WidenersRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyLee Precision
Load DataTitan ReloadingInline FabricationRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reloading Press Shellplate LED light System

Boolit Master

I use a clip on LED reading light that is battery powered and has a gooseneck and a shield so you can put the light where needed .Cost a dollar at the second hand store.
    You Know You Might Be Facing your DOOM , if all you get is a click, Instead of a BOOM !

If God had wanted us to have Plastic gun stocks he would have planted plastic Trees !

Vendor Sponsor

Dan: I think your product is developing nicely and I saw it on Ebay.

Did you get much response?

I think you have a good product. Keep at it. Not all prodcuts take off immmediately. You need to maintain a presence, and if you can get picked up by a major catalog you'll do good.

Randy-
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Quote Originally Posted by W.R.Buchanan View Post
    Dan: I think your product is developing nicely and I saw it on Ebay.

Did you get much response?

I think you have a good product. Keep at it. Not all prodcuts take off immmediately. You need to maintain a presence, and if you can get picked up by a major catalog you'll do good.

Randy-
    Hi Randy.

It is doing pretty well. I haven't had any complaints, just happy, satisfied customers. Thank you for the compliment!
    Performance reloading equipment.
    www.Inlinefabrication.com

Boolit Master

IMO ill give you a A+ on your light assy . im 63 now and that means your eyes need more light to see correctly , after trying 2 different battery powdered LED clip on lights with flexable shafts priced from $10.00 to $17.00 each and never being satisfied . i purchased your light set up and im am very happy to find something that works to my compleat satisfaction . after reloading 700 rounds with my new light set up from you.
    I had to trim a about .020 off the 4 shell plate rotating thumb leavers on my dillon 550 to get enough clearance for rotation other than that minor problem all is well ! but perhaps i did not locate the mounting of the light bar exactly right.
    Thanks Bob

Quote Originally Posted by bobthenailer View Post
    IMO ill give you a A+ on your light assy . im 63 now and that means your eyes need more light to see correctly , after trying 2 different battery powdered LED clip on lights with flexable shafts priced from $10.00 to $17.00 each and never being satisfied . i purchased your light set up and im am very happy to find something that works to my compleat satisfaction . after reloading 700 rounds with my new light set up from you.
    I had to trim a about .020 off the 4 shell plate rotating thumb leavers on my dillon 550 to get enough clearance for rotation other than that minor problem all is well ! but perhaps i did not locate the mounting of the light bar exactly right.
    Thanks Bob
    Thanks for the compliment Bob. I am happy that the LED addresses your need. Always nice to hear good things! The fit tolerance on the 550 is veeery tight. It does fit in just the right position.

(That reminds me to revamp the install instruction sheet to mention to do a "dry fit" before removing the back off the adhesive strip)

New Modular LED press lighting systems are now up on the site.

New "Ceiling" kit.

Vendor Sponsor

Gotta tell you your kits are looking real professional.

I definately am going to get one for my SDB's and your new multi light strip with a single power source looks like the right way to go for multiple press set ups. One power source and several light strips.

Plenty of light going on there.

I would talk to Dillon about getting these into their monthly catalog I would think they would jump at the chance to have this product Same with all the other loading tool mfg's.

I think you've got a nice product and I hope you make a million $. Looks like a winner to me!

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Master
    I ordered a set and with my old eyes, this is going to be one
    solid investment !!!!

Boolit Master
    Any chance of getting the pieces to retro fit 2 of the short strips to the LNL?

Just guessing, but I almost think that 2 of the short horizontal strips at the top (one front, one rear) in addition to the long vertical one would be great. With just the single vertical strip, I still find myself using a mini flash light to see in 38/357 cases.

Quote Originally Posted by gefiltephish View Post
    Any chance of getting the pieces to retro fit 2 of the short strips to the LNL?

Just guessing, but I almost think that 2 of the short horizontal strips at the top (one front, one rear) in addition to the long vertical one would be great. With just the single vertical strip, I still find myself using a mini flash light to see in 38/357 cases.
    Sure! We can build whatever we want. PM me with the specifics.

Boolit Mold
    1in9Twist,
    I would like to thank you for the great idea, as I just received my Lee-Pro1000 in December and was looking for a way to brighten that area up. I took your idea and down sized it a bit, using 2- 3.6v LEDs and a 9 volt battery with a resistor in line.
    I also ran across instruction that allow one to change the shell plate without removing the carrier, if any one is interested in those please let me know.

Phil
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Boolit Bub
    what if I want the modular system for my dillon 550?

Quote Originally Posted by toddn84 View Post
    what if I want the modular system for my dillon 550?
    No problem. Just send me a note that you intend to install it on a 550. I substitute the thinner pigtail light.

Actually, very soon they will all be the thinner version as we are going away from the 3M "Dual lock" system.

Boolit Master
    I'm going to have to order one of these for my 550.

I like the idea of lighting it up like a christmas tree. Old joke between my wife and I are the LEDs for ground effects on vehicles. Now a real use for LEDs.

Modular lighting here I come.

r1kk1