WidenersRepackboxTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionLoad DataRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First HP Mold from Mihec HP 452 200 ,4 cavity

Thumbs up First HP Mold from Mihec HP 452 200 ,4 cavity

Just need to share this fantastic experience with a rest of cast boolits world :=)
    I miss a group buy for this mold but have a luck and Miha have in stock so i order...It come fast to my country (3 days) .Boy i was so glad when i see a postman a front the door even he bring me with my mold a phone bill...
    Mann...what a high class mold .This is my first holow point mold and first brass.I have couple of aluminium and steel form Lee and Lyman but this mold leave me without a breath...High class craftsmanship, precision of manufacture , quality ...i took me a vile to give up idea just to keep this mold in my living room as decoration..or better as some piece of art.
    But..I clean the mold from grease ,and following experience of guys that posted an this forum,polish the hp pins ... especially the penta pins .Mold come with 2 sets,one set of round and one penta pins .I set up pins so the mold drops 2 HP round pins boolits,1 HP penta pin and 1 solid...3 type of round from one mold.Cool,ha?.I lube sprue plate and pins with lube that come with mold.
    Turn my pot on ,put some COWW ingots and....i notice that i have only 1 piece of 40/60 solder..well i dont wont to give up now..i put that inside pot,melted and i was sure that with this procent of tin in alloy (under 1%) i can espect a lots of rejects and bad fill out.. but it didnt happen
    Dont have way to preheat mold so i just start casting and reject first 7,8 casts...I have one Mihecs mold in 9 mm so i know that this molds like higher temp so i setup my pot at higher temp in start.o Mann...when a mold reach a good "working temp" i cast around 350 bollits in about one hour with zero rejects even with alloy under 1% tin...You can cast much faster.with pre- polished pins and smoked mold i didnt have any kind of issues regarding boolit dropping from mold.There drop almost imeditaly after i open the mold.With my Lee molds i have already destroyed 2 wooden hammers Bolits drops with my alloy at .454-.4545 and i was glad because i didnt specified in my order wich bullet diameter (i get 452)i want and i planing using this holow points also in my .45 Colt caliber Taurus Judge wich like .454 diameter..Weight of round holow point boolit was 198-199 grains and holow point with penta pins was little heavier about 200-201 grain.Solid bullets was around 210-212 grains...
    I just cant wait to load this beauty's and shoot...
    It was so pleasure to cast with this mold...I cast for 2 years and have arround 20.000 boolits casted so far (90% in 9 mm) and i always have some kind of problems during casting that is offen frustrating.I start actually enjoying casting with my first Mihecs mold in 9 mm .Its that much a differences.
    I learn and find much good info and advice's and this forum so this is my way to "payback" .Hope someone find this helpful..

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    Impressive!!! I love a success story! Nice boolits!

Boolit Master
    Nice! Miha makes Hollow Points Fun!
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Wonderful! I just ordered one today. If I have the same experience you did, I'll be one happy guy!!

Boolit Grand Master

Great mold, and you did a good job too. Also - you get a 'well done' on working in
    a foreign language. I have the same mold, the boolits are the most accurate at 50 yds
    of any in my Kimber 1911.

Bill
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Bagdadjoe View Post
    Wonderful! I just ordered one today. If I have the same experience you did, I'll be one happy guy!!
    You ar happy guy from the moment you ordered
    Clean it good,polish pins and smoke the mold...keep in mind that there like high temp..
    Let us know how this work for you:

Quote Originally Posted by MtGun44 View Post
    Great mold, and you did a good job too. Also - you get a 'well done' on working in
    a foreign language. I have the same mold, the boolits are the most accurate at 50 yds
    of any in my Kimber 1911.

Bill
    Thanks Bill...trying to know english better ,i shoot ipsc ,participate international matches and i like to cumunicate with friends from all the world so english is mandatory.
    Also thanks for earlier help with 9 mm cast..

Boolit Master

I was in on that group buy, and have to say it is one beautiful mold that casts equally beautiful boolits!

Boolit Bub
    I ordered one the other day....anxiously awaiting it

Boolit Master

MiHec

Got one of his 358180 gr mold couple of months age. I know what you mean by putting it in the living room! Beautiful and oh so functional. What a joy to work with. Great looking Boolits, let us know how they shoot.
    Tim

Boolit Master

Nice write up!

I got my Miha .45-200 mold a couple months ago, no pins. Very nice mold, holds heat almost too well. Was quite the suprise when I had it warming up on the hot plate like I do the iron molds while I was casting something else, when I switched to the big brass mold she was too hot and smearing lead. She holds heat! I laid her on the cast iron table saw to draw some excess heat out. All good after that.

Boolit Mold
    Got my .455Webley mold from Miha a few days ago and have to say EXCELLENT+ very impressive workmanship.I`m gonna stick to his molds exclusively,that`s for sure.

Vendor Sponsor

I still have some 452-200 HP molds.
    If you want one send me a PM.
    www.mp-molds.com
    --------------------------------------
    If you want to win, you must not lose

Quote Originally Posted by tward View Post
    Got one of his 358180 gr mold couple of months age. I know what you mean by putting it in the living room! Beautiful and oh so functional. What a joy to work with. Great looking Boolits, let us know how they shoot.
    Tim
    I will...gonna do some pic also

Boolit Grand Master

You are most welcome on the 9mm assistance. That caliber gives a lot of folks
    trouble.

Anybody that shoots a .45 ACP is missing out if you don't grab one of these fabulous
    molds from MP!

Bill
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Boolit Man
    Balta I have the same mould and it is by far my favorite for .45acp. They have fed flawlessly in 7 different 1911's and 2 carbines I've tried them in. You chose wisely my friend.
    Max

Whenever asked I used to tell folks that casting boolits wasn't rocket science... I have since been proven wrong.

Still didnt have chance to load and shoot them...i cant wait..

Boolit Master

Balta - I have that same mold. It is one of my very favorites. I haven't seen anybody say so, yet, but you should be commended for your English. You do quite well indeed. Welcome. enjoy Mike
    Politicians are a lot like diapers. They should be changed frequently, and for the same reason. Benjamin Franklin

THX..i have litle help with english !!

Boolit Master

Balta, you get a big WAY TO GO! I have that same mold, and love it.

And your English is 'way better than my Croatian!
    Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U
    One of the most endearing sights in the world is the vision of a naked good-looking woman leaving the bedroom to make breakfast. Bolivar Shagnasty (I believe that Lazarus Long also said it, but I can't find any record of it.)