Lee PrecisionLoad DataTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders JerkyWidenersInline FabricationRepackbox
Reloading Everything RotoMetals2
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mo. cop kicked out of Olive Garden because of duty gun

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by jcwit View Post
    The reality of it is it's similar to not buying ANYTHING made in china.
    Some of us try real hard to not buy ANYTHING made in China. It is everybodys personal choice to be part of the problem or part of the solution.

Boolit Buddy
    NO I don;t eat at those places- don't own nice enough clothes to get int the door.
    I cook instead, and my girls will ask DAD to cook long before they ask to eat out...
    Those years in the back of the steak house/ rib joint or the family owned Italian place paid off I guess , not so much with cash, we where making $3.25 an hour - LIVING LARGE, HA,
    But I now can cook better food than I can buy in most places and it saves me time and money and gas and I don;t have to fight with wife as to WHY I won;t go here or there -- I just point out the GFZ sticker and we all turn around, no words need be said EVER.
    Even My 8 year old gets it and wants to know why don;t ALL FOLKS carry...I joke a tell her , "we are in Az - assume they are carrying and be polite and respectful at all times." kids get it- why adults don;t?? boggles my mind....

Guess you'd have a hard time at our club then as well. No open carry by range officers at sanctioned NRA matches while policing the line.

Don't ask me why.

As far as Cracker Barrel, I like their food and have no problem with them.

Ever eat anything from Quaker Oats?

The NRA is anti carry? Your kidding right? They actually restrict people from lawful carry at matches?
    It is your right to eat where ever you wish. I do not eat there, or give money to any business, or organization that has any anti carry policy.

Boolit Buddy
    is this for real??
    Have not been to NRA shoot since 83-84 . SO I am curious how they can, would do that . that is just plain dumb, BUT they are 'smarter' than me , maybe there IS a GOOD reason..can't think of one but whatever ....
    so this is only the range officers??
    Because even when I shoot rifle the handgun is still strapped on...SO DOES THIS apply to the shooter in the event too?? Just asking a dumb question I am sure....it must??

Boolit Grand Master

Not an NRA policy. Could be a local club policy.

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by salpal48 View Post
    Don't get me wrong. This was not an off the cuff statement.
    Off the cuff was not the phrase that was in my mind when classifying your statement.
    Retired...TWICE. Now just raisin' cows and livin' on borrowed time.

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

Quote Originally Posted by M-Tecs View Post
    Not an NRA policy. Could be a local club policy.
    Some of the competitors asked for it and we complied! What can I say.

But when you're dealing with a line of 60 to 80 shooters and have had judges come in from out of state, you going to shut the match down?
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

Boolit Grand Master

Haven't been to Olive Garden for awhile but the ones I went to would have likely comp'd his meal if they found out it was his birthday. When I had a badge and was required to carry a gun we were encouraged to eat at restaurants in our district. It was a PR and common sense policy but both terms have taken on a new meaning lately. There's something very wrong about this story.
    I'm pretty sure this was an isolated incident where an employee was either misinformed or had a personal anti-LE agenda. The group Olive Garden belongs to (Darden, along with Red Lobster and a few others, I think) is having financial issues so this comes at a very bad time for them. The local one doesn't appear to be a GFZ, haven't seen that sign at Cracker Barrel either.
    I enjoyed our local OG, hope they're not truly going down this road.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

I haven't been to OG for a while, never noticed the signage before. I like others of you would rather eat at home, and for the same reasons. Havent been to Cracker Barrel in many years either. One Outback Steakhouse I go to has signage, one other one does not. We have another small Italian chain called Oregano's, they have a small sticker in the window that looks like a ray gun from a cartoon with a red circle and line through it. That one I figure doesn't apply to me since my carry gun does not look like the one pictured. If they aren't going to take it seriously then I'm not going to follow it. Concealed carry is a beautiful thing. ( Taken from a friend ) if it was spotted and I was asked to leave, I would mention to the manager how strange it was that my sidearm had manged to not jump out of its holster and just start shooting people and that this would be my last visit to the establishment. I do my best to avoid GFZ establishments but it is not always possible when out of town or for family gatherings. Some of you won't agree with eating at these places period, some of you won't agree with the choice to carry in them anyway. As far as I am concerned, my Constitutional rights trump a silly food chains choice to violate those rights, after all it is the supreme law of the land right?

