WidenersLoad DataReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication Repackbox

Thread: SIG P250 in .45 ACP

Boolit Master

SIG P250 in .45 ACP

My goal of selling off my guns seems to be side-tracked again. I put an Omega muzzle loader with an Omega scope that I just couldn't warm up to on consignment at the local shop. It sat there through deer season and when I went to pick it up today the owner offered a new P250 (with only one mag) as a straight across trade. I'm more of a SIG fan than a .45 fan, (heresy), but I'm surprised that no one has posted anything here with "P250" that I could find by searching. No one has one of these? No opinions on them? That kinda stuff worries me - though I'm not sure why.
    "The possession of arms is the distinction between a freeman and a slave."
    James Burgh, Political Disquisitions, 1774

Cast Boolits Founder/B.O.B.

seems those aren't california compliant,, kinda wish I had one now!
    Boolits= as God laid it into the soil,,grand old Galena,the Silver Stream graciously hand poured into molds for our consumption.

Bullets= Machine made utilizing Full Length Gas Checks as to provide projectiles for the masses.

http://www.cafepress.com/castboolits

castboolits@gmail.com

Boolit Master

Jim,

Go to the SIG forum, should be lot's o' data there. It's a .45, it's a SIG, how bad could it be?

I'm trying to ignore, because I consider you a friend, that comment about your not being a .45 fan. Must be feeling under the weather, yea, that's it I'm sure.

Cat
    Cogito, ergo armatum sum.

(I think, therefore I'm armed.)

I am a die hard 1911 fan, at least I was till I traded for a p220. Now, it is my go to carry piece.
    45 AUTO! Because having to shoot someone twice is just silly!

By the looks of the handgun and what I've read it looks like a great option. As I'm not into muzzle-loaders much I can't say as it's a fair straight-across trade but it sounds good to me. I shoot a .45 and I love the caliber but if you're not a .45 fan then I guess there are other options out there.
    I say go for it though. It's a Sig, it's not like you'll be disappointed in it at all!
    In a crisis you don't rise to the occasion but rather default to your level of training!

Forgiveness is between them and God, it's my job to arrange the meeting.
    -John W. Creasy (Man on Fire)

The more people I meet, the more I trust my bird dogs. They're loyal and know when to keep their mouths shut!

P250 - I have a buddy with the small compact 40 cal version - DAO - shoots ok I like the feel of my P225 better but his is smaller with a bigger boolit so I guess that's a plus - neat feature is the "gun" is the trigger sub-assembly so you can order a new frame/slide and have a completely different weapon all on one 4473 registration - bad part is they charge a lot for that set of new parts - almost bought one - they had a camo version in 9mm with a theaded barrel - only problem was all my other guns threaded 1/2x38 this was LH 13 or 13.5 metric threaded barrel so nothing worked with what I already owned - oh well. know your market.

Hopefully you did the trade as they wanted a wad of money for the one I looked at.

Boolit Grand Master
    The P-250 in its 9mm attire is legal for purchase in CA. After that, ya get to buy all the action-figure bolt-ons and caliber options. Reminds ya of an AR-15 just a mite.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Man

I bought one a few months ago.

The price was $400 out the door with tax. Wouldn't have given it a second look if it wasn't for the price.

It said SIG on it, so I figured how bad could it be?

Out of the box it wouldn't feed my "go to" load of 185g Nosler C/C's. The same load that feeds in everything else I have in 45 ACP.

I played around with OAL, still couldn't get it to feed.

Went to Cabela's and bought some factory loads, the only one that fed was Winchester white box FMJ's.

Ordered a replacement magazine, no change.

Called SIG, they said it was the magazine and offered to sell me one or exchange the ones I had.

I'd had it at that point, traded it to a SIG "Master Dealer" with problems disclosed for something that worked.

I've bought a Crossbreed holster for it before I decided it wasn't worth carrying - I'll sell it right if you buy one and have good luck with it.
    Last edited by fireball168; 02-05-2011 at 04:43 PM.

Boolit Master
    Have 250 Sig 45 acp. It is my carry gun. It takes some getting use to DAO. but ideal for carry.Feeds 230 cast 200 cast 210 cast HP. All round nose. i use a "Smartcarry: system to carry, i can carry in jogging /sweat pants even shorts

Boolit Grand Master

"action-figure bolt-ons"

Bill
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Boolit Master

Made the trade. Kinda like the way it sits in my hand - now to get it to the range and see if I can develop a fondness for the .45.
    "The possession of arms is the distinction between a freeman and a slave."
    James Burgh, Political Disquisitions, 1774

If you ever need it for a serious social encounter, you will love the 45ACP!
    45 AUTO! Because having to shoot someone twice is just silly!