Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Repackbox
Inline FabricationLoad DataWidenersTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters Supply Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My old Remington rolling Block in .43 Egyptian

Boolit Master
    I love seeing the old ammo boxes and cartridges that they used to use. It is amazing that any of the old ammo boxes survived all these years as ammo boxes are usually thrown away.

pics from http://www.rtgammo.com/cf_box20.html

ref http://www.oldammo.com/november08.htm

I like the old boxes and cartridges too! Those are pretty cool, and probably pretty valuable too! I have some original old boxes of .43 Mauser, .43 Egyptian, and .43 Spanish. But only one original .44-77SBN cartridge for my Rolling Block in that caliber. When I have seen them they cost more for a box than many guns cost!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudy View Post
    The bayonet is the standard yataghan-style bayonet for the Egyptian Rolling Block. It is similar to the French Chassepot but different in that it is not chamfered in the mounting slot nor does it have the tenon slot in the mounting ring. They are all German made with an "A.C" stamp & a set of scales being Alex Coppel, a king's head stamp being Gebruder Weyersburg and a knight's head being W.R. Kirschbaum.
    Thanks for that information. I took a closer look at my bayonet and it has the king's head on it and on the other side a tiny oval with a 1 in it. So mine is likely made by Gebruder Weyersburg then.

Boolit Master
    Now then, many years ago, I had entertained the idea of converting the old .43 Eqyptian Rolling block to a 50-45 cartridge. I had acquired a 50-45 cadet barrel from Dixie Gun Works at the time. But at the time I never thought about the rifle has having been made by anyone but Remington. So now I am not sure that the barrel would fit it or not. But the carbine barrel would have been pretty neat though. It makes the rifle small and compact and fairly light in weight too. Way back then I was fascinated with larger caliber guns and cartridges. way back then there was no information about the .43 Egyptian cartridge, but there was information on the 50-70 though. So since the 50-45 is a shorter version I had thought about trimming down some homemade 50-70 cases to size. Or maybe even rechambering it for 50-70 too.
    Last edited by Earlwb; 05-08-2016 at 05:13 PM. Reason: typo correction

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12