az-jim
    "You believe these people exist to provide you with position, I believe your position exists to provide these people with FREEDOM"

FREEEEEEEEDOMM-William Wallace

Heck, our local rails to bikes has signage, no firearms allowed, and yes I use it as I'm required to walk a min. Of 20 minutes a day. Beats dodging the folks & traffic walking in town.

Waffle House released a statement reaffirming their gun-free policy
    Whatever!

Quote Originally Posted by starmac View Post
    Some of us try real hard to not buy ANYTHING made in China. It is everybodys personal choice to be part of the problem or part of the solution.
    The key word there is "try". Now back to the reality, start checking the items in your house.

The reality is for many, many items there is no choice!

Quote Originally Posted by Walkingwolf View Post
    The NRA is anti carry? Your kidding right?
    Where did I say that?

In Remembrance
    The key word there is "try". Now back to the reality, start checking the items in your house.

The reality is for many, many items there is no choice!
    For sure there are some chinese made things here, but not as many as a guy wants to think. It is still possible to buy most things American. If more folks would make the effort it would be a lot easier. If more would made the effort years ago, it would be easy.
    I will admit, we may be past the point of no return, luckily (for me) I have most of what I need to last for the rest of my time.

Boolit Buddy
    need to look again but there is a web site that lists good made ONLY in the USA.
    At one point they sent me an email, I wonder if that is still active? AND maybe it may be worth it to join up even take a good look and see just how much we can get from home grown co.'s??

Boolit Grand Master

I like to purchase US but some things are no longer made in the US. TV's are the best example. Same for a lot of the other electronics.

Some more examples http://madeinusanews.com/2010/11/07/...ore-read-more/

Boolit Master
    The object is to give it your best effort not to:

• patronize a business that publicly objects to customers who don't wish to be "sitting ducks" in a "gun free zone"
    • purchase products produced in China.

We bought a new rice cooker the other day. The two most popular brands bought by Japanese consumers (my wife) are Tiger and Zojirushi. Mrs. smokeywolf did her research and found out that the Tiger brand rice cookers are made in China. We bought the Zojirushi; made in Japan.

Much of the time I shave with a straight razor. Was in the market last week for a new razor and was advised that a brand made in China was pretty good. I bought two mid to early 1900s German (Solingen) made razors on the online flea market instead. I will polish and re-hone them.
    Currently shopping for a couple of double edge razors. Will probably buy NOS Gillettes (made in U.S.A.).
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Boolit Buddy
    OH heck- Smokey take a look at Esty- there is guy there making hard core straight razors, hand made gold High Carbon , will last your life time and 3-5 more generations . serious shank I want one bad but $150 ?? I guess if I do the math how many junk ones will that be, it may be a good way to go....

We did same , my Wife and I killed so many ricer cookers, cheap ones, expensive ones etc..Wife being Korean and ME spending time there, Grand Dad was 'there' too I have a soft spot for Korean made anything. we looked to see if any of the cookers where from Korea 1st, then Japan, 3rd Taiwan long ago Hong Kong...no more

So it benefits the American worker to buy Korean, Japanese, Taiwan, but heaven forbid Chinese.

Guys, look at the back of your computer, telephone "cell or hard line", check out where your dress shirts come from, or your socks, the list is endless. TV's are only a start.

And as I mentioned earlier, ever buy Quaker Oats? Better look up their stand on firearms in general.

Next time you're in any restaurant check out where the eating ware is from.

There's no getting away from it at this time.

And remember why your 401K is making money.

Never realized rice cookers is a hot selling item. LOL