Lee PrecisionLoad DataWidenersTitan Reloading
RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Are You Kidding Me??

I've held one once before. It is just odd. I view it differently thn most... I would view it as a gun that I don't constantly worry about keeping it pretty - ie not scratched up.
    I'm a Happy Clinger.

Sacrilege!

Boolit Master

That is is just plain PERVERTED!

I must have one I will make it come alive. Ha Ha Ha its alive. its alive."thunder & lighting"
    "The good sense of the people will always be found to be the best army.They may be led astray for a moment,but will soon correct themselves" - Thomas Jefferson

I wasn't Born in the south but I got there as soon as I could.
    I like this site. MOSTLY good people. good ideas.

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't!!
    "Either this man is dead or my watch has stopped." — Groucho Marx

"We are born naked, wet, and hungry. Then things get worse"

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by gandydancer View Post
    I must have one I will make it come alive. Ha Ha Ha its alive. its alive."thunder & lighting"

OH-NO!! Can it procreate??

Boolit Master

I truly hope things such as this don't catch on but I fear it will, that is just so bad it's embarrassing!

Banned

As noted has been out for a couple years, I like it, to each his own. But then I like most all lever guns regardless. I hope to get one before they are discontinued. The 464 is a good, solid design and is priced real good for what you get.

Boolit Master
    Now I've never been down under, but aren't there some legal limitations in Australia that would make this an appealing but legal alternative to some who would really rather have an AR?

Don't forget, a lot of crazy gun designs are the way they are because of the exponentially more insane gun laws.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by azrednek View Post
    I agree "not normal" but I likely had the same thoughts the first time I heard of a Glock.

I was thinking a selective fire lever!!
    Greetings Some years ago American Rifleman ( I think ) ran a short filler "side article' with drawing how Mr. John Browning took a model 1892, fitted a spring loaded, muzzle blast lever to cover the bore to actuate the bar connected modified hand lever we normally stick our fingers through. With one pull of the trigger said model 92 would fire all loaded rounds self loading in about 2 seconds simply be putting the rushing bullet pushed air column to use.
    Mr. Browning used that basic design to build the first Automatic Firing crew served weapon fielded by our U. S. Army Model 1895 commonly known as the "potato digger" due to the exposed operating rod that moved rapidly up and down as does a potato digger of the time.
    So that "select fire lever" is a feasible option with Mr. Brownings "auto adaptor" in place.
    Mike in Peru
    Last edited by missionary5155; 08-17-2015 at 09:53 AM.
    "Behold The Lamb of God that taketh away the sin of the world". John 1:29
    Male Guanaco out in dry lakebed at 10,800 feet south of Arequipa.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by missionary5155 View Post
    Greetings Some years ago American Rifleman ( I think ) ran a short filler "side article' with drawing how Mr. John Browning took a model 1892, fitted a spring loaded, muzzle blast lever to cover the bore to actuate the bar connected modified hand lever we normally stick our fingers through. With one pull of the trigger said model 92 would fire all loaded rounds self loading in about 2 seconds simply be putting the rushing bullet pushed air column to use.
    Mr. Browning used that basic design to build the first Automatic Firing crew served weapon fielded by our U. S. Army Model 1895 commonly known as the "potato digger" due to the exposed operating rod that moved rapidly up and down as does a potato digger of the time.
    So that "select fire lever" is a feasible option with Mr. Brownings "auto adaptor" in place.
    Mike in Peru
    Mike - I've seen that in the "John Browning, American Gunmaker" book I have. It was a simple way to demonstrate his concept. It may be in the Browning museum now. BTW, its a fascinating book.

As far as this thing goes, its not to my taste. I can understand the plastic stocks for all weather durability. But the rest of it seems just made up to please the RAMBO crowd that are enamored with black guns. I can't see any real practical value, at least in my world. Not to mention it is just plain butt ugly.

I know it's ugly but the adjustable stock is what I like about it one gun that will fit every one in the family.

