Inline FabricationLee PrecisionWidenersRotoMetals2
Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRepackbox
Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: C'mon Sinclare.. Lee does it for 9 bucks

Boolit Buddy
    "Lee sells a bullet proof, simple, rugged, well made, idiot proof decap die..."

Dunno about that; I broke my decapping pin.

Lee sent me two new ones, though. Gratis.

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

Also remember its not truly Sinclair anymore but its owned by Brownells.

Read their business motto regarding retail purchasing.

I dunno, I have bought tools from Harbor Freight that didn't last past the first time I used it or put stress on it. They don't want to exchange it either.
    Never had that problem getting a replacement, but then I've only ever needed to get a Phillips screwdriver replaced, they replaced the whole set, no questions asked.
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

Boolit Master
    I should have titled this : A Fool and His Money.

However, I don't much see paying more for the same tool for something
    as lame as decapping primers makes any sense but ... I don't own Snap
    On Tools and like Craftsman just fine.

I ain't justifying any brand or purchase.

In Remebrance

Quote Originally Posted by Moondawg View Post
    I dunno, I have bought tools from Harbor Freight that didn't last past the first time I used it or put stress on it. They don't want to exchange it either. I am currently using Craftsman tools that are over 50 years old. On wrenches etc. if you can break it, take it back to sears and they will replace it. I am still using a 1/4" Craftsman electric drill that was purchased new in 1953. It still does the job. Cheap isn't always best. Buy cheap and pay twice. Buy quality and pay once.
    HF has a no questions asked replacement policy so far as I know.

BTW- your 1/4 Craftsman drill WAS a cheapy back in '53.

Interesting thread. I note that if somebody bashes Lee stuff in favor of higher price stuff, Lee uses arrive in hoards wanting you to respect their choice. Put the shoe on the other foot, and folks throw stones at Sinclair's higher price stuff.

Human beings are strange critters.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

In Remebrance

It all works within reason CharGar. That's the point I guess. The other part is the whole "tool snob" end of it. That's just irritating.

Quote Originally Posted by Bret4207 View Post
    It all works within reason CharGar. That's the point I guess. The other part is the whole "tool snob" end of it. That's just irritating.
    "within reason"......Ay, there is the rub!
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Boolit Buddy
    There are some folks who will never understand the joy others get when getting by using el-cheapo tools. On the other hand there some of those that don't understand the pride (necessity for professionals) associated with using the very best tool for the job. So let's just get on with life.

Boolit Grand Master
    My feelings thatif you want the "nicer" die from Sinclair then buy it. If the Lee fits our needs, then buy it.

I don't get the pointof complaining that one place sells it for one price and another sells there own for a different price. Is Sinclair bound by some obligation to price match with Lee? Sinclair obviously feels they have a market for a die at their price.

Just buy the darn die you want and get in with life. Isn't really that big a deal?

Boolit Master
    Same as a guy who buys a Land Rover Vs a Chevy

Boolit Man
    To the OP and assorted followers, spoken like true liberals. If its not good for you it can't be good for anyone else, so lets knock it AND those who buy it. I say we force all relaoding companies out of busssines, except for LEE, that will teach them.

Take a step back and look at what your saying, instead of a lee primer insert, healthcare or any other topic being forced down our thoats. another good one, lets hate people with more money than we have, class warfare.

What happened to the America I grew up in, I know people that spend more on lunch than I make in a week, I don't hate them.

Its to the point now where we are knocking each other ( fellow reloaders, shooters,hunters) I get it, Sinclair primer costs four times what a lee does, I have three lee hand primers, that doesnt make the buyer of a sinclair primer a moron, he chose a different brand than I did. I'm just glad WE had the freedom to choose, im glad more than one company is making them, and i'm sure the direction our country is headed, before long we will have alot more to worry about than an overpriced hand primer.

