MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Inline FabricationWideners
Load DataReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingLee Precision
Snyders Jerky Repackbox

Thread: Hi-Tek question?

Boolit Master

Hi-Tek question?

I've read the threads and I'm interested in trying some Hi-Tek. I have one question though.

Once you mix the powder up what's the shelf life?

Also what type of bottle is everyone using for the mixed solvent and powder?
    Semper Fi!

Currently casting for .223, .308, .30-06, .30-40 Krag, 9mm, .38/.357, 10mm, 44 Mag and 45 ACP.

I like strange looking boolits!

NRA Patriot Life Endowment member.

Boolit Buddy

I use the little plastic squirt bottles from Harbor Freight. They come 4 to a pack. I'm not sure of the shelf life but I'm going on several months. You don't need to mix much. I only do an ounce of liquid at a time. I do 1 ounce to 5 grams. It's good for several hundred bullets.
    "A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, signed a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -- Author Unknown"

I use empty green tea plastic bottles. I drill a small hole in the lid and put a piece of plastic wrap over the drilled hole until the next session.
    The sooner I fall behind...the more time I have to catch up with

Boolit Buddy
    I use either the clear plastic condiment bottles from WalMart or a smaller clear plastic bottle from a beauty supply store. I've found that 1 tablespoon of powder to 55-60 ml of acetone will coat around 1000 rounds with at least two coats. I usually have 4 trays in rotation with about 5# in each tray.

Boolit Buddy
    I use dollar stor plastic bottles with pull up spout. Mix stays fresh for months if the bottle is left sealed.

Boolit Master
    G'day. If it is mixed and stored in a cool dark place with will last for over 12 months. It may be a bit darker after a bit of time, but it will still work.
    I use glass Jam jars (Pickle jars) with the screw top lids. A wide opening on the jar makes it easy to dip the syringe into when sucking up the coating. A couple of bullet in the jar to help keep the solution mixed.
    Hooroo.
    Regards, Trevor.
    Australia

Boolit Master
    I use dish soap bottles with a snap on cap, the 9 oz seem to be the best size to work with and they will hold 40 grams of powder with 200 ml of acetone. These are heavy duty and last a long time.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wlkjr View Post
    I use either the clear plastic condiment bottles from WalMart or a smaller clear plastic bottle from a beauty supply store. I've found that 1 tablespoon of powder to 55-60 ml of acetone will coat around 1000 rounds with at least two coats. I usually have 4 trays in rotation with about 5# in each tray.
    Many of the powders are different density, for more consistency it's recommended to weigh the powder.

I like to mix small batches

10 grams = .353oz.to 50 milliliter = 1.69 fl oz weigh 1.384 oz ACETONE