline Fabrication
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: I think the Gougers are getting edgey...

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Barrett View Post
    I do buy some of my groceries at an auction (We buy a hog about every 6 or 8 months and I butcher it myself)
    If the Post Office is a stand alone company, why is the Government covering their deficit?
    Because that is the way the government is allowing them to operate. Called rules and regulations, just as with the auro industry, the meat packing industry, the firearms industry, etc., etc.

BTW, buying a hog at auction is a bit of a streatch of calling buying your groceries at an auction, but you may feel that way if you wish.

Buying groceries at auction is buying loaves of bread, canned vegies, product, etc., etc. Thats buying groceries.

Or do you go to the public auction house once to bid on items similar to the above?

BTW, be watching for the increase in gas pricing because of federal regulations.
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates
    In case you doubt the P O is a GOV entity remember that your community police can NOT issue a violation to a P O vehicle or its driver.

As far as gas prices go check back and listen to his speeches AFTER his first election. "Your utility bills WILL double. Gas will be $6.00 per gallon."

There were so many things he promised and did not deliver on,so many things he did that WE did not approve etc but none of them were mentioned as a challenge in his second election.

I have seen presidential elections for over 60 years and NEVER saw one that was handed to a candidate on a GOLDEN PLATTER like the last election or 2.
    WE WON. WE BEAT THE MACHINE. WE HAVE CCW NOW.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Water Bill View Post
    In case you doubt the P O is a GOV entity remember that your community police can NOT issue a violation to a P O vehicle or its driver.
    Well according to this

http://usgovinfo.about.com/od/consum.../uspsabout.htm

And this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...Postal_Service

it is and it isn't.

Sooooooooooooooooo, now we only need to define whatever is is, I guess it is what it is however.

Regarding the price of gas, I see after all these years and now a lower consumption of gas we now must get the sulfur out of the gas, thus increasing the cost.

Boolit Master

As far as gas prices go check back and listen to his speeches AFTER his first election. "Your utility bills WILL double. Gas will be $6.00 per gallon."

There were so many things he promised and did not deliver on,so many things he did that WE did not approve etc but none of them were mentioned as a challenge in his second election.

I have seen presidential elections for over 60 years and NEVER saw one that was handed to a candidate on a GOLDEN PLATTER like the last election or 2.
    Sort of makes you wonder if our "friends" really want some of this legislation in place but don't have the guts to do it themselves don't it??? It is interesting to note that when Government changes bad legislation seldom gets thrown out AND if it does it is never the whole lot, just a part of it so that we get stuck with what is left!
    R.D.M.

Boolit Master
    I have no argument about the PO being a gov entity, but this is not true. The USPS cannot be ticketed and cannot be compelled to pay a fine, but an individual driver is another matter. Direct from the PO own safety manual-

B. Civil Laws
     You must obey all state and local traffic laws when
    driving any Postal Service vehicle. You will receive no
    special privileges or rights as a postal driver. Police
    citations for traffic violations are your personal responsibility.
    Promptly report them to your supervisor while
    on duty.

Postal carriers can and are ticketed while working. Most parking regs are pretty much ignored for mail carriers as long as it is a quick stop, but not driving offences.
    Lyman 22596,225107,225353,225438,225415,225450,225646, 225462,228367,244203,245496,245497,245498,245499 RCBS 22-55-SP,22-55-FP,243-95-SP,243-100-FP, NEI 100244GC-#14, 55 224 GC-#4,225 45-#3 PB, NOE 22-055 SP,MX2-243,Saeco 221 & 243, RD TLC225-50-RF,Lee 22 Bator 6c & 2c HP. Love casting small boolits, let me know if you have one that I don't that you would part with!

Boolit Master

Where Pennsylvania, Delaware, and Maryland join.
    What does the PO have to do with guns and ammo price gougers?
    Blacksmith

S. G. G. = Sons of the Greatest Generation. Too old to run, too proud to hide; we will stand our ground and take as many as we can with us!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksmith View Post
    What does the PO have to do with guns and ammo price gougers?

I'm a little unclear on that myself, Blacksmith. Seems we had a few pages of off-topic posts. I think it came up somewhere during the discussion of the evils of capitalism but I skimmed most of that.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

started back with post 184 by Ed Barret.

Boolit Master

Hopefully not related to that GOUGING SOB Ronnie Barrett

Somehow I doubt it!

Boolit Master
    All well and good discussion, but I want to know if P.K.'s friend of a friend has dropped his price on primers yet? He's 10 large out of pocket if he paid average retail for them. He could probably make 10% if he prices them right, NOW. Later he'll be lucky to break even.
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. -- H.L. Mencken

The notion that a radical is one who hates his country is naïve and usually idiotic. He is, more likely, one who likes his country more than the rest of us, and is thus more disturbed than the rest of us when he sees it debauched. He is not a bad citizen turning to crime; he is a good citizen driven to despair.― H.L. Mencken

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 375RUGER View Post
    All well and good discussion, but I want to know if P.K.'s friend of a friend has dropped his price on primers yet? He's 10 large out of pocket if he paid average retail for them. He could probably make 10% if he prices them right, NOW. Later he'll be lucky to break even.
    I haven't heard from him at this time, not suprising though, IIRC I think I was laughing at him. If my speculation was on target and he is one and the same then no, he's going to stay at the highest possible price point untill it's too late. My money is on them makeing their way to the local gun shows/CL/GB etc.
    GSSF RSO
    NRA RSO
    DU

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    George Orwell

These are the times that try men's souls.
    Thomas Payne

Boolit Master

He will probably spend a lot on table rent at many gun shows before he gets what he wants. Maybe he will still have them for the next shortage by which time inflation will make his price seem reasonable.
    Blacksmith

S. G. G. = Sons of the Greatest Generation. Too old to run, too proud to hide; we will stand our ground and take as many as we can with us!

OMG the next shortage NO way Never can that happen. Crawls under bed and hides i do

Boolit Master

If you don't think it can happen again you will get caught short. When the prices come down stock up and keep enough on hand to keep you going as the minimum stock level you never go below.
    Blacksmith

Love Life
    Funny story. I was just browsing through Our Town, and in my just awakened fogged mind I thought the title of this thread was "The cougars are getting edgy"

For a second I had to ask myself why there was a thread on older women wanting to date younger men in Our town.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Love Life View Post
    Funny story. I was just browsing through Our Town, and in my just awakened fogged mind I thought the title of this thread was "The cougars are getting edgy"

For a second I had to ask myself why there was a thread on older women wanting to date younger men in Our town.
    Gosh, if they are looking here they must be gold diggers, going after the social security checks! Do you realize how old a cougar would have to be, to be after this bunch? Not to mention desperate!
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Love Life
    Well I reckon a cougar would have to 125 years old to go after Bad Water Bill.

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates
    What ya shoot you MUST eat. Me and Girty are to tough to cook with any known process.
    WE WON. WE BEAT THE MACHINE. WE HAVE CCW NOW.

Boolit Master

Ouch! LOL!

What ya shoot you MUST eat. Me and Girty are to tough to cook with any known process.
    Yo'all should be o-k, no worries outrunning them "gold diggers" with the walkers, it's the ones with those illegal "Rascals" you need to watch out for!
    Last edited by P.K.; 04-01-2013 at 05:45 AM.
    GSSF RSO
    NRA RSO
    DU

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    George Orwell

These are the times that try men's souls.
    Thomas Payne