Boolit Buddy
    Fun to read. My bench has red, green and some orange. People subscribe to brand "pressure" differently. Some are willing to pay more equating that to quality directly. Others shop for a price bargain with function. Cadillac made a fortune catering to this trait. Sure, often you get what you pay for. I don't knock either approach and am glad we have choices. We are spoiled here. I remember shopping in central Europe in the early 90's. You could choose from one of about everything. Manufacturer performance changes over time. They all have their ups and downs. Those with more downs, eventually disappear. The marketplace is brutal. So red haters, lighten up. Blue lovers, good for you. While we squabble, the real threats to this aspect of the shooting sports is enjoying the wedge we help create.

Boolit Buddy
    Buy cheap and cry twice. Buy quality and cry once.my dad told me a long time ago.and he was true telling me that.

Boolit Buddy
    Correct spelling is "Sinclair" not "Sinclare". Just in case someone wants to look them up.
    I thought it was spelled "Brownells".

Quote Originally Posted by c3d4b2 View Post
    No... not unless you spelled Smith&Wesson "Bangor Punta" back in the day.

You'd need to know a date of manufacture to know how to spell Bobcat (skidsteer) - it might be "Ingersoll Rand" or "Doosan".

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by hk33ka1 View Post
    I know, even the biggest Lee hater can't deny the value had for $7.98 in this die.
    I'll deny it. I hate Lee's stupid collet, that can never be properly torqued. Their "unbreakable" decapping pins break far more often than people like to admit. And, I absolutely loath the ridiculous excuse for a lock ring/nut, that Lee puts on their dies.

Hornady and RCBS both offer a product with more value. I haven't used Sinclair's, and won't comment on it.

Boolit Buddy
    No... not unless you spelled Smith&Wesson "Bangor Punta" back in the day.
    Brownells purchase Sinclair a few years back. (I use to make a road trip to Fort Wayne to buy my powder and primers.) Brownells purchased Sinclair, closed down the Indiana sales operation and folded the Sinclair goods into their operation in Iowa. Last year at Perry most of the products in the Sinclair store on commercial row had brownell stickers on the boxes.

Check the tabs at the top of the Brownells page. http://www.brownells.com/

Quote Originally Posted by c3d4b2 View Post
    Brownells purchase Sinclair a few years back. (I use to make a road trip to Fort Wayne to buy my powder and primers.) Brownells purchased Sinclair, closed down the Indiana sales operation and folded the Sinclair goods into their operation in Iowa. Last year at Perry most of the products in the Sinclair store on commercial row had brownell stickers on the boxes.

Check the tabs at the top of the Brownells page. http://www.brownells.com/
    I'm well aware of Sinclair selling to Brownell's - my point was many companies are owned or controlled by someone else - and continue to operate under their known name, not the new owner's.

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelHollow View Post
    I'll deny it. I hate Lee's stupid collet, that can never be properly torqued. Their "unbreakable" decapping pins break far more often than people like to admit. And, I absolutely loath the ridiculous excuse for a lock ring/nut, that Lee puts on their dies.

Hornady and RCBS both offer a product with more value. I haven't used Sinclair's, and won't comment on it.
    That is a matter of opinion, and not necessarily everyones elses experience.

Buy cheap and cry twice.
    Not always true, I was witness on a car title a number of years ago for a car that had less that 500 miles on it and sold for $10.00. Yes, thats "TEN" dollars, new car, less than 500 miles, and less than 3 months off the dealer lot.

I'd call that cheap and believe me no one cried about owning that car for 6 years.

I watched a 30 foot cabin cruiser sell for 500 dollars with the trailer, the cruiser was less than 2 years old. Cheap price, I say so, no tears shed there either.

Myself, I purchased a Winchester model 52, in excellent condition, complete with the redfielf sights as it came from the factory, all accessories encluding the sling, hand stop, single shot adapter, 5 rounmd and 10 round magazine, even with the hang tags, cost? A cool $50.00
    Cheap, yup, havent cried yet.

How about a new Sinclair Arbor Press purchased from Sinclair when they were still in New Haven, IN, just outside Fort Wayne, IN, paid $35.00 cash for it at their store, the ones off the shelf were going for $110.00. Cheap, yup again.

Price of an item is not the measure of quality, value is the measure of quality and usefullness.

All depends if folks wish to shop for price and afford quality, mayhap this was why I was a Procurement Officer for one of the largest RV manufactures till I started my own suscessful business.