Snyders JerkyInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Load DataWidenersRepackboxLee Precision
RotoMetals2 Reloading Everything

Thread: Steamed cheeseburgers= What??

Steamed cheeseburgers= What??

The steamer is 9"x 9"x13" with three trays two squares in each tray it is all stainless steel except for the outside hinge. its plain steel. after about twenty years of use I had the trays Teflon coated for easier clean up. stainless steel shelving. a small hasp on the door. door is not tight so no pressure build up and the steam can escape. my buddy build this one for me. his is about the same size with four trays and a very tight door. so he just drilled six holes in the top for steam. I just do cheeseburgers in mine it can be used for many things. a good sharp Cheddar is Kraft white in the green wrapper or Vermont Cabot sharp white is what I use. the combo of the burger cooking in its on juice and you can not over cook it using steam and a little oil from both the meat and cheese on the bun is sooooo good.

"The good sense of the people will always be found to be the best army.They may be led astray for a moment,but will soon correct themselves" - Thomas Jefferson

I wasn't Born in the south but I got there as soon as I could.
    I like this site. MOSTLY good people. good ideas.

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't!!
    "Either this man is dead or my watch has stopped." — Groucho Marx

"We are born naked, wet, and hungry. Then things get worse"

Boolit Master

In the Heart of N Alabama smack dab along Tornado Alley.
    That's interesting, thanks for posting the pictures.

Rick
    Democracy is two wolves and a
    lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting
    the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

Boolit Master

I've heard about that but never tried one. No restaurant around here does that. Up at Prairie Du Chein, Wi. they have an outdoor burger joint that does something like that and there is a huge line of people waiting each weekend. Smells good.

Boolit Bub
    How about some pictures of the end result?? Would love to see the texture and color of the patty. Never had a steamed burger but would like to try.
    What is the heat source?

Boolit Master

Intrigued, please, more info and pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by gabe123 View Post
    How about some pictures of the end result?? Would love to see the texture and color of the patty. Never had a steamed burger but would like to try.
    What is the heat source?
    will be making some in a few days. will post some photo's. Heat source is the large burner of you kitchen stove.
    "The good sense of the people will always be found to be the best army.They may be led astray for a moment,but will soon correct themselves" - Thomas Jefferson

I wasn't Born in the south but I got there as soon as I could.
    I like this site. MOSTLY good people. good ideas.

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't!!
    "Either this man is dead or my watch has stopped." — Groucho Marx

"We are born naked, wet, and hungry. Then things get worse"

Boolit Buddy
    That's awesome! How long does it take? And have you ever done it on anything but the kitchen stove? I'm thinking a smaller one on the BBQ or campfire.

Charlie! I grew up in Prairie du Chien. You are talking about Pete's hamburgers run by the Gokey family for about 3 generations now. They sell only burgers, chips, and pop from a little 10X12 or so food stand from Memorial day to Labor day every year. They have a grill that's about 3' X 6'. It has sides about 2" tall all around. On the grill they pour a couple gallons of water so it's about 1/2" deep. They load it with thin pressed 1/4 pound patties and then pour about a gallon and a half of sliced onions on top. The burgers and onions cook together in the boiling water. Salt and pepper liberally applied. The first batch or two look a little grey coming off the grill as the day wears on the water turns to a wonderful beef stock that you can't resist. One taste will bring you back for a lifetime. You can get them "with or without" onions that is. Served on huge homestyle buns. They come wrapped in wax paper and are so juicy that they run down your chin. The line will stretch for a block in either direction and folks don't seem to mind waiting for up to 45 minutes for their turn. IIRC Papa Gokey died of cancer, and every year the family donates all of the opening weekend proceeds to the American Cancer Society. It's not unusual for folks to drive a couple hundred miles up or down the banks of the Mississippi from the Twin Cities or Davenport Iowa for a Pete's. Great memories from that place. http://peteshamburgers.com/

I suspect that Gandydancers Burgers taste just about the same. Nothing as good as a steamed or boiled burger. RD
    “A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.”

Thomas Jefferson – Author of the Declaration of Independence and 3rd President of the USA

Boolit Master

We drive up there a couple of times a year. I will have to wait in line this year and see what is going on. I really like that area of Wisconsin. We take the bike or motor home up there. Always something to do. There is a great coffee shop downtown, Pikes Peak state park on the Iowa side, Gays Mills during apple season, Cabelas, gambling on Iowa side, historical buildings, weekend events all the time and the great riding roads all over the place.

Banned

I like the Burgers acros from Starks but man, gut bombs are what I call them.