Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Load DataRepackbox
Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionWideners
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: OK,$300 NRA Lifetime Membership going on NOW-No Sponser Needed!

Boolit Master

Upgraded to Patron this last year and will likely go to Benefactor this year. JFWIW - has anybody ever noticed any specific thing that GOA actually did. I've never seen anything personally. It's numbers first folks and GOA doesn't have em'.
    Mike

Benefactor Member NRA
    Life Member Iowa Firearms Coalition
    US Army Vet

There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation.
    One is by the sword. The other is by debt.”
    John Adams 1826

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by cbrick View Post
    Do you only vote for a politician with whom you are 100% in lock step with?
    Yes, which is why I don't vote. Voting only encourages the state.
    As for the GOA I recommend before you send them any more money you demand an accounting in writing as to just where their money goes. I did several years ago and they flat refused to disclose their financial statements to anyone they request donations from.
    That's a good idea. I would like to know where their money goes. I have seen a lose breakdown however.

That's even more absurd than your post in another thread that stated that H-110 will melt your boolits.
    Just passing along what I've read. I never stated anything as a fact. I have some casting/reloading under my belt, but I'm mostly here to learn. Again thanks for the input but you don't have to get testy bro. Can't we be friends?

Again, demand an accounting from the GOA as opposed to a knee jerk reaction to something which you really don't understand. The next thing you need to do is to stop spewing such incredible nonsense about things (NRA) which you clearly know nothing.
    Now if a guy on the internet told you to shut up would you do so? Naw, me neither

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Sneaky Steve View Post

Now if a guy on the internet told you to shut up would you do so? Naw, me neither
    You will find this forum operates differently than others.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Bub

SOB... I signed up for the 10 year payment plan two weeks ago. I don't feel too bad, cause the whole point of the thing is to give them a constituent and part him from his money. I'm OK with that, if we gave them enough money, we may not be having this thread.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by coblake View Post
    SOB... I signed up for the 10 year payment plan two weeks ago. I don't feel too bad, cause the whole point of the thing is to give them a constituent and part him from his money. I'm OK with that, if we gave them enough money, we may not be having this thread.
    Give them a call, I bet you can renegotiate.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master

Yes, which is why I don't vote. Voting only encourages the state.
    Dude if you don't vote, you have ZERO right to complain about anything...........................JMHO and no, I don't shut up either.

Art
    ”Only accurate rifles are interesting”
    ——Townsend Whelen

In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act
    —- George Orwell

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazman1602 View Post
    Dude if you don't vote, you have ZERO right to complain about anything...........................JMHO and no, I don't shut up either.

Art
    Hey Art! I'm from Mi too. The way I see it, if you participate in the system and vote then you can't complain because you voted for X politician. If I don't vote then I can complain because I didn't give my consent to be goverened by said politician.

If you're intrested in this philosophy look up "anarcho-capitalism". I can also send you some good articles to read if you send me a PM. I don't want to hijack this thread.

Boolit Master
    The blue Life Member banner must be relatively new because I've been a lifer for a while and I never noticed it before. $300 for a lifetime subscription to American Rifleman is worth the cost alone. I realize the NRA isn't perfect but since they are the group that Obama chooses to demonize they must be the ones to support!

And I think this guy ^^^^ has it all wrong. You can't assert any sort of moral superiority while enabling the tyranny through inaction IMO.
    NRA Endowment Member

Armed people don't march into gas chambers.

Oh, this is good stuff. Popcorn popped !

Boolit Grand Master

I didn't tell you to shut up. Re-read the post. I told you that you need to stop spewing incredible nonesense about things in which you clearly know nothing. From the two statements you made in one post about the NRA I think it's a safe bet that the NRA is something of which you know nothing.

But hey, if you want to continue making yourself look foolish go right ahead.

Rick
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member
    CRPA Life Member

Boolit Master
    Troll alert

Boolit Man
    I really don't see why people bash the NRA, are they perfect no but who is. They do a great do to lobby for gun rights more than any other group that I know of. If you don't like or support them well cool and good for you. Don't bash those that do. To each and his own. If I had the funds I would be signing up, but I'm broke with Dr bill's for my kids. So yea leave it be and go about your way.

Boolit Master

Me too!

The NRA puts the life membership on sale every now and then, that's how I got to benefactor Member. Life was on sale so I jumped on it, a few years later it was on sale again and I used it to up the membership level. The next time they had a sale I did it again and then again. Never kept track of the total cost but probably spread out over several years it's about the $1000 cost of today's Life Member.

Rick
    Rick, How does that work? I mean, when they have a sale on life memberships, does that mean that the higher levels of membership are discounted too? Would this info be on their website, or would I have to call to find out about any discounts? My father was a Patron member, as well as a Benefactor member (I don't know which is higher, and we have certificates for both hanging on the wall in his office. If the dates weren't printed so small, I would know which was the higher one, but it's hard to see exactly which one is the later one. I wouldn't mind upping my life membership, and help out the NRA some more.
    - MikeS

Want to checkout my feedback? It's here:
    http://www.castboolits.gunloads.com/...d.php?t=136410

No longer living in the High Country, Australia, a lowlander now.
    Can't justify a life membership from down here in Oz, but have signed up for a years membership, hope my small contribution helps somewhat.

What goes down with you guy's is going to reverberate around the world.

"Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so too."

Boolit Master

I'm Proud to say that I took the NRA up on their offer.

I'm a NEW LIFETIME MEMBER!

YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MOONMAN

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by MikeS View Post
    Rick, How does that work? I mean, when they have a sale on life memberships, does that mean that the higher levels of membership are discounted too? Would this info be on their website, or would I have to call to find out about any discounts? My father was a Patron member, as well as a Benefactor member (I don't know which is higher, and we have certificates for both hanging on the wall in his office. If the dates weren't printed so small, I would know which was the higher one, but it's hard to see exactly which one is the later one. I wouldn't mind upping my life membership, and help out the NRA some more.
    Benefactor is the highest level of four NRA life memberships.

I don't remember if it was advertised, I think it was in their mailings when there was a sale going on. Since your a life member already and there is a sale going on now if your interested in upping your membership I would call them and ask. I would bet they do it, I've never known the NRA to say no to money and no doubt they need it right now.

1-877-672-2000

That's the phone number for membership renewal according to their web site.

Let us know what they say, probably more life members interested in the same thing.

Rick
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member
    CRPA Life Member

Boolit Master

Just signed up for the Life. Could never afford the $1000 before.

Boolit Master
    Guys, $1000 is not to much to pay, and I would havw already if I had of had it. Now, I know this sounds cheap, however, living on a fixed income, I don't have $300 at one time either. Does any one know of a payment plan on the $300 deal. Yeah, I guess I could call tomorrow, but I thought someone here may know. And no, I don't have a credit card either.
    My mother always said I was the Flower of the Family, The Blooming Idiot

Boolit Master
    Hi Giz,
    I actually asked that question and was told there was no payment plan on the $300 amount! I guess they figure you can put it on the plastic?
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace.
    We ask not your counsels or arms.
    Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.
    May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams
    Janet Reno, killed more children at Waco, with Bill Clinton's permission, than Adam Lanza killed, at Sandy Hook.

Boolit Master

NW Ohio, almost as N and W as you can be :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by seagiant View Post
    Hi Giz,
    I actually asked that question and was told there was no payment plan on the $300 amount! I guess they figure you can put it on the plastic?
    Yea I guess it makes sense when they discount from 1000 to 300 that they might not want to string that along as a payment plan ?? They have added 1/4 million members in a month, wonder how many are life members, or how many annuals upgraded to life ??

Bill
    Both ends WHAT a player