Load DataTitan ReloadingRepackboxLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Snyders Jerky

Thread: 451 L.L. Parker mold, info please

Boolit Mold

451 L.L. Parker mold, info please

Hi,

Can anyone tell me about a L.L. Parker mold that is marked 451 with a 2 underneath? See pictures at end of posting.

It looks like a paper-patched bullet but for what, a Volunteer Rifle or a .45-70 or some other caliber inbetween?

Any info about this mold and the maker would be greatly appreciated.

Another mold not pictured is a L.L. Parker mold marked 451 with a 1 underneath. It is a straight cylinder diameter with a hollow base pin. Any info about that mold would be appreciated as well.

Thanks,
    helenajoe
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 451 2 - LL Parker mold.jpg   451 outside Parker mold.jpg  

Boolit Master
    Looks like a bullet mold for paper patched bullets. Could be for a 451 caliber volunteer rifle or a gibbs. Have not heard a l.l.parker. Frank

Boolit Grand Master
    No info about your mold, but a .451" slug would make a pretty fine .459"-.460" PP boolit for a 45-70 all right, assuming use of 9# bond. My Ruger #1's STEEP leade angle doesn't get along with paper patches at all, and it shoots too well with regular castings to re-cut the throat. Paper patching has some real positives going for it when it comes to hunting--very soft lead at high velocity does BAD THINGS to critters, a thing the patched round ball hunters know well.

11 shopping days until deer season.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

I've been looking for a pp mould. If you decide you don't really want/need it, PM me and we can deal.
    R J Talley
    Teacher/James Madison Fellow