Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxRotoMetals2
Load DataTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyWideners
Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heavy 10mm bullet

Here is the review I wrote on the 2 Wilson Combat Hunter pistols.
    http://ezine.m1911.org/WCHunter_frame.htm
    My firearms review site. http://rangehot.com/

Boolit Man
    Here is one that is listed as 210gr from NEI that looks good. Evidently you can order these with or without gas check. I wonder how heavy it would actually be in WW.

akraven

Boolit Man
    Hunter
    What have you come up with for bullets? akraven

I used Hornady 180 and 200gr JHPs for the review along with some factory rounds.

Boolit Man
    I was asking if you found any heavier bullets/mold that you tried yet? Thanks akraven

Sorry.
    My review was over before i could get a mold for the 10mm.

Boolit Man
    Oh well. I was hoping you find the perfect bullet.mold and had some good load data to match. akraven

It ain't over yet. I am looking to deal with Wilson Combat to keep the 10mm and continue to experiment.
    If I can afford the pistol I will keep it.

Boolit Man
    Well good luck. That would be a heck of a gun to have! akraven

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by yondering View Post
    FYI, Double Tap's 200gr WFN is made by Beartooth Bullets, and sold for a pretty reasonable price. I've ordered from them with good success. You can check with the owner, Marshal Stanton, on lead times, either by email or on his forum (shootersforum.com).
    Ressurected from the past. The beartooth catalog lists the subject bullet as .32 meplat and as a FN, not a WFN. Doesn't appear to have the bulk in the nose that double tap shows in their pictures. Can anyone say with certainty that the 10mm bullet at beartooths website is the double tap cast 200 grain WFNGC?

Banned

Balliisticast makes a 220 turnacute nosed mold.

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by joecool911 View Post
    Ressurected from the past. The beartooth catalog lists the subject bullet as .32 meplat and as a FN, not a WFN. Doesn't appear to have the bulk in the nose that double tap shows in their pictures. Can anyone say with certainty that the 10mm bullet at beartooths website is the double tap cast 200 grain WFNGC?
    I have to agree they sure don't look like the same one. I think at one time Dillon may have made them. I also tried to find out where the 220 gr bullets came from without much luck. If you do find out please post.

Boolit Bub
    Check out accuratemolds.com, Tom can make what you want at a very reasonable price.

Boolit Bub

Quote Originally Posted by WickedGoodOutdoors View Post
    What exactally would be a "woods defense round" If your lookinig at the typical NewEnglands woods defense I suggest somthing that will take down a pissed off Cow Moose at 30 yrds when she desideds that you are are a threat to her calf.

ie: 230 Grains Solid Nose with lots of expasion.
    Around here, a "woods defense round" would be for hogs that decided to head *towards* you after you had shot them with your rifle.

I think I read that DT used to buy Beartooth bullets, but later began to manufacture their own. Considering the years this thread spans, it may very well be the case.

Boolit Mold
    What do you think about Speer gold loaded with 200 grain HP that I get purchased from Rocky Mountain Reloading pulled bullets he said that he has never ever seen them in 200 grain Gold Dot loads, I don’t know where he got them but he only had 9000 I purchased 2000. I think I may get close to the original Norma Loadings, I will conduct my Ballistic test to see what I get for maximum & penetration & post the result does anybody recommend a recipe I was thinking 1.260 OAL X800 or blue using 350 mag primers? is nice to know that I have 2000 gold dots to play with & get rught i hear 200 grian 100 are not all that in preformance I want to change that?

Boolit Master
    I had Tom at AccurateMolds design this one for my S&W 610 revolvers.

40-215G:

Jerry
    S&W .38/44 Outdoorsman Accumulator

I had Dan at mountainmolds make me a 230gr LFNGC 3 cavity mould. I stopped at 1100 fps using a STI 10MM- 6" barrel.
    I posted data in the reloading section over at 10MM- firearms.com.
    I also bought 1000 of the 200gr GDHP .Looking forward to testing them in wetpack.

Sean

Boolit Grand Master
    Since those 2008-vintage posts, I've run some RCBS 200 grain truncated-cone boolits to 1200 FPS in my S&W with zero wear and tear, more than 800 count of that loading level using Blue Dot, AA-7, and AA-9/WC-820 powders. I have 30 of these set aside and loaded with BruceB Softpoints, and these have gone along in several deer hunts in CA's D-14 zone (where DFW doesn't cuddle condors as much as in Kern and Tulare Counties).
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.