Lee PrecisionMCD ProductsRepackboxTitan Reloading
Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stevens 200 into a 358 Win build slow lol.

Stevens 200 into a 358 Win build UPDATE. GOT IT :o)

The action will be from a Short Action Stevens 200 with a 20in Shaw Mag Contour 358 Winchester Barrel 1-14 twist with all metal parts Duracoated Titanium Silver in a BOYD's FT Thumb Hole stock. The stock will be a bit wild lol. It is called Harvest. The stock will have pillars installed and bedded to the action.

I decided to throw in my own touch and make my own handle. It screws on so if I decide to change it I simply make another. .

And the barrel cut down to 20 inches for the Stevens 200 build. It is next to the stock that I was originally going to use for the build but it is for a Marlin XS-7 and with the problems they have had I scraped the idea and went with the Stevens 200 action.

It will be slow but if anyone is interested I will keep the thread updated as things move along?
    Last edited by JesterGrin_1; 03-26-2012 at 02:43 AM.
    If one sits in thundering quiet the soul dies slow instead of yell to the heavens for all to hear and behold the righteous and upstanding and ones of which should be held with tales of woe. By C.A.S. <--- Thats Me lol.

Your going to paint that stock over right? It looks like something the indian from the "Villiage People" would cherish.

Nope I am not going to paint it lol. I thought it would stand out just a wee bit lol.

If one sits in thundering quiet the soul dies slow instead of yell to the heavens for all to hear and behold the righteous and upstanding and ones of which should be held with tales of woe. By C.A.S. <--- Thats Me lol.

Boolit Buddy
    I like the laminated stock,had a red white and blue laminated from Boyds for a 10-22 for awhile. Have made up three PD rifles with Stevens 200 actions and stainless fluted barrels and bull barrel Savage laminated stocks in 204, 243, 17 Remington. Just worked over the triggers with some polishing and made new trigger springs from spring steel wire.

Seeing this rifle start off makes me feel like Dancing a Jig lol.
    Last edited by JesterGrin_1; 08-04-2011 at 01:58 AM.

I am anxious to see more as you progress. I think I'm going with a Boyd's thumbhole for my Savage 110 build. Just have to see what barrel I end up with. I believe I want to keep it as a .243, but with a heavier barrel.

Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by Armorer View Post
    I am anxious to see more as you progress. I think I'm going with a Boyd's thumbhole for my Savage 110 build. Just have to see what barrel I end up with. I believe I want to keep it as a .243, but with a heavier barrel.

Armorer
    If you are going to stay with a .243 you may wish to look into the AI version.

A bit of an Update on the Slow Build lol.

You picked a great caliber in the 358 Winchester round. One of my favorites. Hope you are building it with cast boolits in mind. I do like the camo laminated stock better though.
    This country has gone to hell but now there is hope for us.

Quote Originally Posted by hicard View Post
    You picked a great caliber in the 358 Winchester round. One of my favorites. Hope you are building it with cast boolits in mind. I do like the camo laminated stock better though.
    I have no idea how it will shoot cast BOOLITS. It is a Shaw Heavy Mag contour barrel 1-14 twist and cut to 20 in long. So I hope it shoots cast. But if not it is still a good round.

As for the Stock I like it plus I will probably not see another one since it was a limited run. And did I mention I like it lol.

The Forest Camo is nice as well. I just wanted to be different.

I like the colorful stock also jester.
    Have three in nutmeg in my case. That’s’ enough of that color.

Thank You Gabby. My 35 Whelen has the Pepper Boyd's Thumb Hole.

And I have to say I agonized over which stock to get for this one.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Gimmick.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Started as a Steven's 200 7mm-08 Center Feed then an Adams and Bennett barrel made by Shaw was purchased in 358 Winchester that was shortened to 20 inches with a Target Crown then all the parts were Bead Blasted and the gun was Duracoated with Titanium Silver. The Action Lugs were Trued and lapped and Blueprinted. Trigger was completely reworked and was set at 1 Pound 12 Ounces average. The BOYD'S Thumb Hole Stock in there limited Harvest had Pillars added and the action Saddles were Squared. The Stock was Bedded with Bedrock bedding.

The Scope and Rings will not remain. As the builder wishes to fire a few rounds through it to check his handiwork.

Not sure what I will put on it as of yet for a scope.

Quote Originally Posted by waksupi View Post
    Gimmick.
    I know it is just for looks lol.

As looks go it's eye catching.

Yep I think it will be kinda easy to pick out on a Rifle Rack lol.

Quote Originally Posted by JesterGrin_1 View Post
    Yep I think it will be kinda easy to pick out on a Rifle Rack lol.
    I think you would see the stock first.

Who is your builder?
    Last edited by crabo; 02-04-2012 at 08:19 PM.
    Crabo

Do not argue with idiots. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

I guess it depends on what color the rifle rack is lol.

Ok I have it in my hands.

Now to experiment with some Ammo lol.

I will ask here and hope for some good responses. If not because the thread is so old I will start a new one.

I have two molds. One is the BRP 360-225 GC and the 358009 GC

What powder would be best to use ? IMR-3031/H-322/TAC/2400

A Big Thanks to all of the Enablers on this good forum.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast