MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Inline FabricationLoad DataRepackboxSnyders Jerky
Wideners Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 32-20 new Browning/Winchester Miroku 92

Boolit Master
    Red, do you use the take down feature much?

If so does the POI wander in relation to your sight?

CB,

I use the feature infrequently. I bought the rifle in late January of this year, and I've taken it down perhaps six times including once to mount the sight base.

However, I have an original Winchester 1894 in .38-55 that is also a take-down made in the early 1920's. The take-down system is tight -- and adjustable for wear -- and the gun is still very accurate. The Miroku is adjustable in the same manner.

Old Goat Keeper,

MVA also makes the Sharps-style vernier sights with windage adjustment on the eye piece (or back slide assembly) in several different heights. One of the model 130 series sights with windage can be bought for as little as $265, base included. So about the cost of two Marble's tang sights.

Here is an MVA Model 130 with lead screw ($285) on a Browning 1886 rifle:

[img][/img]

Canuck Bob,

I missed part of your question. No, I have not noticed any change in POI on either of my take-down rifles.

Old Goat Keeper,

Based on the info in your avatar block, you must live in or near LANKaster Counddy. Pennsylvania is my home state, near Pittsburgh, but I've spent some time in Dutch country. You ought to wander over to Atglen and shoot a little cowboy lever action silhouettes with the boys over there!

Boolit Buddy
    Red, that is a mighty nice rifle. Does your Browning 53 have the tang safety and rebounding hammer? Mine is around 20 years old and has neither. My wood looks like high grade with lots of figure. You got lots of shooting room out there. I got married in Trinidad. Bought a rifle barrel from KOGOT at his shop there.
    John

Boolit Buddy
    Red THANKS for the info on that sight. I may have to look into one of them.

Nice to meet another PA boy here. I live near Carlisle and have PA Dutch heritage in me. I know of Atglen but didn't know they shot Cowboy there. Might have to check that out.

Tom

OGK,

Here's the link to the Atglen club:

http://www.atglensportsmensclub.org/index.asp

The club at Seitzland, Pa., (south-east of York, I believe) also shoots pistol cartridge and small bore lever action silhouettes. I don't know if they have a web site.

Also the Hamburg Rifle and Pistol Club has a good buffalo single-shot and lever gun shoot twice a year, spring and fall. They are easy to find about a mile north of I-78 at the Shartlesville exit. They have a web site, but it usually needs updating. Here's the link:

http://www.hamburgriflepistol.com/

There are several other clubs such as Ridgway and Mainville (near Bloomsburg) that hold lever action and single-shot rifle matches. If you'd like more information, let me know.

My background is Pennsylvania German, too. Also, my wife and I lived south of Chambersburg for a bit over a year, then we moved across the border to Hagerstown, Maryland. But for many years until I moved west I belonged to the Carlisle Fish and Game Club and the Shippensburg Fish and Game Club. They were about 60 miles and 40 miles, respectively, from our Hagerstown home.

You'll really like that sight, OGK.

It's good conversing with you!

Cimarron Red

Boolit Grand Master
    Very clean installation of that Soule sight, Red. Nicely done.

The 32-20 WCF is a fun little cartridge in a lever rifle.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

jmh54738,

My Browning Model 53, like yours, does not have a tang safety. The 1892 I've pictured in this thread did have the safety, but I've removed it. Both are great rifles!

9.3X62AL,

Thanks very much! It was a pleasure mounting that sight as well as shooting the gun with it.

SWEET! and a takedown! where can I find one?

Boolit Master
    You might note the thread is several years old.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by JSH View Post
    You might note the thread is several years old.

Yes, but that's one sweet rifle!
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Master

I picked up a brand new Winoko 92 Rifle (20" Octogon) last yearon GB for under a grand. Was looking hard at old 32-20s that showed there age for 1100 plus so it was pretty much a no brainer. Modern hardend action, unpitted barrel, nice wood and metal finish but tang safety and rebounding hammer. The tang safety is no problem which will get covered by a lyman/marbles peep and the rebounding hammer is an easy fix. There is still one available on Guns America I believe.