RepackboxLoad DataReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
WidenersInline FabricationSnyders JerkyLee Precision
Titan Reloading MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best for the $ liquid/SS pins case cleaner system?

Boolit Master
    I don't wash twice, but I do rinse several times to reduce residue inside the case (I don't decap and don't use pins).

I use the FART, but my volume of brass justifies its capacity. I've read a lot of folks use the HF Rock tumblers for smaller amounts of brass.

I use the Frankford Arsenal and highly recommend it. I wash twice; once with dawn and lemishine and once with car wash & wax and lemishine. That way the outside, inside and the primer pocket are really clean. The car wash & wax keeps the brass from tarnishing and gives it a little case lube for resizing. Clean is more important to me than polish. The wet tumbler with steel pins will not polish, but it gets things super clean.

Boolit Buddy
    I have the HF dual drum and it works great for small batches. I got my ss pins off of amazon.

My process starts w/ decapping the brass with a lee hand press and universal decapper. Then I run it for 2h w/ 1/8 tsp. lemishine and a .40S&W case of standard strength dawn. I then dump the drum contents into a ice cream bucket and rinse the whole lot until the water is clear, then put the batch back into the drum with 1/8th tsp lemishine and just a swirl of dawn. and run another 2h. I rinse after that and pour the pins/brass into a salad dryer and separate the pins that way (about four spins back and fourth) Then onto a towel and swish the brass like you were polishing a bowling ball, and then into a dehydrator for about 15 min.

edit:
    nickle brass gets half the time in the tumbler. I use cold water for everything.
    Last edited by thraxx; 11-28-2018 at 10:20 PM.

Another happy FART owner. I still have the USA made dry tumbler from Cabela's that I use with lizard bedding (crushed walnut hulls) a dash of mineral spirits and dollop of NuFinish run for 5 minutes before adding brass really helps keep the dust down.

FART cleans brass, does that very well. Dry tumbler polishes brass, which removes less crud but protects the brass and does clean it somewhat. Choices are a good thing. I may just want to throw some brass in for a dry tumble if it isn't too dirty. Or use the dry tumbler to lay down some polish to seal and protect FART cleaned brass that I expect may sit for a while.

I work with someone that does small batches in a HF rock tumbler. Is entirely satisfied. Tends to do 20 to 50 rifle cases in a batch. Better bet is an inexpensive improvement some have reported. Spare belt sounds like a good idea.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Buddy
    I use a dry tumbler to remove sizing lube and to put polish on as well (different batches of media for each process)

Boolit Bub
    I use a Thumblers B, pins, hot water, Dawn, and Lemi-Shine. Two hours, rinse, separate, and dry. Usually I dry in toaster oven (low heat w/door cracked) or on top of wood stove in the winter. Results are excellent.

Before loading I’ve found the brass needs a bit of lube. Struggled with this on the Dillon 550 till realizing the issue. A quick tumble in the corn or walnut with a few drops of car wax is one fix,some sizing wax or One Shot is another I use. Interesting the mention of using car wash/wax in the tumbler. May have to try that next batch and see if it provides enough lube for sizing/expanding when loading.