Lee PrecisionRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
Inline Fabrication Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shunned again.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0510.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	32.4 KB 
ID:	169317This thread answers the mystery of why there have been a lot of Nevada residents hunting in California. We've seen dramatic a increase the last few years. Hopefully they have been as successful hunting as we have. The zone we hunt very year the tags are over the counter and they have never sold out. But it's the old story of how bad CA is in regards to hunting. This is last years buck. All I've hunted with for 20 years is a muzzleloader with patched round ball. The buck before this one was a very large 4x5. We do find it highly amusing about the continual bad mouthing of CA hunting. When they see that I have a standing depredation permit for 40 hogs, any method, any means, even at night the first thing said is "Need any help?" If you want to get a nice buck try CA tag D3-5 which allows you to hunt in any of the three zones.
    Best regards,
    T Herder

Quote Originally Posted by Ural Driver View Post
    Sorry that y'all got skunked in the lottery. If I may offer a bit of advice.....if the sportsmen of any State are truly interested in changing the system.... they need to stop funding it. A lottery only works if people buy into it. If you want to see some changes...... then stop feeding the beast. It will probably take a couple-a-three years, but when the herds get to a certain size, the State will have to open up the regs just to get them back down to a manageable size. In the short term it will suck.......but hey, y'all are paying to not hunt now, aren't ya?
    Here's hoping Dad has good luck with his hunt.
    This is where I am with New Mexico's lottery system. Non-guided non-residents get a paltry 6% of the tags. Last I checked, the unit in which I hunted 1st season had 75 bull tags, so unguided non-residents get all of 4.5 tags. It's no wonder so much of the state resembles a 3rd World Country.
    Anyhow, I stopped feeding the beast!

35W W
    The biggest waste of time is arguing with the fool and fanatic who doesn't care about truth or reality, but only the victory of his beliefs and illusions.
    There are people who, for all the evidence presented to them, do not have the ability to understand.

NRA Life Member

Boolit Grand Master
    T-Herder......shut the heck up about CA's D-Zones. THANK YOU! As if the Rose Parade and the winter weather didn't already attract way too many Rust Belt refugees.......
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Master
    Well It looks as if I spoke to soon. I did draw a tag for antlered mule deer. I didn't remember putting in for mid season in area 10 but apparently I did and my buddy pointed it out this morning. I checked all the areas that I knew I put in for every year and didn't see my name. Then I went to unsuccessful and found my name all over. I was on cloud nine this morning.

Boolit Buddy
    THereder. I drew way more tags when I lived in way northern CA than here. I hunted almost every year in the x zones. Most of the time was archery but killed with a rifle too. Who would have thought those were the "good old days" ��

Boolit Master
    dk17hmr makes a good point about studying the previous years draw odds. Nevada has all of that information available going back for quite a few years. Some late cow tags are almost 1 to 1 odds. Yep, they are tough hunts, some on wilderness only land where walking or horses are the only method allowed but my boys and I get tags nearly every year. And now you can put in for bull and cow in the same year so you don't loose bonus points. Another avenue is doe antelope and ewe. Much easier to draw than the male versions and still fun to hunt.

Boolit Master
    If wild horse herds and donkeys could be culled to keep their populations in line with their particular environment's carrying capacity, then they would not reach pest status.

Boolit Buddy
    lightload. That is true but the wild horse and burro folks see even the round ups as inhumane.
    It is illegal as I understand it to interfere with them in the wild at all.
    If you were to see a mare severely wounded and she had a foal you could not put her out of her misery and save the foal. You have to let nature take its course. Period.
    Like I said earlier, not much common sense happening here.