Titan ReloadingWidenersSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
RepackboxLoad DataLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline Fabrication
Page 24 of 41 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: C'mon In Lurkers.

Boolit Mold
    Howdy,
    I have been lurkin' on here for about a year and finally decided to become respectable. I started reloading in the early 90's, had a dark period from 97 until summer last year, and then got back into reloading full force. My christmas present was a Lyman Big Dipper kit and 3 Lee molds (1-9mm and 2-32 cal).
    Over the past year of lurkin', I have learned alot. Now that I have joined, I hope to learn a whole lot more.
    Thank you to everyone who makes Cast Boolits a friendly place to visit and learn.

Hi all, I have been a lurker for a long time too. Finally got the wife yelled at enough to get me in here I think. This is the BEST!! thing I have ever found on the internet and I want to thank you all for being such good folks. Am looking forward to being here and learning more. Again, thanks to all of you.

Hello All, I have been lurking for a few months. Figured it was time to start posting.

Boolit Bub

I'm in!...new member from Texas

Lots of great post and very informative. Love surfing this forum. I'm in!

Hello all thanks for providing such great information. Have been on chat and talked to a few of you and the friendly conversation keeps me coming back. Looking into casting and i think iam going to ignore all the fair warnings about the addictive nature of this beast. Look forward to getting to meet everyone and learning as i go.

hello, my name is Charlie and I am a lurker. (but I can stop whenever I want.)
    Charlie

"The fool has said in his heart, There is no God" Psalm 53:1

Well,
    I been a "LURKER" for a few years. I am very active on other forums but never joined castboolits till a bit ago. I must say I am pretty unhappy that I did! I have come on and made some posts. I have already bought a few things from guys in the for sale section and I have offered a few things to some guys that where looking for items for sale. I can say that ALL but one deal has fallen through. What a joke! Every guy I have talked to is so paranoid that they end up backing out of the deal even when I am sending Paypal payment to them! I replied to one fellow looking for some mags. I have 2 brand new ones in the package. So I sent a message to him saying I want $20.00 for them shipped Paypal me and they are on the way. He replies back and tells me due to my low post count he will need me to just send out the mags and if he gets them and likes them he will send me my money. Really? Do I have dummy painted on my forehead? Sure I will ship my stuff out and HOPE you send a payment. Then I work a trade replying to another guys request and it is set and done. Then I get a PM saying I will need to ship the lead first and if he gets it and is happy he will send out the trigger. He was polite but I do not get it. I have made 1000"s of transactions on E-Bay with no troubles and hundreds on another gun forum with zero issues. But here you are treated like a criminal right off the bat. I get it that some guys have been burned but when a guy is providing a phone# and showing his E-Bay and other forum feedback with I-trader why do you guys still treat people this way? It looks more like I am getting burned because the first thing guys want me to do is ship out my stuff for free without payment of any sort. So I am the one sticking my neck out on every transaction no matter if I am buying or selling.

For me being a part of a forum includes trading buying and selling. plus all the tech that goes with it. Guys here are worried about $20.00 paypal transaction I do not even know how you would buy a gun from someone else. I have sold over a dozen rifles and never once had a guy ask me to send it out first and he would pay if he liked it. I did read the rules and I see 25 posts to sell. I have followed that and have not tried to sell anything. But I can respond to buy from guys and I
    have only to be treated like I am trying to rip someone off.

Ok my rant is over and I will go back to lurking in the back ground. Sorry I joined to be let down.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Well, if you were on here offering things for sale to people before your probationary period was over, you were breaking the forum rules. You do not have the required number of posts, and you only made the time period today. No wonder people don't trust you. I would pretty much put you in the spammer category. Maybe you should go back to where you came from. I can tell already, I sure won't miss you.

Quote Originally Posted by golddredger View Post
    Well,
    I been a "LURKER" for a few years. I am very active on other forums but never joined castboolits till a bit ago. I must say I am pretty unhappy that I did! I have come on and made some posts. I have already bought a few things from guys in the for sale section and I have offered a few things to some guys that where looking for items for sale. I can say that ALL but one deal has fallen through. What a joke! Every guy I have talked to is so paranoid that they end up backing out of the deal even when I am sending Paypal payment to them! I replied to one fellow looking for some mags. I have 2 brand new ones in the package. So I sent a message to him saying I want $20.00 for them shipped Paypal me and they are on the way. He replies back and tells me due to my low post count he will need me to just send out the mags and if he gets them and likes them he will send me my money. Really? Do I have dummy painted on my forehead? Sure I will ship my stuff out and HOPE you send a payment. Then I work a trade replying to another guys request and it is set and done. Then I get a PM saying I will need to ship the lead first and if he gets it and is happy he will send out the trigger. He was polite but I do not get it. I have made 1000"s of transactions on E-Bay with no troubles and hundreds on another gun forum with zero issues. But here you are treated like a criminal right off the bat. I get it that some guys have been burned but when a guy is providing a phone# and showing his E-Bay and other forum feedback with I-trader why do you guys still treat people this way? It looks more like I am getting burned because the first thing guys want me to do is ship out my stuff for free without payment of any sort. So I am the one sticking my neck out on every transaction no matter if I am buying or selling.

