MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataReloading EverythingLee Precision
Titan ReloadingRepackboxWidenersRotoMetals2
Snyders Jerky Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HA, apparently any idiot can do this. :D

Boolit Mold

HA, updated, shot the bullets and they are AWESOME

I am so in. Good bye BRD and hello casting craziness.

My wife has been having to hear me go on and on about casting for about 3 months now. Finally got my molds in today and BOOM.

Got 80 WC and 30 RN 358s ready for lube.

I would have done more; however, being a vampire for work and having a wife who isn't, she asked if I would wait so she could cast with me tomorrow after she gets home from work. SO.... I resisted the urge to cast all the lead I have managed to scrounge and only got my feet wet. It took some tinkering, but i think I can throw some tomorrow with her and skip the hour or so it took me to get the hang of ladling for a 6 banger and rotating in my 2 cav mold.

Pics posted soon. A HUGE thank you to everyone, the stickies, the molds, lead golds and youtube for all the help. I am now looking at what other molds I "need" and how much more lead I can come up with. This is just fantastic.
    Last edited by rugerp89ipsc; 05-26-2010 at 07:10 PM.

Boolit Mold
    Seriously, thank you guys all so much. Man that was just great, I have no idea how I am going to go to sleep and wait till after 12pm to cast more. You guys are awesome. Thank you.

Super Moderator

.............Sounds like you're gonna need a LOT MORE LEAD!

.............Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Boolit Master
    Gee, you think maybe he likes casting? lol

And welcome to the hobby. It is a rather good one.
    Qajaq59

One slow hit is better then 500 quick misses. "It ain't the noise that kills 'em!!!!"

Boolit Grand Master

Good morning
    More importantly than ending up with those shinny little orbs is that you realise you do not have to ever sit on the sidelines.. Life is for participents. Casting is just another facet of being free from the main stream, mindless do nothing for yourself, look my hand is out, always dependent on someone else way of life.
    I need all the help I can get... but I will do everything I can to be functional and independent.
    "Behold The Lamb of God that taketh away the sin of the world". John 1:29
    Male Guanaco out in dry lakebed at 10,800 feet south of Arequipa.

In Remebrance

Good to see someone happy. If I might make a suggestion, just stick with one mould at a time and concentrate of producing quality boolits rather than trying to juggle two moulds. Mould heat seems to be a recurring problem for new casters, it's much easier to control with one mould to worry about.

Vampire hours- BTDT, the single largest blessing of retirement is regular sleep hours.

Boolit Buddy
    That's really cool that your wife would cast with you. Mine likes the end result but so far hasn't done any casting.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by pjh421 View Post
    That's really cool that your wife would cast with you. Mine likes the end result but so far hasn't done any casting.

Paul
    Mine dont like any of it. I have been trying for a couple of years to get her to go shooting with me, but she is afraid of even a .22.
    If grasshoppers carried .45's the birds wouldnt mess with them.

Boolit Grand Master

Mine is as competent with a gun as I, arguably a better shot because of better sight and steadier hands. She's just not as interested as I. As a Scot she appreciates how much I save casting and reloading - but to get her to the range is difficult.

Congrats on a wife that is as involved as you. Get her scrounging for lead too, you will need all of it!
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Quote Originally Posted by rugerp89ipsc View Post
    Seriously, thank you guys all so much. Man that was just great, I have no idea how I am going to go to sleep and wait till after 12pm to cast more. You guys are awesome. Thank you.
    Ha! He's hooked now!
    Experience is the source of all knowledge.

Boolit Buddy
    Hoosierlogger,
    If you want her to try it make a deal with her. Ask her to think of something she wants you to do (re-floor the kitchen; install a different shower head; whatever) and do it in exchange for her learning to knock over some pop cans with the .22 rifle. You might get a new range partner for life out of the deal when she finds out how much fun it can be. My wife has informed me that all my guns belong to her but I may shoot them whenever I want, just because she's a good sport like that.

Paul

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mumblypeg View Post
    Ha! He's hooked now!
    Yea, we got him now.
    Now this site will suck him
    dry buying moulds. like this site
    is doing me, and others here.

Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

rugerp89ipsc

that is really great that your wife likes to cast with you. My wife also wants me to wit for her to get home before I start casting. The fun part is when she calls and says she asks if we can cast when she gets home. She even likes smelting and cleaning up the lead for me. she has way mor patience than I do and my lead proves she gets it super clean and we have a great time together. Enjoy your new found hobby and cherish the time you get to spend with your wife sharing a hobby you have the the best of both worlds

Boolit Mold
    Yeah, my wife is fantastic. In addition to the whole being patient and interested in my hobbies, she is very attractive and loves to cook. I scored big time in that dept.

I think just for simplicity, I will be using one mold at a time. I think it is easier to check the boolits and make sure they are uniform and perfect if I am just dropping one kind then trying to drop, sort and inspect 2 different bullets. Trying to get pics posted, but having some tech difficulties. I may have to rely on Wife when she gets home.

Thanks again everyone. The site has been soo helpful.

sounds like a good plan it won't take long and you'll be able to use 2 and even three molds at time

Quote Originally Posted by pjh421 View Post
    Hoosierlogger,
    If you want her to try it make a deal with her. Ask her to think of something she wants you to do (re-floor the kitchen; install a different shower head; whatever) and do it in exchange for her learning to knock over some pop cans with the .22 rifle. You might get a new range partner for life out of the deal when she finds out how much fun it can be. My wife has informed me that all my guns belong to her but I may shoot them whenever I want, just because she's a good sport like that.

Paul
    That sounds like a good idea, but I already do all of the handy man stuff she wants done as it is. She did mention one time that she wanted to learn how to shoot a gun so she could shoot the neighbors rooster that comes over and crows in our yard.
    If grasshoppers carried .45's the birds wouldnt mess with them.

Boolit Mold
    PICS:

Just camera phone, more later. Thanks again, can't say it enough.

Boolit Grand Master
    Lookin' GOOD!

Marie isn't into casting or reloading, and I'm not much of a cook--but we both enjoy a range day or fishing together. She can plow right through 200-300 9mm rounds in short order, and print good groups right along. She tends to appropriate the occasional new-found war toy, also.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Master

So you say you had a good time Eh ? Well that's great. I guess you could say that's what it's all about, and sharing with the wife adds a cherry on top.
    I had to shoot alone today but when I got home I found a nice Apple crumb cake on the counter. I think life is so much better if we can share with the little women.
    It doesn't have to be shooting or casting--but if it is then Ya Hoo.
    Most of all, I am, and the boy's are, glad you had a good time.

Sam
    Hate is like drinking poison and hoping the other man dies.

*Cohesiveness* *Leadership* *a common cause***

***In a gunfight your expected to be an active participant in your own rescue***

The effective range of an excuse is ZERO Meters

Boolit Mold
    Yep, really great, wife threw about 100 bullets for me today and seemed to really have the hang of it with just about 10 minutes of a learning curve. Apparently she really enjoyed it too except for the heat. Going to try to break up my casting by seasons, but not sure I have the self control for that.

I now have about 500 boolits to lube and size. Pan lubing will be the next great adventure. I already prepped about 600 pieces of brass. All they need now are powder and projectiles. Should be a good couple of weeks.