Boolit Master

case-prep

i just got a AR 15 a few weeks ago an wow can i go threw a lot of bullets
    quicker then my Encore so do the case prep stations work good. which
    one too get the RCBS or the one made by Hornady. are they worth the
    money
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Boolit Master
    Yeah, I've been eyeballing those myself for a while now.

It seems that the current RCBS one has a plastic housing if I understand correctlly.

And Hornady has two different ones. The small, two station one for less than a $100 and then a large Beast which appears to have a steel frame with multi stations for quite a bit more money. It really looks nice if money is not an issue.

Hopefully owners of these will chime in with their veiws. I would like to hear their comments as well.

The new one ($125) looks handy but I question how often is that much case prep needed? I don't trim my SA brass, just uniform the PP once, chamfer once and then it's worn out or lost (yes, I have a bras catcher). Chamfering is the only thing I really NEED to do. US gets the neck clean, primers seat and go bang OK. If my hand gets tired, just chuck the tool in a drill and go. I'd rather spend the $$ on components. I don't load more than a few hundred at a time.

Boolit Bub
    Have the RCBS case prep center and as long as you have a trimmer you're happy with, I'd recommend it. I've done rifle and handgun/pistol brass chamfering, flash hole uniforming and primer pocket uniforming and don't find that I lack power at all to do those jobs. Fairly quiet also, you could easily have a conversation or listen to a radio at about normal volume or a touch higher. Sure saves time and handling brass multiple times.
    You can search on youtube to see it in action and some people have modified Lee hand case trimmer parts and use the RCBS power center to trim their brass as well. Good stuff.

Moderator Emeritus
    I've been running the Lyman for nearly a year now and like it, it comes with all the usual tools and even take my RCBS flash hole de-burrers.

It has been a real help to me as my arthritic hands were making case prep even more of a chore.

For fine firearms and shooting requisites visit my Web Site by clicking the link below:

Pukka Bundhooks