For me being a part of a forum includes trading buying and selling. plus all the tech that goes with it. Guys here are worried about $20.00 paypal transaction I do not even know how you would buy a gun from someone else. I have sold over a dozen rifles and never once had a guy ask me to send it out first and he would pay if he liked it. I did read the rules and I see 25 posts to sell. I have followed that and have not tried to sell anything. But I can respond to buy from guys and I
    have only to be treated like I am trying to rip someone off.

Ok my rant is over and I will go back to lurking in the back ground. Sorry I joined to be let down.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Quote Originally Posted by waksupi View Post
    Well, if you were on here offering things for sale to people before your probationary period was over, you were breaking the forum rules. You do not have the required number of posts, and you only made the time period today. No wonder people don't trust you. I would pretty much put you in the spammer category. Maybe you should go back to where you came from. I can tell already, I sure won't miss you.
    Nice way to treat a new person with a complaint. Take a minute to look through the members list and see how many folks joined, made a post or two and never came back. I certainly don't need your pompous attitude either. Back to being a Lurker for me!!
    Charlie

"The fool has said in his heart, There is no God" Psalm 53:1

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    If you can't follow the rules,that works just fine for me. Would you have preferred if I just went ahead and issued an infraction to him?
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Mold
    Hello from a newbie lurker. I haven't been here to long just never seem to post for some reason. I'm not really new to casting but usually helping others for a fee. (mostly cast reloads) I finally decided to get my own equipment and do my own so no more excuses.

Hope to be able to contribute but seems like their is just about anything a guy wants answered already here. That's ok though as I still like the place and will be in here frequently.

Darn I just seen I've been signed up since 09 Man time flies when you don't pay attention. It's probably CRS.

Boolit Mold
    Yup I now have to join the Cast Boolits AA Club . I cant be too anonymous . Got to spread it 'round. Plus dad keeps giving me money for powda and prima. Told him Keep it coming. Now I'm hooked. Thought I was doin this to save $$$. What a great stimulatin hobby. Cheaper than samplin bourbons . My liver Thanks me.

Saying my howdies:
    Howdy all,
    Long time reloader (+20yrs) but new to this new fangled boolit casting & swaging.
    Been lurking for awhile doing my research to get started in it, good to go soon.
    Great site, BTW.

Boolit Master
    Howdy. I have been reading the great info on this site for about four years, and finally decided to throw my hat into the ring. I have learned a tremdous amount here and look forward to a bunch more. I have been reloading off and on for about 48 years and did not start casting until I learned how here. Dennis

Boolit Bub

Can't wait to get started!

Lurker, I am expecting my 1st molds to arrive today, a Lee 690234 & 690239. I have never casted anything, but with the info I have found in this forum I don't see any problems that cant' be solved, with the help of the members.
    I have been collecting pb for the last 2 months preparing to start making boolits, most of it is RS and some WW.
    My back ground is in injection molded plastics so I am very familiar with molds, molding and molding defects, and I think this will help me get started casing.

Thanks for the awesome site and all the info up front and I hope I don't bore you with too many rookie questions and mistakes in the near future,lol. Kenny

Boolit Bub
    OK you got me to come in now what!!

Hi to all I have just started trying to learn how to work this site and its like my bollit casting not going to well. I just wanted to see if I could post

Quote Originally Posted by RW460 View Post
    Hi to all I have just started trying to learn how to work this site and its like my bollit casting not going to well. I just wanted to see if I could post
    RW460, Yup, it worked, you posted! Welcome! And if your next post is a question we'll sure try to help you.

rl 1165
    ~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+
    There is no such thing as too many tools, especially when it comes to casting and reloading.
    Howard Hughes said: "He who has the tools rules".

Safe casting and shooting!

Linstrum, member F.O.B.C. (Fraternal Order of Boolit Casters), Shooters.com alumnus, and original alloutdoors.com survivor.

Boolit Buddy

Hi all. Been lurking for a while and just joined in Sept12. Long time shooter,hunter and reloader.Have bought several molds and plan on getting started casting soon for 380/9,45,10,38/357 but am still collecting equipment (melting pot,ladle,etc). one more hobby to support! thanks to all for all the info so far.
    Para82

Boolit Bub
    ppy New Year, I hope to start casting this year. There is to much information in this site. I hope to try swagging by the end of this year.