RepackboxTitan ReloadingInline FabricationReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters Supply RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tucker Carlson and Bill Nye discuss climate change

Tucker Carlson and Bill Nye discuss climate change

Tuck and Nye clash on climate change.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/02/2...climate-change

Boolit Grand Master

yeah, bill nye....I'm as much of a global warming expert as he is. His only redeeming quality is that he is a Vet
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

And that isn't going very far in this day and time. I'm probably more qualified than he! At least I did study thermodynamics and have an engineering degree. But he's a television personality, he's an xpert!

Yep, global warming! Bull!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Handloader109 View Post
    And that isn't going very far in this day and time. I'm probably more qualified than he! At least I did study thermodynamics and have an engineering degree. But he's a television personality, he's an xpert!

Yep, global warming! Bull!
    Nye has a masters in engineering and worked for Boeing in Washington for (IIRC) more than a decade. In *addition* to that, he's had a career as a science educator, been on the board of the planetary society, etc.

Carlson is a chump. He thinks if Nye can't tell him exactly what the temperature would be without ACC, all of the underlying science is wrong, which is a bit like saying since dark matter isn't solved yet gravity doesn't exist.

According to Science(and engineers) a bumble bee can't fly. Man made Global warming is a farce. Puny Man can't damage the planet or change the climate any more than I can beat Satan plying the fiddle. This is my opinion. Best, Thomas.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    yeah, bill nye....I'm as much of a global warming expert as he is.
    True, but he was pretty funny during his stint as a comedian in Seattle on the TV shows "Almost Live!"... He demos "FirePower" in this episode...

https://youtu.be/cK8w_xkMGIg

Boolit Master
    The science doesn't have to be all wrong , just not having the numbers necessary for a proper comparison makes it a exercise in futility.
    All the CO2 (as a "Greenhouse Gas") as the major factor in the average temperature of a planetary atmosphere is based on a early 20th century theory that led everyone to believe that Venus was a warm but wet and habitable planet much like earth and mostly covered by oceans and swamps. That part of the theory was proven hilariously wrong when the first Venus probes revealed Venus was a hellish barren world.

Deliberately ignoring long term global warming events of the past in order to make every heatwave seem unprecedented has led me to lose faith in what the global warming crowd has to say.
    Silly claims like blaming the Nepal earthquakes on loss of glacial ice in the Himalayas also undercut their credibility.
    The major cause of glacial melting in that region is now known to be due to soot from natural organic fuels used throughout Asia settling on the surface ice. Biofuels are far worse polluters than fossil fuels.

Moderator Emeritus

I believe concrete and asphalt is holding in too much heat. We need to tear down buildings and rip up roads plant grasses and rid ourselves of heat sinks. To me it makes as much sense as blaming coal. Maybe we will finally warm to the levels of the 1400's and once again be able to have self sustaining farms in Greenland.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Master

Scientist estimate that atmospheric CO2 was 5 times higher during the time of the dinosaurs than it is today, and that is why the plants were so huge and prolific. But now climatologist say that our elevated CO2 is unprecedented and cataclysmic. Huh?
    "In God we trust, in all others, check the manual!"

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by mcdaniel.mac View Post
    Nye has a masters in engineering and worked for Boeing in Washington for (IIRC) more than a decade. In *addition* to that, he's had a career as a science educator, been on the board of the planetary society, etc.

Carlson is a chump. He thinks if Nye can't tell him exactly what the temperature would be without ACC, all of the underlying science is wrong, which is a bit like saying since dark matter isn't solved yet gravity doesn't exist.
    In other words, Bill makes a great vinegar and baking soda volcano.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Nye doesn't have a Masters Degree, he has a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering from Cornell. He also has numerous honorary Doctorate degrees from several places.

And he is an actor, here is one of his Speedwalker YouTube videos.

http://youtu.be/4e6h4zLC5U8
    Last edited by Fordcragar; 03-02-2017 at 01:57 AM.

Boolit Grand Master

how nice. I have 2yrs of meterology and environmental science before switching to Wildlife Biology so i guess i do have more experience than he does. I just never pimped myself into a tv gig

Boolit Master
    how nice. I have 2yrs of meterology and environmental science before switching to Wildlife Biology so i guess i do have more experience than he does. I just never pimped myself into a tv gig
    Cool. So what are your thoughts on the curve of anthropogenic CO2 isotopes and the supercultivation of cattle as a major factor in increased methane production?

Boolit Grand Master

Cattle: non issue except to fanatics
    CO2 Isotopes: which one?

Use of big, impressive words: A+
    Use of "isotope" in order to impress everyone with your big brain: F-
    Last edited by jonp; 03-02-2017 at 04:35 PM.

Boolit Master
    Cattle: non issue except to fanatics
    CO2 Isotopes: which one?

Use of big, impressive words: A+
    Use of "isotope" in order to impress everyone with your big brain: F-
    Well you didn't address the curve (which, if you were better educated on climate science than Nye, you would know which isotopes and which curve, wouldn't you?) and as I'm sure they covered in college merely stating a thing to be factual does not make it so.

Cool. So what are your thoughts on the curve of anthropogenic CO2 isotopes and the supercultivation of cattle as a major factor in increased methane production?

As a manly fan of Dancing with the Stars- The Science Guy can't Dance! But his tv show was informative for my children before he signed on to the Al Gore GWBS.

Boolit Grand Master

Well you didn't address the curve (which, if you were better educated on climate science than Nye, you would know which isotopes and which curve, wouldn't you?) and as I'm sure they covered in college merely stating a thing to be factual does not make it so.
    Translation: I have no idea what I'm talking about but I'm going to parrot everything I read.

You do get an A for condescension. Yes, I do know what curve and what isotopes but you obviously did not or you would know not all are relevant and besides, you asked me a specific question. Why don't you enlighten us with your superior knowledge on the subject. I'll argue with you not Bill Nye The Science Guy.

Boolit Master
    Translation: I have no idea what I'm talking about but I'm going to parrot everything I read.

You do get an A for condescension. Yes, I do know what curve and what isotopes but you obviously did not or you would know not all are relevant and besides, you asked me a specific question. Why don't you enlighten us with your superior knowledge on the subject. I'll argue with you not Bill Nye The Science Guy.
    No, I'm fairly well read on the subject, I'm asking you to demonstrate that you are. If you've got some independent research, please tell me where I can read it.

Someone who opined that they were as much an authority as Nye because of some undergrad study doesn't have room to accuse anyone of condescension.

Boolit Master

Now where is my troll be gone? Top shelf?