Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Molten Maniacs in the Great Mitten

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by BigboreShooter View Post
    Middle of the mitten.

BigBoreShooter
    St. Louis?

Born and raised in Ithaca, also in the middle of the mitten.

I'm new to casting and none of my friends cast so most of them look at me like I'm some sort of weirdo. Then again maybe the casting has nothing to so with that.........

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wiley View Post
    Winelover -

That must be Hamtramck?
    Give that man a cigar!

Winelover

I'm in Jackson County

Boolit Mold
    Not casting yet but learning everything I can first. Living near the State Capital. Working in the big D.

Banned
    How many have a CPL? Carry? Openly?

I practice all 3 daily. And nightly.

Boolit Buddy
    I'm smack dab in the teh thumb

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by stainless1911 View Post
    How many have a CPL? Carry? Openly?

I practice all 3 daily. And nightly.
    CPL and carry when I can. I only open carry when working around the homestead.

Banned
    good man

In Remembrance

Stainless1911. That would be the old Vernor estate, now state land. The problem I hear about the pit is the people shooting full auto then scooting before the county mounties can show up. Sunday morning "Rambo`s" don`t help the honest respectful shooter`s image either. Yes the trash is a problem to say the least after people shoot up doors, appliances and about any other trash they drag in there and leave when they`re done. I haven`t shot there is many years and probably never will again, got my own range.Robert

Boolit Buddy

The big mitten.

Born in Ludington, lived near Scottville about 20 years, moved to Hillsdale for 3, Vandercook Lake for about 10, now live near Litchfield. Been casting since about 1965.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by felix View Post
    Do any of you good MI folks live in/around Cherry country? Specifically, a canning operation? Reason: need several cases of nbr 7 can size (15 oz), water packed. Prices around here are off the scale, anywhere from 2.50 on up per can. Insanity, even for the best tasting fruit to me. I typically eat a can in one sitting. ... felix
    Yup, Traverse City area is well known, however we have some cherries here too, mostly grapes, apples, peaches, tons of blueberries, in fact there is a Welch's plan in Lawton, just south of Paw Paw, most tart cherries around here are frozen, that's how I usually buy them too. The big cherry farm we had only 4 miles from me had it's last season about 5 years ago, too bad, good old orchard too.
    Will that work?If not I'll check around Felix. Fruit crop got hit hard here this year, late frost, but I'll do some digging around.

Boolit Grand Master
    Formerly Dearborn Heights, now stuck in CA til I can retire and afford to go some place rational. Cast my first bullet in a neighbors garage in Dearborn, just about 41 years ago.
    Sigh, tempus has sure fugitted.

Boolit Buddy

Jailer

Jailer,
    North of Breckenridge!

BigBoreShooter

Boolit Buddy
    From a retired Mi State Trooper, the pit is allowed to have class 3 shoots and there are a few clubs that shoot there. The DNR did a nice job of cleaning the place up and it really has been kept alot cleaner. The only thing I don't care for is the guy and his wife that picks up the trash. He likes to collect as much brass as he can. He walks out past the firing line or picks brass at people's feet as they're shooting. I've told him a few times to leave my brass alone. His wife just screams that it's her brass. We just take a few garbage bags with us when we go and fill them up.
    The Port Huron Game Area has the Ditch to shoot at but it's not set-up as well as the Pit.

Stainless1911,

About 5 miles from the pit. I shoot at the Lapeer Sportsmens club instead. Drop me a note sometime and we can meet over at Tim Hortons for a Coffee.

AJ

Just found this thread and have enjoyed the read. Clint here in Grand ledge just west of the capital. the idea came to mind as i read ( we should get to gather this spring for a cast &bull shoot! ) with this in mind i will see if my club will let us use the range. Chief Okemos Sportman Club Dimondale (25,50,100,200yds covered firing line) Clint

Boolit Man

I'm in Vestaburg, grew up in Riverdale and Alma.

Banned

Nice thing about Michigan, all the casters in the state could have a big get-together somewhere in the middle and nobody would have to drive more than three hours!

In Texas, we drive three hours to buy groceries, and if I were to visit DLC up in the panhandle it would be about a ten hour drive due North, and any of our members in the RGV are about seven hours to the South!

Gear

Boolit Master on Heavens Range
    Yeah, HL, do check around for cherry "deals", and thanks. It seems they are non-existent anymore because of all the trees being taken up. I can remember in the 50's there were tons of trees in Door County WI, which is just across the big lake from Traverse City. It seems the Mormons have taken over the crop and moved them to UT big time over the years. OR and WA have taken their share too from WI especially. Anyway, that's the word on the produce street. Who really knows. ... felix
    felix

Quote Originally Posted by geargnasher View Post
    Nice thing about Michigan, all the casters in the state could have a big get-together somewhere in the middle and nobody would have to drive more than three hours!

In Texas, we drive three hours to buy groceries, and if I were to visit DLC up in the panhandle it would be about a ten hour drive due North, and any of our members in the RGV are about seven hours to the South!

Gear
    Are you kidding? 5.5 hours to The Bridge. Those mitten people always ferget about us Yoopers.