Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2RepackboxLee Precision
Titan ReloadingInline FabricationWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading Everything Load Data
Page 50 of 363 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051525354555657585960100150 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 7253

Thread: Making that Bullet Collator

Ok, so i think I got everything thing I need besides the spring. I’m trying to wire up my electronics, which I bought a while ago before all the awesome improvements. I’ve got my 12v power supply, speed controller and a photoresistor switching relay. I’m thinking this will go between the speed controller and the motor? I could post a link to one that’s similar to what I have if needed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    ok. Forgive me for my 5000 questions. I reload for 380, 9mm, 38spl, 357mag, 45acp, 223, 6.5 Grendel, 300AAC, 308win, and 358win on my Dillons, so I would like bullet feeders that will support each caliber.

What are y'all using for bullet dropper dies? I see that Karl Bibbs sells them for $25 each but I haven't found the STLs for them.

Motor $15
    JGY370 10RPM motor

Motor speed controller $9
    .8v 3v 5v 6v 7.2v 12v 2A 30W Low Voltage DC Motor Speed Controller PWM 1803BK 1803B Adjustable Driver Switch

Photoresistor relay $19
    GERI 12V Light Control Switch The Photoresistor Plus Relay Module The Light Detection Switch Photosensitive Sensor

LED lights $7
    5mm 12V DC White LED Pre-Wired Round Top Bulb Lamp

Power supply ???

Output Springs $24
    DAA Mr.Bulletfeeder output spring and extension adaptor (small and large)

These are the files that I need to print correct? Am I missing any?
    bf_v3_base_WH120_JGY370_0degrees.stl (do I need the 0, 90, or 270 degree version instead?)
    bf_v2_adj_turning_plate_double_slide.stl
    bf_v2_flipper_v2.stl
    bf_v2_led_coupler_large_spring.stl
    bf_v2_led_coupler_small_spring.stl
    bf_v2_spring_housing_large_v2.stl
    bf_v2_spring_housing_small_v2.stl
    bf_v2_mount_hang_WH120.stl
    bf_v2_electronic_housing_mount_left_side.stl
    Connector_JGY370_Shaft_Plate_OpenBulletFeeder.stl

Which drop tubes do I need for my calibers? It lists 10mm for 9mm Luger, so do I need to just pick one size up for each caliber?
    Last edited by n10sivern; 08-27-2020 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by n10sivern View Post

What are y'all using for bullet dropper dies? I see that Karl Bibbs sells them for $25 each but I haven't found the STLs for them.
    Post #971 has a link to feeder dies. I think most that buy a die, and use it on a Dillon press, use the daa die. I'm not buying anything else from Saul though.

For my spring, I just got a spring that looks like it's for like a screen door. 2 ish feet long, and I think 9/16, which is slightly larger than the small spring adapter. Other than that, it seems about prefect.

As for the rest of your question, that all looks right to me, but I've yet to get mine running yet.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by nhyrum; 08-27-2020 at 05:07 PM.

Ok so I got the photo switch wired up. I got the 10 rpm 370 motor, which I feel is on the fast side, it doesn't slow down much before it just stops.

I do have an issue where it either won't flip anything, or flips everything. Then bullets go flying out of both holes! And being so fast it was hard for me to see if they were all the same orientation. The only way I could get it to flip anything was to pull the flipper plate out a bit. In the first photo you can see that it doesn't touch the bullets before the first hole, the one in the flipper. Now, mind you this was just on my counter, catching the bullets in my hand as a dry run

Boolit Mold
    ok guys, I'm about to venture down this path again. I printed the all the plates about a year ago but since then the MBF motors are unavailable. Do I need to just toss them. What motor should I go with now? I'm about to bust out the PETG and have 3 printers making parts for 4 Dillon 650's.

My Dillons are naked
    Attachment 266822
    Someone else shared this motor a few pages ago. It seems to be the same as the original DAA. https://www.mcmaster.com/6409K15/

I went ahead and bought one and the decal on it says it's a Molon CHM-1225-1M. You can find it in a few variations here: https://molon.com/standard-stock-mot...rmanent-magnet

I printed the V3 ET-ZGMP38 base. The holes for the mounting posts were a bit tight but it fit perfectly other than that.

I can't speak to how it compares to the other motor you're considering but it's an option.

Quote Originally Posted by nhyrum View Post
    Ok so I got the photo switch wired up. I got the 10 rpm 370 motor, which I feel is on the fast side, it doesn't slow down much before it just stops.

I do have an issue where it either won't flip anything, or flips everything. Then bullets go flying out of both holes! And being so fast it was hard for me to see if they were all the same orientation. The only way I could get it to flip anything was to pull the flipper plate out a bit. In the first photo you can see that it doesn't touch the bullets before the first hole, the one in the flipper. Now, mind you this was just on my counter, catching the bullets in my hand as a dry run

That is the plate for nose down feeding. Is that what you are trying to do? If so the second hole has to be plugged. What caliber is this? Those plates were designed specifically around 45acp, but could be used for other calibers if pulled out slightly. Eventually I will get around to making dedicated plates for other calibers.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerR View Post
    That is the plate for nose down feeding. Is that what you are trying to do? If so the second hole has to be plugged. What caliber is this? Those plates were designed specifically around 45acp, but could be used for other calibers if pulled out slightly. Eventually I will get around to making dedicated plates for other calibers.
    I printed the plate for nose up feeding... In pretty sure at least. Once I get another fitting thing printed, so I can screw the plug in, I think I'll be good to go. I discovered if I pull the flipping plate out just the perfect amount, it will flip just the nose down ones to nose up.

It looks like the flipping plates might be named by the bullets they are designed to flip, not the desired position. So "slide nose down" is the desired slide for nose up output.

