WidenersInline FabricationRepackboxLoad Data
Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Titan Reloading Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New motor for my truck

Boolit Grand Master

Some of the big haul trucks in the mines have decent size engines in them. I used to work for Cummins and got into places that had some big engines. Most were Detroit Diesels back then.
    I was overseas and saw an engine in a power plant that had hatches on the side so you could walk in and inspect it.
    I worked on the starter engines for natural gas turbines in Michigan the were 500 hp v8 diesels. When we had to tear the diesels down they would start the turbine and with it running we would do our work. There was a 3" fan shaft that ran vertically by the rear head about a foot or so from the back wall. I was 160 pounds and the only mechanic that could fit back there. Fun stuff.

Right now here in Phoenix diesel is cheaper than gas.

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates
    Quote Originally Posted by runfiverun View Post
    mud,,, most likely.
    airc the tucker cars used helicopter engines also and were pretty fast.
    Nope wern't no Tucker engine. They used regular gas engines in all of the ones I personally saw at their assembly plant. Helio choppers weren't known when Tucker went out of bizniz. Howsome ever Jay Leno may have one like you are thinkin about in his little garage. Check with Jay.
    WE WON. WE BEAT THE MACHINE. WE HAVE CCW NOW.

Yup, it was a copter motor. The sports car in that Aussie A-bomb movie was a lycoming. Looks like jump on Corvair, huh.

Boolit Bub
    Chances are, you'll have to get a lift kit for your cab AND FRAME. Tires "might" need to be upgaded, too.
    Gun control = hitting the target!

Cast Boolits Founder/B.O.B.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    its out and on the back of the truck so whatever it came from either needed it rebuilt or a new motor so that kind of narrows it down to a ford product of some kind
    Boolits= as God laid it into the soil,,grand old Galena,the Silver Stream graciously hand poured into molds for our consumption.

Bullets= Machine made utilizing Full Length Gas Checks as to provide projectiles for the masses.

http://www.cafepress.com/castboolits

castboolits@gmail.com

Boolit Master

Nope not a ford product its all in one piece, not much oil dripping off it and most of all ford has had a challenge building/buying a real diesel engine, then again it might be there first real engine in their F350 long nose big foot truck.
    Beware of a government that fears its citizens having the means to protect themselves.
    NRA Patron member
    Veteran