WidenersLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionRepackbox
RotoMetals2 Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lead theft in CO

Boolit Grand Master

Golf clubs are to long and clumsy, a little league baseball bat is far more handy!
    1Shirt!
    "Common Sense Is An Uncommon Virtue" Ben Franklin

"Ve got too soon old and too late smart" Pa.Dutch Saying

Boolit Master
    Sorry about your lead loss. I have never lost any large amounts of lead but I had 2 storage unit break ins a few years ago and lost about 9 thousand dollars with of tool and some reloading and casting stuff. A Dillon 1050 was among that along with an RCBS lead pot and a mec sizemaster in 20 gauge. I told the police who I thought might have done it but mothing was ever recovered.
    The problem in America today is, there are to many fools making to many rules that don't apply to themselves. Now just wait until the new pres. takes office and see what happens!!!!!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 76 WARLOCK View Post
    I live in Lakewood if you are carefull with your smelting your neighbors will never know. My neighbor and I both smelt some and never had any one find out about it.
    There aren't too many scrap yards around you should be able to find your missing lead.
    +1 and now they want/demand your ID or drivers license to crack down on theft, easy to track.

Quote Originally Posted by popper View Post
    So true. Brings up a question about protecting your self when crooks or vandals show up unarmed. I guess a golf club is good protection.

My .45 is better than a golf club any day, that is why I have it.

Had a $25 wrench stolen from my bench at work this week. What disgust me about that is it has to be one of my coworkers who took it. What a fool!

My .45 is better than a golf club any day, that is why I have it.
    My comment was serious, I agree with the bat also. You going to try to defend yourself in court, for shooting an unarmed thief? Or even holding them at gunpoint until the cops arrive? Better to take them behind the wood shed, beat the tar out of them and LET THEM GO. If they come back they probably will be armed and then you can use the .45 Bullfrog - what you gonna do when they (Co.) pass the legal marijuana law?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by popper View Post
    My comment was serious, I agree with the bat also. You going to try to defend yourself in court, for shooting an unarmed thief? Or even holding them at gunpoint until the cops arrive? Better to take them behind the wood shed, beat the tar out of them and LET THEM GO. If they come back they probably will be armed and then you can use the .45
    I can assure you, you will get in far less trouble holding a criminal tresspasser until the police arrive than you would if you beat the pi$$ out of them with a baseball bat then let them go.
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

Boolit Master
    Yeah, err on the side of caution.

But it sure would feel good to catch em and beat the hell out of em. Especially if you can bust the last two ribs on each side. They will think of that day for a long, long time. And if they do come back, they need that 45 used on em.
    I came into this world kicking, screaming, and covered in someone elses blood. I plan to go out the same way.

Boolit Buddy
    i posted awhile back about the guy I CAUGHT stealing lead from my shop. well just 2 weeks ago it finally came to conclusion. both he and the other guy he rat'd out pleaded out to a 2nd degree felony. for a couple hundred pounds of lead, worth .35 at the scrap yard they gave up many rights as free men. oh well, maybe they learned a lesson but i doubt it.

Boolit Mold
    I owned a duplex last year and in a rare case both sides were unrented for about 2 weeks. I went over to show it to a prospective renter and found both of my AC units had been stripped of the copper coils. $6000 of damage for about $80 of copper. And I had to cough it up immediately to be able to rent the places. Eventually insurance paid off, less $1000 deductible and less depreciation which came to about half. No profit that year and I soon sold out.