Lee PrecisionWidenersTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
RepackboxRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Inline Fabrication
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Explain your avatar and name.

My name "Frozen Chosen" is because of a saying I have that goes like this; "I'm one of the few, proud, FROZEN CHOSEN, that have the honor of being one of Alaska's finest". I've been in the interior of Alaska 35 years and 40 below used to be our cold weather cut off for playing in the woods, so often we would say my signature. My picture which I can't always get to work as my avatar, is a black wolf I recently trapped. By the way, I just caught his girlfriend this morning!
    "Hell, it's only 30 below, let's go anyway"

I know this is an older thread but I just saw it and thought it was neat.....

Well...Az=where I live
    Jim=my name
    Avatar=William Wallace; Scottish patriot, freedom fighter, defender against tyranny. I am of Scottish decendence and I like the movie Braveheart
    FREEEEEEEEDOMM the quote from the end of the movie where Wallace is being dissemboweled
    "You believe these people exist to provide you with position, I believe your position exists to provide these people with FREEDOM"

FREEEEEEEEDOMM-William Wallace

Well since it's been given new life. Gew98... my collectign passion the gewehr 1898 rifle of pre 1919 vintage. My avatar... buttstock of my 1911 Enfield made SMLE with the disc marked to the Kings Royal Rifles. And yes it is matching and it's condition is exemplary and she shoots like a dream.
    No , I did not read that in a manual or stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.... it's just the facts Ma'am.

What's the difference between a pig and an Engineer ?
    You can argue with the Pig.

Boolit Master

John Wayne has always been a hero to me above all other cowboys. He was always kind of "what you see is what you get". Nothing phony!

Ken

My first post! I'm not too original. Lead guy- I use lead and my body shape resembles a lead sinker

Avatar- consider myself a patriot and the picture was pretty cool

Still working on a signature

Boolit Buddy
    WEll, my Avitar is the Duke, always one of favorites along with Hoppy, and Roy. My real name backwards. Wildman was a great name to life up to when I was a kid, now I find it more difficult than I ever thought it would be...
    Jack
    When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.
    “The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.

Thomas Jefferson was one Smart guy. Now we need to find another one!!!
    NRA Life member since 1971, SASS
    Ret. IAFF Local 2928

Boolit Master
    have never gotten involved with forums, so when I wanted to find a mold for 6.5 and wished to post a wtb, I figured the name was a throwaway.

Dr because "I didn't spend six years in evil graduate school to be called mister."
    B for my last name.

No avatar picture as I haven't found one that I think interesting enough to bother with.

Boolit Buddy Carolina Cast Bullets's Avatar
    Mine is easy. I am in South Carolina and I cast bullets, both for my own use and for sale to others. Been doing it in one way or another since th 70's. Cant see a reason to stop now. Avatar is my favorite boolit, my 230 grain TC Lee TL. Works for me and many others

As to signature, more or less self explanatory.

Jerry
    Carolina Cast Bullets
    Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional ! ! !

Moderator Emeritus

Trey45, Trey is my name, 45 is my favorite caliber.
    Picture is because I HATE spammers and completely enjoy crushing them under my spam hammer. DEATH TO SPAMMERS!
    My signature should be pretty straight forward and easy to understand.
    Give us this day our daily lead.

Sic Semper Tyrannis.

If you don't want 1984 you're going to need some 1776.
    WWGWD

Mine is Altheating.
    I own a company called Alternative Heating Solutions, specializing in outdoor and indoor wood boilers and furnaces. Mostly gasification style now days.

Grouvolk Bruno von Gruff is the stud name for a very important member of our family. He is a Miniture Schnauser and a best friend. His name is my screen name on this and the other forums I visit. This is him at 12 months old. He is now 6.

Sig line is what I hunt with.

Von Gruff.
    Von Gruff.

Exodus 20:1-17

Acts 4:10-12

Boolit Master

My brother came up with my e-mail address, so my handle is simply a modification of that; I like guns and everything related (that's why I joined the Army infantry!), and I am something of a nerd. Current avatar is me in my den in front of my computer (pic is a webcam snapshot), and my sig line is the truth and my endeavor.
    Lead Forever!

The 2nd amendment was never intended to allow private citizens to 'keep and bear arms.' If it had, there would have been wording such as 'the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. -Ken Konecki, July 27, 1992

John Galt was here.

