RotoMetals2MCD ProductsMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
RepackboxTitan ReloadingInline FabricationReloading Everything

Thread: Omen?

Boolit Buddy

Omen?

I was reloading some .45ACP this afternoon on a Lee Classic Turret. Had a few small primer cases mixed in and was culling them out as they came up. Also had some military cases which required a little more pressure to seat.
    One case I could tell was a G.I. when it was primed. I don't know why, but I took it out of the shell-holder and checked for correct seating depth.
    The case was head-stamped F A 32. (Frankford Arsenal) Wow, that's 80 years old. It had been tumbled so it was clean and shiny. I haven't been tumbled and am probably not that clean, but I'm 80 years old too! 6-24-32! I've got the loaded round on my desk just to look at now and then.

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    That's just too cool! Kinda cool actually to find a servicable case of that age.

Finding mine should be easier but so far I haven't seen any 66s.
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Kinda make's a guy wonder........

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    That's just too cool! Kinda cool actually to find a servicable case of that age.

Finding mine should be easier but so far I haven't seen any 66s.
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by gasboffer View Post
    I was reloading some .45ACP this afternoon on a Lee Classic Turret. Had a few small primer cases mixed in and was culling them out as they came up. Also had some military cases which required a little more pressure to seat.
    One case I could tell was a G.I. when it was primed. I don't know why, but I took it out of the shell-holder and checked for correct seating depth.
    The case was head-stamped F A 32. (Frankford Arsenal) Wow, that's 80 years old. It had been tumbled so it was clean and shiny. I haven't been tumbled and am probably not that clean, but I'm 80 years old too! 6-24-32! I've got the loaded round on my desk just to look at now and then.
    I think you should frame that in a shadow box and hang it over your fire place. OOOps if you tried that, you probably wouldn't make it to 81. Hang it in your shop.

First reload: .22 Hornet. 1956.
    More at: http://reloadingtips.com/

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the
    government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    - Henry Ford