Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Reloading EverythingLoad DataInline FabricationTitan Reloading
Wideners Repackbox

Thread: RCBS Customer Service

RCBS Customer Service

I have a RCBS Little Dandy Powder Measure that I purchased 2nd hand about 30 years ago. It recently developed a length wise crack at the base of the plastic powder hopper. I had read about the outstanding customer service that RCBS is known for, so I e-mailed them, explaining my problem and that I was not the original owner.

Received an e-mail a short while ago stating that the part had been ordered for me at no charge.

RCBS customer service is a good as I had heard, this proves it.

I've had numerous experiences like that with them. My last experience was me sending an email explaining that I was trying to shoot cast in my ought-6. I asked if they had a different style seater plug for my flat nose boolits, and how much it would cost me. I received an email 2 days later saying they shipped me out a new seater plug- no charge. When I got the envelope, there was the seater plug and an entire decapping/expanding assembly for .310 diameter. The guy on the other end of the email correctly assumed that I would also need to expand my case necks for an over-sized boolit and tossed the part in there with the seater plug.

Things like this is why I've upgraded all of my die sets to RCBS, and will continue to purchase they're products.
    I serve Jesus exclusively...do you?

.45-70 Marlin 1895 GBL
    .30-06 Win. M70

I finally obtained a feedback post!

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...80#post4182480

Boolit Grand Master

I've told my stories before. The good news is that I got the parts I needed. Some I had to pay for. Each person I talked to gave me a different reason as why I had to pay. I'm not upset that I had to pay but the inconsistencies annoy me. And each time it took at least three weeks to receive the parts. Like I said I eventually got the parts I needed. But I don't have an overwhelming love for RCBS customer service that many seem to have. I've been better served by other manufacturers.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    I've told my stories before. The good news is that I got the parts I needed. Some I had to pay for. Each person I talked to gave me a different reason as why I had to pay. I'm not upset that I had to pay but the inconsistencies annoy me. And each time it took at least three weeks to receive the parts. Like I said I eventually got the parts I needed. But I don't have an overwhelming love for RCBS customer service that many seem to have. I've been better served by other manufacturers.
    I have to agree with a lot of what you said. I had no issue really with any of those I talked to other than one really stupid guy there. However it took several two months to get parts up to Canada and even then it took three tries to get the right address so I could get the parts.

Now in fairness there was no charge for the parts and it didn't stop me from using the press. Everyone I talked to there said they are not set up for tracking numbers for USPS and I find this a little hard to swallow as everyone else who ships with USPS give tracking numbers and I get whatever I order within a week to ten days and can track it all the way.

Boolit Master
    Try Forester out. RCBS is the gold standard
    "It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees" Looking for an RCBS Ammomaster and H&R shotgun barrels regardless of condition

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    I love RCBS. I have bought molds before with missing or damage mounting screws and they send new screws, even after I tell them that I bought the things used.
    Sometimes they send two sets. All free.
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

I have had several problems and RCBS has always come through for me.

Boolit Master
    I just bought a 270 neck sizing die set. It came with a bent stem. The person I spoke with was polite and friendly. The new part is in the mail.

I purchased thru Ebay an RCBS press - when I got it the handle was held on my a castle nut off a vehicle on backwards! - tried to call RCBS but line was closed for the night - so I emailed 'em asking for price of the part and shipping charges - got an email that part was on it's way no charge - Like Dillon - RCBS has earned a place on my reloading bench.
    When I wanted another standalone press I found myself gravitating towards those two brands.
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by troyboy View Post
    Try Forester out. RCBS is the gold standard
    Forster has done me well. I've had them polish out dies to match brass shot in my chamber. Best 13.00 dollars I spent.

CH4D, Forster, Hornady, RCBS and Redding get my business.

take care

r1kk1

Boolit Master
    While it can happen that you get someone dry or clueless on the "other end" at RCBS ...... you most often get real good service ..........

The odds are if you feel left out on the first try ...... give them another call!

I did on a tool that's been out of manufacturering for several years.

Upon being rebuffed by the first try ......... I looked up the item and found that the parts I needed were in fact being used in current models of this tool ........ I re-called them, got a different person and the parts were shipped free of any charges.

I got antsy and called a third time as it was a little slow .................. and for my trouble, they sent a second set of parts ..........

It turned out really good because the tool I was working on is the "Standard" bench priming tool and the priming punches ...... what I needed was the small punch set ....... vary in length and I mixed and matched until I found the very best set of large and small punches to keep up front and center ........ the others are a little too long and I can grind them in the future if need be.

The only thing I noticed about calling RCBS is that you go through two fairly long wait periods ..... one with "Blount" and the second with RCBS.

BTW, Speer and Hornady has been good for me also.

Best regards

Three 44s

Boolit Bub
    RCBS has been too good to me. I mean it's not their fault the small and large punches were lost on a bench priming tool I bought at a re-sale shop. I feel like a mooch. I would gladly pay. But then I've more than made up for it in the reloading dies, bullet puller and all the rest of the stuff I've bought. The only product of theirs that I never cared for was the casting ladle I received. They sent me another but it was poor too, so I bought the Lyman and returned the RCBS to Midway. The Lyman is a great ladle.

Boolit Buddy

once again RCBS to the rescue. Lost my small primer seater for my bench mounted primer. Email to RCBS and 10 days later, not only a small primer seater, but the large as well. Thanks RCBS, you make the buying decisions for the future easy

I mangled the small primer punch on my bench mounted priming system and told the guy that. It was not a fault of the equipment but my own. They still would not take my money and sent me a new set of punches large and small free of charge.

Boolit Buddy

I received an old RCBS case trimmer 1, Its from the 70's i'm guessing. anyway, I don't know if its me, but the darn thing can't be set to repeat! I have an old forester one and its a charm.
    I figured out its in the locking collet, it wants to pull the case back when you tighten it. The thing is, you cant tighten it the same every time, especially with different make cases.
    If im not doing something wrong with it, then I'll be really surprised that RCBS made and sold these things!!

Has anyone experienced this with the old RCBS case trimmer 1?

Boolit Master
    bigjake, if you are not trimming for a $2000.00 bench rest rifle, you do not need to have +/- .0001 accuracy. all my brass is trimmed to +/- .004 and i trim and measure each piece to get into those numbers. yes it is slow.

Boolit Master
    bigjake, it just occurred to me that quite a while back, rcbs came out with a different trimmer and i heard that you could convert yours to the newer trimmer by changing the collet chuck to the newer shellplate style. the trimmer bases are the same.