'scuze me.......I just puked in my mouth
    The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government.
    -- Thomas Jefferson

Bought one of these several years ago for hog hunting in central Florida. The adjustable stock is useful for different shooters. The rail is perfect for mounting a light for night hunting. Rifle has never malfunctioned and is accurate with a range of Sierra and Speer FP's, and Lee C309-170-f. I got it for its utility not for the look.

Boolit Master

Probably sells well in the states that inhibit ownership of AR and AK style rifles.
    Keep your powder dry,

Scharf

Boolit Master
    I vomited in my mouth at the first sight of one of those ugly things. Maybe, MAYBE if it had standard looking furniture like some ebony stained wood it might be better looking. Perhaps for a truck gun if you must have a lever but don't want to punish a nice looking gun.
    ~ Chris

Casting, reloading, shooting, collecting, restoring, smithing, etc, I love it all but most importantly, God, Family, The United States Constitution and Freedom...

God Bless our Troops, Veterans and First Responders!

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas
    Accuracy, Power & Speed

Boolit Buddy
    Then ya'll gonna hate me for this...

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...ool-Marlin-336

Boolit Grand Master

A rail has a very real purpose on a rifle.
    An adjustable stock has a very real purpose on a rifle.
    A flash hider, a fiber optic sight, synthetic furniture, parkerizing, all have a very real and viable purpose in a firearm that is meant to be compact, and versatile.
    What is it about a levergun that precludes these modern accouterments?
    Is it that we view our firearms more by who they make us look like, rather than what they do for us? The two viewpoints are diametrically apposed, and I can appreciate both, but I come down on the side of function most of the time. My only problem with this rifle is that all their additional doodads probably doesn't make it function one iota better than the original.
    For instance, I love the sliding stock, but why not apply a little "modern style" to the knuckle busting lever while they were at it? I love the idea of a muzzle break, but that bird cage isn't going to accomplish much except to look cool and make more noise for the shooter without giving you the benefit of faster followup shots.
    Fiber optic sights? Groovy.
    All in all, I see more pluses than minuses, especially if I were hunting in the rain for extended periods and my shots were going to be close and fast.
    Precision in the wrong place is only a placebo.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by goodsteel View Post
    A rail has a very real purpose on a rifle.
    An adjustable stock has a very real purpose on a rifle.
    A flash hider, a fiber optic sight, synthetic furniture, parkerizing, all have a very real and viable purpose in a firearm that is meant to be compact, and versatile.
    Is it that we view our firearms more by who they make us look like, rather than what they do for us? The two viewpoints are diametrically apposed, and I can appreciate both, but I come down on the side of function most of the time. My only problem with this rifle is that all their additional doodads probably doesn't make it function one iota better than the original.
    For instance, I love the sliding stock, but why not apply a little "modern style" to the knuckle busting lever while they were at it? I love the idea of a muzzle break, but that bird cage isn't going to accomplish much except to look cool and make more noise for the shooter without giving you the benefit of faster followup shots.
    Fiber optic sights? Groovy.
    All in all, I see more pluses than minuses, especially if I were hunting in the rain for extended periods and my shots were going to be close and fast.
    FWIW, I agree with you, Tim.
    "Treetop"
    Sgt. USMC
    1968-71

"Accuracy has a suppressive power all by itself."
    Lt. Gen. George Flynn, USMC

“The Second Amendment was not written to protect your right to shoot deer.
    It was written to protect your right to shoot tyrants…”
    Judge Andrew Napolitano

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by goodsteel View Post

Because they're just so danged UGLY on a lever gun!!!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by oldred View Post
    Because they're just so danged UGLY on a lever gun!!!
    Not only ugly its a sacrilege to put plastic on such a wonderful classic. Reminds me of seeing a naturally beautiful woman covered with gross tattoos and dyed hair. A better analogy, a sportorized mint 03 Springfield or Garand. ....YUCK!!
    Last edited by azrednek; 08-18-2015 at 01:45 AM.