"Politics is the art of postponing an answer until it is no longer relevant". (From the movie 'Red Tails')

Boolit Master

I have not put in a avatar yet but Firefly was my CB handle since about "72".
    When I think back on all the **** I learned in high school it's a wonder I can think at all ! And then my lack of education hasn't hurt me none I can read the writing on the wall.

My avatar is of me and my Blue Roan Appaloosa, I've had him for many years and he's been my main riding horse and a good boy. In all the hard places we've been together, he never, ever, quit on me. He just turned twenty-five a few months ago and has been "retired" for a couple years now. I'm writting this because today as he was running with the other horses he just fell over dead. I'm assuming it was his heart, of which his was huge..gonna miss him. Burial is tomorrow..

I will not be changing my avatar...
    Last edited by 1bluehorse; 06-12-2011 at 08:28 PM. Reason: add picture

Moderator Emeritus

I've always used JonB_in_Glencoe or JonB_in_MN
    for the many many forums I visit.
    I have chose to not try to make an Alias...just use my name.
    Jon B. is my name.
    In the past, many forums didn't offer a Location ID.
    Since, I am always curious as to where people are from,
    Out of courtesy, I worked my location into my user name.
    I live in Glencoe, Minnesota.

"Seinfeld" is one of my favoite TV shows,
    I often quote lines and/or scenes from episodes.
    Although I look may look more like Newman.
    Kramer has become my alter ego.
    WHY ? ...it's kind of a long story...I'll make it short.
    I brew my own beer.
    I belong to a homebrew club.
    The club has a website and a forum: jackofallbrews.org
    members of my Homebrew club find it difficult
    to understand how I can "get by" financially without a full time Job,
    and not only get by, but actually live large, in my own way.
    much like Kramer...so they started calling me Kramer.

I try to change my signature line once in a while,
    in fact this one is getting old.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

My handle came from my first highpower rifle, a Madsen model 47 that I bought at a yard sale for $185. My avatar is me shooting one of my 92/96 Krag rifles in a CBA benchrest match. My signature I picked up because I was a nutrition w/biological science major in the 90s, and Thomas Jefferson is my favorite founding father. Most of you have no idea what the stuff you're putting into yourself is doing to you, nor do those who are supposed to. An example, have you read a bread label lately. Most all you can buy has this stuff called azidocarbamide in it, it's been banned in several countries. It's the same stuff used to make foam rubber expand before it's baked. Can't wait for the yeast to work, got to shove those loaves in the oven quick. Another example: Here in the US, Omega 6 fatty acids are being pushed as heart healthy because of their anti-inflammatory effect. In Europe though, the Omega 6s are suspected of causing colon cancer. I also dabble in herbal medicine. Recently there's been an explosion of research in that area, trying to find herbals effective against bacteria that have developed immunity to govt approved antibiotics.
    "If people let the government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny."

-Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Master
    I'm not very imaginative. I just copied what is said on my drivers license.
    To lazy to do an avatar

Love Life
    My screen name is what it is because at the time I joined the forum I was having a wonderful time and figured I love life. So it is what I put. It is a bit odd and can be taken different ways, but I have grown used to it.

My avatar is a picture of me and my buddies on 2007. We just got done with a pretty hairy deployment to Ar Ramadi, Iraq from September 2006-May 2007. We were celebrating our survival by stuffing our faces with a gross amount of food from the Mcdonalds in camp Victory Kuwait, or is it Camp Virginia now?

My signature is the quote that I live my life by, and it stands true.

Boolit Master

My screen name is one of my favorite all time cars ( 1969 Dodge Daytona), Currently restoring one in my garage.
    My Avatar is two of the cars I have restored and drive all the time, 1939 Packard V12 7 passenger touring and a 1940 Packard 180 Super Eight, was the show car for the 1939 worlds fair in San Francisco. These cars represent what was good in America before and after WW2, Now days the only thing that reminds me of the pride in America is our Armed Forces.

Boolit Master

Canyon-ghost

I use the screen name of canyon-ghost. It was originally an e-mail address and profile from the old Yahoo 360 blogs. When I first used it, it connected to a lady in California and I had to ask permission to have the name. There was a significant romantic story about the Grand Canyon behind it.

I wanted it because our range is really in the bottom of a canyon, only in Texas. I take care of the place sometimes. The avatar is one of the first big bore Contenders (anything besides rimfire qualifies) that I put together to shoot there. I think it may be the 22 Hornet match barrel and 4-12AO Leupold VXII.
    In all, the .41 Magnum would be one of my top choices for an all-around handgun if I were allowed to have only one. - Bart Skelton