MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
RepackboxTitan ReloadingWidenersRotoMetals2
Load Data
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Explain your avatar and name.

Boolit Master

I spent 15yrs (out of 24) on dive staus in the Army. Avatar is the Combat Diver badge of the US Army. I'm missing the "S" rating on it for Combat Dive Supervisor.

CD
    De Oppresso Liber

Irag: 91,03,04,05,06,08,09',15', 16',22-23'
    Afghanistan: 09,10,11',14',17'-21'

Banned

Thank you for your extraordinary service sir. Your deployment summary speaks volumes

Banned
    I am part Indian and my buddies call me the blanket ***

Boolit Buddy

My handle here is an homage to the spirit of the skilled american craftsman making something with his hands, with a grateful thank you to the patriots whose service secured and continue to ensure my freedom. Both of these are exemplified in my hobby.
    Valley Forge

i think i recognize valley forge from a blade forum?
    FEAR YOUR GOVERNMENT

“The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government.” - Thomas Paine

Boolit Master

200 miles south of the center of the United States
    My handle is the name of the well that kept my great grandfather and his family alive during the "Dirty 30's". Great granddad homesteaded right in the heart of the dustbowl, lost his wife to cancer about 2 years before the dirt started to blow. He raised 2 sons and 4 daughters through that nightmare by himself, never left his homestead and from what I've been told- sometimes that well was about all they had.

I have a picture of him on my desk. Any time I think I have troubles, I look at that picture and he reminds me how much I have and how lucky I really am.

Boolit Master
    My name is that of my favorite TV character.
    My avatar is a picture of Sully Erna I took at a concert. I was right up front with the VIP's after meeting the guys back stage.

My handle is Revolver because they are my handgun of choice.

My avatar is of 'Sir Les Patterson' because I am a distinguished gentleman.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sir_Les_Patterson

Boolit Grand Master

Avatar is my state's flag so that's self explanatory. Dragon is my legal name. 8 and 13 were my jersey numbers when playing soccer. GT because all my cars have been that model. Well actually they've all been GTIs except one Grand Am GT so I decided on that. Pretty stupid reasoning behind the name but I've been using it for fourteen years. And I always use the same name no matter the forum.

Boolit Master

[QUOTE=bootsnthejeep;1331975]Well, I got dubbed Boots my junior year in high school. It's a shorter, more easily pronounced version of my last name. My Biology teacher just busted that out randomly in class one day, and you know how nicknames catch on...

And the rest of it is the fact that my first vehicle when I was 16 was my Jeep CJ7. I still have it, in one form or another, its been thru several major overhauls. We were pretty much inseparable. If you saw one of us, the other one probably wasn't far away. And at least one of us was probably leaking.

Old jeeps never leak, they are just marking their territory !!!!

Facta non verba

Boolit Buddy
    I spent 40 years living/working on the Chesapeake Bay as a full time waterman. I had 5 work boats from 40 to 45 feet. I retired from the water and now have a 27 ft judge sport fishing boat with all the goodies thus my name. My two sons still work the Chesapeake Bay tks Ken

Boolit Master
    When I registered, this is the first name that came to mind.

Avatar, well, I am just drawn to Strong, Massive, Quality Things; American Muscle Cars, Craftsman Tools, Guns, and.....HOLLYWOOD GUN SHOP RELOADING EQIPMENT- All American Prime Beef!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HWTurretToolSenior.jpg  
    TEAM HOLLYWOOD

NRA- LIFE TSRA-LIFE SASS-LIFE

Boolit Master
    My user name is quite self expanatory. When I first joined Castboolits, I thought everyone just couldn't spell bullets worth a sh*t until the membership straightened me out on the meaning of boolits vs. bullets. So I chose my "handle" to fit what I wanted to do and that was casting bullets (boolits).

My avatar has gone through several changes until I decided to use the state dog of Tennessee as my avatar. The blue tick hound is the state dog and this one took up residence with us several years ago. It took over 6 months to gain his trust and now he's a real hoot of a dog. He always sings for his supper each and every night. BC
    Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father but by me."

I knew somebody would dredge up a thread like this after I'd responded to the new one about user names. So I won't repeat the long, boring story about my handle http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...0703-User-name Post #4 . The avatar thing however is almost a pet peeve of mine. The pics are just so... small or something... that I have troubles with a lot of them, including mine. Shoot, I thought Firefly's was somebody in Klingon makeup shooting a BP hand cannon.
    So, here's a better look at mine:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	013.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	17.5 KB 
ID:	64440
    This is hanging in my office by the door; my saddle-length oilskin duster, my fedora (which still has seagull poop on it from a years-ago steelhead outing), and my quick-draw rig with the loops full of .45 Colt and the holster full of 1851 .36 Navy Colt replica. It's the only gun on display anywhere in the house and only this because you can't load it with the ammo that's with it. Since the pic was taken, the rounds have been replaced with nickel plated ones (thanks Grumpa) and the green brass ones have been better taken care of.

mike
    I saw this in a cartoon once. I'm pretty sure I can pull it off...

Boolit Mold

Heh ... the avatar is mostly a placeholder, with little thought:: it is the "cornerstone" of the logo that my wife and I use for our consulting business. The "handle" aka "user name" is related to (1) some favourite literature from my youth, (2) a reference to a significant date, (3) the code name for a major computer project, (4) an award of a particular edition, and (5) a very cool raptor.
    Geezer, veteran, mostly retired, mostly libertarian, Magma Engineering fan ... hey, y'all come eat some BBQ...

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Combat Diver View Post
    I spent 15yrs (out of 24) on dive staus in the Army. Avatar is the Combat Diver badge of the US Army. I'm missing the "S" rating on it for Combat Dive Supervisor.

CD
    That's a great Photo...And thanks for your service !
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Banned

Combat Diver

That is one man who has been there and done that.

Boolit Buddy
    Since clintons raped the White house till now I have belonged to the Tea Party.I voted for Ross twice.I went Independent as what is broken wasn't getting fixed. I joined a opinion group called http://www.sodahead.com where you can ask your own questions,and call democraps,liptards,and amoeba aka obummer any name you want.Just don't call the sheep that follow the liptards a name anywhere on site. Cosmiceyes is that alias. This is one of the many characters I use to demoralize the the pond scum that worships amoeba.It has a hoard of what we call sock puppets,or just fake profiles that amoeba uses to boost his states.We challenge them,call them out,and they usually just go away.Senator Fineswine has a 1000 such friends in her friends list."0"stats but their.Here is a blow up of my avatar,and a sock puppet I post near the suspects posting.
    Attachment 76709Attachment 76710
    Knowledge shall forever govern ignorance!

I see what I am hunting just coming off the "GRILL"!

It is not a measure of moral health to be well adjusted in a sick society!
    Jules

Boolit Master
    My Name is because my SS Beasley grip .44 Magnum Vaquero is my favorite revolver.

My Avatar is Ben Johnson a real cowboy turned actor.
    My hero's have always been Cowboys!

Boolit Master

Handle is because of a new interest, learning to Weld + my year of birth. The Avatar is of a woodturning I did last year.