Titan ReloadingWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
Inline FabricationLee PrecisionRepackboxLoad Data
RotoMetals2

Thread: Neat Old Pacific MESUR-KIT Portable Powder Measure.

Neat Old Pacific MESUR-KIT Portable Powder Measure.

I saw this on Gun Broker and thought it was neat. I won it for the starting bid of $8.00. It's complete in the box with the original charge table and instructions. Theres no powder in the can that I can see, might never have been used.

Operation is simple enough, put powder in the can and screw on the charge arm. Set the graduation on the charge tube according to the Charge Table. The charge tube is basically just like an old black powder powder measures.

To dispense a powder charge, Invert the can, slip the charge tube in the charge arm, slide the charge arm over and shake the can a bit. Release the charge arm (its spring loaded). Pull the charge tube out of the arm and dump the powder into a primed and sized case.

I am going to throw some loads with it and weigh them just to see how accurate it is.

Anyone used one of these? What can you tell me about it?
    Last edited by Ziptar; 04-06-2011 at 06:31 PM.

Boolit Bub
    I had one if those back in 74-75 when I first started loading pistol ammo. It worked great for somebody on a budget.At times you would get some powder leaking between the two halfes if you didn't keep the nut somewhat tight. thanks for the trip down memory lane!

Boolit Master
    I have an old Herters bench mounted powder measure that uses a powder can in a similar manner. The threaded section is a seperate piece from the casting and is just a cheap stamping. It is hinged to the castingso that it can be turned to allow the can to be attached or removed without spilling the powder. The stamping is rather flimsy and easily bent.
    This idea may or may not have had some merit but Herters version certainly leaves room for a lot of improvement.
    Neil

Quote Originally Posted by bobo55 View Post
    I had one if those back in 74-75 when I first started loading pistol ammo. It worked great for somebody on a budget.At times you would get some powder leaking between the two halfes if you didn't keep the nut somewhat tight. thanks for the trip down memory lane!

On a budget is right!

I was just looking at the included instruction sheet. It's not the Charge Table for the MESUR-KIT, it's actually the "PAKIT Reloading Tool Charge Tube Number Chart". It states that the MESUR-KIT is designed to work with the PAKIT reloading tool.

$6.95.... Amazing....
    Last edited by Ziptar; 04-07-2011 at 10:42 AM.

In Remebrance

Looks like it works like some of my black powder measures. Give it a try!