This is currently for 9mm, with 115 jhp. But using this to feed my 454 casull will be handy too. Anyone test this with say, Keith style 250-350 grain bullets? I've got a 45 plate qued and ready to go, once I get the drop tube printed. I'm on take 3, because it will get within an inch of the top and it lets go of the bed, so this go I'm using a raft, tree supports, and slowing way down.

I printed the plate for nose up feeding... In pretty sure at least. Once I get another fitting thing printed, so I can screw the plug in, I think I'll be good to go. I discovered if I pull the flipping plate out just the perfect amount, it will flip just the nose down ones to nose up.

It looks like the flipping plates might be named by the bullets they are designed to flip, not the desired position. So "slide nose down" is the desired slide for nose up output.

This is currently for 9mm, with 115 jhp. But using this to feed my 454 casull will be handy too. Anyone test this with say, Keith style 250-350 grain bullets? I've got a 45 plate qued and ready to go, once I get the drop tube printed. I'm on take 3, because it will get within an inch of the top and it lets go of the bed, so this go I'm using a raft, tree supports, and slowing way down.

Now that I am looking at the filenames, I realize they are incorrect. The plate you have shown in your picture is designed to feed bullets nose down, not nose up. I am going to fix the file names and re-post them. Sorry for the confusion. Print the other plate and use that if you want to feed nose up.

If you haven't already you can see the plates in action in the videos on page 43.

I printed the all the plates about a year ago but since then the MBF motors are unavailable.
    The Dayton 2L007, 2L008 and 2L009 all have the same mounting dimensions.

https://www.radwell.com/Shop?source=...SABEgK8W_D_BwE

Ok, so I've run into another issue, with both 265 grain Keith style .452 and a 152 grain round nose 9mm. The front of the ramp piece, that screws onto the base, is too abrupt an angle. The bullets begin to rotate, hit the ramp, and get pushed back in, after going up that first little face of the ramp. I believe that is a modification I could do given time.

Ok, so I've run into another issue, with both 265 grain Keith style .452 and a 152 grain round nose 9mm. The front of the ramp piece, that screws onto the base, is too abrupt an angle. The bullets begin to rotate, hit the ramp, and get pushed back in, after going up that first little face of the ramp. I believe that is a modification I could do given time.

Yo may need to adjust the angle of the feeder. Can you post a video?

Boolit Buddy
    about to place an order to build 5 bullet feeders. $146.53 at Amazon and $26.95 at eBay for a grand total of $173.48 plus taxes and wiring/plugs/filament. Anything I'm missing?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	37.9 KB 
ID:	266992

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	46.4 KB 
ID:	266993

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	13.1 KB 
ID:	266994

Boolit Mold
    I've printed this thing, and it works, but I'm getting a lot of bullets nose down. I THINK this is because I'm not using the right spring for the flipper arm thing. The one I bought was too strong and bound up the motor (JGY370), so I cut it back, but I suspect that it's not really pushing in the way it's supposed to. Can anyone tell me what spring they used, preferably from Amazon?

The bullet feeder is as angled forward as I can get it without it dumping bullets on top of me. The turning plate is the double slide. Thanks!

about to place an order to build 5 bullet feeders. $146.53 at Amazon and $26.95 at eBay for a grand total of $173.48 plus taxes and wiring/plugs/filament. Anything I'm missing?

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	37.9 KB 
ID:	266992

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	46.4 KB 
ID:	266993

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	13.1 KB 
ID:	266994
    I've got the 10 rpm motor, and I feel it's too fast, and at least my speed controller doesn't slow it down well.

Quote Originally Posted by erwos View Post
    I've printed this thing, and it works, but I'm getting a lot of bullets nose down. I THINK this is because I'm not using the right spring for the flipper arm thing. The one I bought was too strong and bound up the motor (JGY370), so I cut it back, but I suspect that it's not really pushing in the way it's supposed to. Can anyone tell me what spring they used, preferably from Amazon?

The bullet feeder is as angled forward as I can get it without it dumping bullets on top of me. The turning plate is the double slide. Thanks!
    You might need to just pull the flipper plate out a little bit. For my 9mm jhp I've found about an eighth of an inch is prefect. Too far back, it flips EVERYTHING, nose up to nose down, and nose down to nose up. To far forward and nothing gets flipped.

Boolit Mold
    You might need to just pull the flipper plate out a little bit. For my 9mm jhp I've found about an eighth of an inch is prefect. Too far back, it flips EVERYTHING, nose up to nose down, and nose down to nose up. To far forward and nothing gets flipped.
    Interesting! I'll give that a try tomorrow. I solved my own problem with the flipper arm and sacrificed a ballpoint pen to get the spring - it now clicks more or less like I'd expect.

That said, I am super impressed with how well this thing functions from a mechanical perspective, and am looking forward to getting it just perfect... when I've gotten a bunch of nose-ups in a row, it's pretty clear just how much this can increase production speed.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerR View Post
    Yo may need to adjust the angle of the feeder. Can you post a video?
    I'll work on getting a video. I think I got the heavy round nose 9mm worked out, other than sometimes when they're nose down, they slip out of the plate.

Boolit Buddy
    And it begins. Bullet feeder 1 of 5.

Name:	064BB076-0437-48BE-A565-A711956AA71A.jpeg 
Views:	26 
Size:	81.4 KB 
ID:	267015

Boolit Mold
    I played with the flipper plate a bit and did a quick round of testing, and it's as you say: does seem to make a difference. Suppose I should have figured that out from the "adjustable" in the title! I will experiment a bit further and see what I can do to get it 100% (or at least 99%). If there are alternative flipper plates that do better with 147gr 9mm RN, I'd be interested.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by erwos View Post

All I used was a spring from a pen that I had around the house. It worked fine.