Titan ReloadingInline FabricationWidenersSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Lee Precision

Thread: I need a larger Billy club.

Banned

I need a larger Billy club.

I got a call about the SRH I sold a friend. It was locked up. I knew what he did FOR THE SECOND TIME!
    I told him what to do but he drove a long way to bring me the gun.
    A boolit half into the rifling.
    Brass rod fixed it. I pulled the boolit and NO POWDER.
    He blew a .41 like that when a boolit stuck in the bore.
    I need to beat him silly with a loading block I guess.
    Then he brought his 1911 with some bullets he bought. 1 or 2 shots and the gun would fail to feed. I asked why he keeps using junk that won't work.
    I need to confiscate his loading press!

Boolit Grand Master
    Some people just need to shoot factory ammo.

Boolit Master

Talking

44man, maybe you need to get the blown 41 from him and make a bench/conversation piece out of it and have him put it next to his powder measure.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Highwall View Post
    44man, maybe you need to get the blown 41 from him and make a bench/conversation piece out of it and have him put it next to his powder measure.
    Ruger was so good that they replaced it for him at their cost. He has a brand new one.
    A sledge hammer above him would be better!

Boolit Grand Master
    A cattle prod would be more shocking...

Robert

Boolit Master

Talking

It sounds like he is SHARP LIKE A MARBLE.

people like that usually get other people hurt becouse they did somethine STUPID D Crockett

Boolit Master

I have a few thoughts , as to what his IQ is

But this forum is not the proper place to call him a dim witt

John
    Yea, thou I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me; Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me.
    And I carry a LOADED Hell Cat

South of the north pole in the land of the falling waters
    Just have him put his hand between the ram and whatever die you have in the press at the time . Once you have his attention remind him that what he's feeling is just a reminder to do the right thing .

My brothers wife ruined a five screw S&W by sticking several bullets in the barrel until it locked up

Jack

Longwood
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Stanley View Post

My brothers wife ruined a five screw S&W by sticking several bullets in the barrel until it locked up

Jack
    Gotta love it.
    His WIFE ruined it!
    I wonder who loaded the ammo?
    It sounds to me that someone is passing the buck.

South of the north pole in the land of the falling waters
    Actually , little brother was good at buying really nice guns then feeding them with the cheapest stuff he could find on a gunshow table . After realizing he had a bulge in the barrel that looked like a snake that swallowed a mouse he brought the gun an ammo to me to see if I could fix it . There was not fixing the barrel , when I pulled down the remaining three dozen rounds . Most of the ammo had a charge to small for a 38 S&W and a couple didn't have any powder .

My fix was to try and talk brother into staying away from anyones reloads . The buck got passed I am sure of that , but he did stop being so cheap on ammo .

Jack

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Stanley View Post
    Actually , little brother was good at buying really nice guns then feeding them with the cheapest stuff he could find on a gunshow table . After realizing he had a bulge in the barrel that looked like a snake that swallowed a mouse he brought the gun an ammo to me to see if I could fix it . There was not fixing the barrel , when I pulled down the remaining three dozen rounds . Most of the ammo had a charge to small for a 38 S&W and a couple didn't have any powder .

My fix was to try and talk brother into staying away from anyones reloads . The buck got passed I am sure of that , but he did stop being so cheap on ammo .

Jack
    A good lesson here.
    I will shoot my friends guns with his loads and my loads but I will never shoot his in my guns.

Longwood
    Quote Originally Posted by 44man View Post
    A good lesson here.
    I will shoot my friends guns with his loads and my loads but I will never shoot his in my guns.
    I won't even shoot another guys loads in "his" guns. The last time I did it, on the third round the Vaquero nearly jumped out of my hands. It had been double loaded I am sure. I was surprised that it did not crack the cylinder.
    Last edited by Longwood; 06-16-2011 at 05:18 PM.

I've heard that some chefs shouldn't cook.

Quote Originally Posted by 44man View Post
    A good lesson here.
    AMEN!!! I learned the hard way on loading for a "friend" a couple years ago.
    A guy I knew at work bought a really nice used 5.5" redhawk in .44 mag and asked if I would load him a couple boxes of ammo for it. I told him to give me the gun and I would work up a load or two for it and THEN I would hold the recipe and load some for him from time to time. No problem, right? He shows up on my doorstep one morning saying that I owe him a new gun, cause my "hot" loads blew his pistol up. (AA#9 + Lee 310 + std primer=1080fps; far from hot) So I asked where the gun was and he brought it in the house. He didnt even unload the pistol- when I got the cylinder open, I IMMEDIATELY told him that those were not my loads and he was full of #$%^. He insisted that they were, until I took him to my loading bench and showed him that I didnt have ONE SINGLE PIECE of remington 44 brass anywhere. He finally fessed up to buying some cheap **** at a gunshow. He figured either I would buy him a new gun or give him one of mine. Needless to say, we dont talk anymore.
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far"
    Theodore Roosevelt

Make it a rule that i don't reload for anyone but myself and my best friend and shoot the run of reloads thru my gun first and then he shoots it thru his. Been loading for long time and so many folks always ask how about loading me some? Nope, I respond but will let you reload them yourself on my machine and help you but not reloading them for you and if by some chance something happens can't blame me. WE all make mistakes i bought some cheap reloads once and never again because they were loaded by either someone that didn't know what he was doing or a chimp eating a banana.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by songdog53 View Post
    Make it a rule that i don't reload for anyone but myself and my best friend and shoot the run of reloads thru my gun first and then he shoots it thru his. Been loading for long time and so many folks always ask how about loading me some? Nope, I respond but will let you reload them yourself on my machine and help you but not reloading them for you and if by some chance something happens can't blame me. WE all make mistakes i bought some cheap reloads once and never again because they were loaded by either someone that didn't know what he was doing or a chimp eating a banana.
    Yes, I trust ME and those I show by hands on at my bench. I do not fear Whitworths or Biomans loads and they do not fear mine. Both have loaded long before I met them and I would never fear what they ever did. It has been this way from the beginning when everyone I knew did it right.
    Some whacko with a new progressive that pumps out a thousand to make money and has no self respect are the ones to avoid.
    There are still the guys that I can't get through to. I explain every single thing to them yet they continue to scare me. Come and shoot and your guns get your loads, mine get mine.

Boolit Grand Master

A fellow I worked with decided he was going to sell reloads. Bought Bullseye for handguns, Reloader 7 for long guns. Used the same amount of powder in a case with different bullet weights!
    One of the guys that bought his ammo had a Remington 700 in 30-06 weld a case to the bolt.!